Pot Luck Lunch on Jan 5

FtW Mike

DIS Veteran
Last year I suggested a communal Pot luck dinner for those of us who would be at THE FORT in Early Jan I understand it was a great success as a mechanical failure caused us to cancel our trip our 1st day on the road. Bama Ed Thank you for picking up my slack and playing host. As many Dis'ers will be running over that weekend end and be at THE FORT, I reached out to some that have indicated they will be there and to accommodate those runners and prerace night rituals and one well known person who is leaving the next day For this year I suggest er try for a lunch meet and greet on Jan 5. Lucille and I will gladly host at our site.
We will need the standards Paper Plates , bowls, cups and plastic utensils, some Ice and beverages. Due to a medical condition I do not drink as I tend to break out in spots but for those can have an Adult Beverage please feel free to bring it only please take any leftovers home with you Any one interested let us know and what you can provide
I am planning to make a crock pot of Venison chili provided I can harvest enough free range Frijoles Negro and Habulchelos in the the local woodlots between now and my departure day

Last edited:
Frank and Denise played host last year so thanks to them (and they had a beautiful waterfront site along the canal in 1800 :rolleyes: ). I just brought some food.

Jan 5 is a Friday so we can make that. The prior day is our MK day. I will bring bowls, spoons, and a bag of ice plus a food item.

ED

Last edited:
Sigh....will I miss out here too.

You all have fun now.

Need to see who all will be around those first two weeks in December.

Frank and Denise played host last year so thanks to them (and they had a beautiful waterfront site along the canal in 1800 :rolleyes: ). I just brought some food.

Jan 5 is a Friday so we can make that. The prior day is our MK day. I will bring bowls, spoons, and a bag of ice plus a food item.

ED
You CAN Make it !!:worship::worship::worship: Who would have Thunked it:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Denise and Frank please accept m sincerest apologies I remember Ed posting about it and Thunkeded he was the one who took up hosting duties As penance I will go and lash myself mercilessly with 5 semi al dente stands of spaghetti

Bert and I are in. Not sure what we are bringing. I am guessing food, but will probably be something from Publix. Will see what things are coming in from everyone else.

Current list of atendee's

FT W MIKE Mike and Lucille along with WookieBear, Sky and Katie We will put 1 pot of venison chili
Garneske Kris , Bert and hopefully an appearence by the Rock Stars Yeti and Mallory
Bama Ed Ed and his Sainted Wife He will provide Ice Paper plates and b
The Rusty Scupper
John Vin who at present is a very definite maybe
Ozgood

Last edited:
I haven't been on the board in a while, but we'll be there in January! Hope to join in this time around!

I haven't been on the board in a while, but we'll be there in January! Hope to join in this time around!

Paula, IIRC you are running multiple races on the Marathon Weekend. Mike, we'll have to make her's an EXTRA big bowl of venison chili/stew.

Bama Ed

@Ozgood you signed up for dopey this time right? You had that big switch from half to full last year, so why not dopey this year.

@Ozgood you signed up for dopey this time right? You had that big switch from half to full last year, so why not dopey this year.

I did sign up for Dopey...I haven't been running consistently, so there will be a lot
of walking

We're actually at the Fort now for Halloween and Wine and Dine challenge. Fingers crossed!!

Going to have to ask someone else to step up and take over duties of hosting. On my way home with the coach from the shop today we were in an accident and while nobody is hurt coach has too much damage to it for the trip like the rear cap is gone and so are half the doors to storage on drivers side

giphy.gif

Actually my language was a little stronger.... Bama Ed

Ed my thought was to have one of those "Send someone to meet Jesus upclose and personal moments" But decided that was going to change anything and maybe not the wisest course of action. Insurance work in the process, our TA notified, ADR's getting cancelled and in the morning we will cancel stops along the way. Maybe even start planning for a good trip someplace in the spring.

Long time stalker here. Add another to the list for the opportunity to dine with Fort rockstars and royalty. Brother's running the dopey and I stumbled across a site for the 3rd thru 8th. Made the move from years on the dark side to the Fort this past year.

Thought I would check on this since a few have dropped out.

Please let me know if you are still in for pot luck. This is who might be coming:

@bama_ed @Ozgood @TheRustyScupper @SunSpot

I think 12:30 is what Mike suggested so let's go with that. Let me know if anyone else is interested or if your plans have changed.

1) OK, call me confused.
2) I have committed to attend, and can't read from the post if the meet-and-greet is still on or off.
3) So, do we still have a "noon-ish" meeting/meal or not, and who is the host or hostess?
4) Thanks.

1. I was checking to see if we still have people attending.
2. I will count you as attending.
3. Yep we need a new host, I figure me or Bama_ed. I can do it, but will not steal the show if ed would like to. Figured leave the time set at 12:30.
4. You are welcome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter