Pot Luck Lunch on Jan 5

Either way Kris.

If you host, I'll make a big crockpot full of chili. Hopefully the others can bring the bowls, spoons, napkins, saltines or cornbread, shredded cheddar, sour cream, and their favorite hot sauce (I'll have Tabasco with me). And a dessert. I can make a mild chili and everyone can spice it up to their heart's content.

So 5 DIS'sers thus far, I'll assume 2 people each or 10 total.

I assume you have a Premium site reserved per your norm and I have a Preferred reserved. I'm comfortable hosting though if you prefer not to.

Bama Ed

Ed, I think it would be great if you host. We are expecting to still have yeti in Jan. Though we can kind of decide who has the better spot. If we host I will just keep yeti in the corner. Not sure how good of pickings I will he since we come in on Jan 2. If you host we can help with paper products and hopefully a veggie of some kind.

Kris and Ed Thank You both for stepping up I seem to recall posting a list of those who had replied on the previous page

Okay i can host. We come in the day after you i think (on the 3rd) so we need folks to sign up here for stuff.

Bama Ed

Sounds good Ed. We can be back up or decide based on who had the better site for hosting. I am just not sure what will be available. We will bring food and paper products.

Probably easier to let me know or just tell me what to bring. Lol. I'll be coming up on the 3rd.

Since Greg and I just got home yesterday from a week at the Fort, I know we won't be camping again but maybe since we live close by we can stop in. Let me check with him to see if he has any plans. Will let you know.

Count me in for some Chicken and wine and some soda, AND my famous potato salad.

PS - If this stretches to just after 2:00pm, MrsRustyScupper can join us.

Last edited:
Okay let's try to nail down details so all of Mike's hard work pays off:

Friday, January 5, 1 pm (see post #33) Kris and Bert's site 417

DIS name, headcount, bringing

bama_ed (2) - chili (might host)
garneska (2) - paper products, vegie, flat iron steak, cookies (might host)
ozgood (2) - dessert
TheRustyScupper (2) - Chicken and wine. Mrs. Scupper to join after 2pm.
Sunspot (2) - can you bring an appetizer/finger foodie>

HC total: 10

Please confirm your headcount to help us cooks and Publix deli types know how much food to bring or make.

As you reply below I will update this post and keep it current for reference.

Based on past DIS meets, who ever hosts can be available about an 30 minutes before the event to receive deliveries of food, beverages, folding chairs, etc. in advance if desired.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Ed we will bring paper products and some kind of veggie. We may also cook a flat iron steak and bring some cookies or something. It will be rather chilly on Friday so that will be fun. I am tlooking forward to that 30 degree 10k but I am sure ozgood and sundial (sunspot’s brother) are not looking forward to 3 cold mornings. I am still holding out hope the marathon morning is 45.

Count me in for some Chicken and wine and some soda.

PS - If this stretches to just after 2:00pm, MrsRustyScupper can join us.

We can maybe delay things till 1pm which can mean the party will still be going hopefully at 2pm and Mrs Scupper can join us and hopefully the day will be that little bit warmer by then.

Anybody see a problem with starting at 1?

Bama Ed

I'll have 2. Sundial will be there also. If it gets really cold I may have some challenges figuring out mitten friendly finger food.

NOT FAIR.
1) We moved to Florida for the weather.
2) As of today (1/2/2018), we have to wear long pants and a jacket.
3) Could put a damper on our Jan-5 Fort-meet-and-greet.
4) Florida Tourism Board will near from me!

NOT FAIR.
1) We moved to Florida for the weather.
2) As of today (1/2/2018), we have to wear long pants and a jacket.
3) Could put a damper on our Jan-5 Fort-meet-and-greet.
4) Florida Tourism Board will near from me!

TRS Who said LIFE IS FAIR? Your expected lows over the next few days are still far below the highs most of us North of the Mason Dixon line have been dealing with since before Christmas. Now if you really want someone to complain to May I suggest You find the author and producer of an "INCONVIENENT TRUTH'' and ask where did he put your global warming ?
In the interim This is one of those times where we have to live life on life's terms. So Suck it up Buttercup, Put on your big boy thermal under-roos and do the next right thing

Last edited:
Sorry, we can not make it, hope you all have a good time.

Was looking forward to a photo thread meet up. :) My brother and I will have to come up there one of the next times you are over at the Fort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter