Post your Pin Trading Trivia Questions and Answers Here

ValpoCory

DIS Veteran
One thing I was excited about was pin trading and answering Disney trivia questions to get upgraded pins to trade for. I'm a Disney fan, and I didn't have a chance at the two questions I received. I wished I could have studied a bit on Disboards to give me a better chance at answering one.

There are tons of questions they can ask. The lady on Main Street, USA had a book of them on note cards. But maybe, if we get enough of them here, it might help a future Disboard Disney fan one day. Obviously, don't expect the pixie dust of upgraded trivia pins. But maybe, if it opportunity arises, this preparation will help you meet that opportunity. Anyway, our questions:

Location: Main Street, U.S.A. They asked me if I wanted a movie or parks question. I said parks.
--> What is the name of the Yeti creature in the Matterhorn ride? Answer: Harold

Critter Country store
--> What are the only Country Bear Jamboree set piece references still in Disneyland, and where are they? Answer: They are the Max, Buff, and Melvin mounted heads hidden on the Winnie the Pooh ride in Critter Country

Also, I've also seen on YouTube videos:
--> What is Boo's actual name in Monster's, Inc.? Answer: Mary, which is the first name of the voice actress for Boo.

Last edited:
I was checking out at a store in DCA, and two folks at the counter were doing trivia for a pin the cast member ringing me up.

What movie has in it the Walt Disney quote "Keep Moving Forward" Or something to that effect
Answer: Meet the Robinsons.

They were still trying to come up with the answer by the time my purchase was finished. I did not help them as the cast member asked that I not do that. :)

I was checking out at a store in DCA, and two folks at the counter were doing trivia for a pin the cast member ringing me up.

What movie has in it the Walt Disney quote "Keep Moving Forward" Or something to that effect
Answer: Meet the Robinsons.

They were still trying to come up with the answer by the time my purchase was finished. I did not help them as the cast member asked that I not do that. :)
That's great, EEva! Thank you for sharing that question!

Where can you do this?
Most souvenir store cash registers have pin trading with generic bland trading pins that you can buy in bulk on eBay for 10 cents each. They may have 1 good one to trade for. Each time I asked to trade, I also asked if they had any trivia pins. They either said "not right now", "not at this location, try over there", or "we sure do".

Ok, some truths here.

Last June 2023 I was in World of Disney at Downtown Disney. I have about 10 trading pins that I bring with me. My aim is just to trade them all and then end my trip with 10 different pins.

There was a pin trading board at the far end of World of Disney, at the cash till near the back of the store. I started talking to the cm who was minding the board. I saw a pin I wanted to trade and give her own of mine. I cant remember which one it was, but it was a good pin, one that she knew would be wanted by a lot of people. She said she would keep it as a mystery pin. I asked her what she meant. She said that when the cms see high quality or rare or sought after pins on the boards, they put them on the back, out of sight. Then when they see kids or genuine pin traders, not the professional collectors, they play the trivia game. I helped her brain storm for a trivia question for my pin. Its the cms way of trying to reduce down the number of scrapper and fake pins on the boards and to stop the professional collectors just clearing out all the good high quality and rare pins.

Theres no set list of questions, its just really up that individual cm, what question they want to ask people. This whole mystery pin and trivia question game is not an official part of their job. Their job is to just stand there and mind the pin board. If the cm cares about pin trading, they might do the trivia game, if they are just filling in for someone and have no interest in pins they might not.

Theres no real point in trying to put together a list of questions, as each cm has a different part of Disney that they are interested in or have knowledge about, and also , they get questions from guests who talk to them.

Just like with everything, the cms start doing something cool but then it gets known about, and ruined as people EXPECT the pixie dust.

Most souvenir store cash registers have pin trading with generic bland trading pins that you can buy in bulk on eBay for 10 cents each.
The reason the boards are filled with the fakes and scrappers is because over the years people heard about the pin trading and just want cheap pins to trade.

Theres no set list of questions, its just really up that individual cm, what question they want to ask people.

At least as of 2 weeks ago, the large store on Main Street U.S.A had a book filled with pin trading questions written on notecards that were slid into clear plastic pages like you'd do with baseball cards. But I definitely agree that different locations have different processes for trivia trading. And definitely agree to never expect trivia pin pixie dust or any pixie dust from CMs. This thread is just for fun, better preparing Disney fans for the opportunity of conditional trivia question pixie dust.

Last edited:
We love it when they do the trivia! My DDs are late teens now, and have been trading since they were little girls. We always only buy official Disney pins (usually the 5 mystery pins in the bag of different themes) so we know we are trading nice pins. Often the CMs at the store across from Soarin' will offer a regular trade, or if you have a special pin to trade, they will do a trivia question. The difficulty of the question (and the pin that the CM is willing to trade to you) depends on the quality of the pin you have to trade (is it from a mystery bag set, a limited edition or not, etc). Sometimes they get the question correct and get to have a neat trade, and sometimes not! But this is a great way to keep the bad pins from being the only things out there.

I can't remember any of the questions though!!!

We love it when they do the trivia! My DDs are late teens now, and have been trading since they were little girls. We always only buy official Disney pins (usually the 5 mystery pins in the bag of different themes) so we know we are trading nice pins. Often the CMs at the store across from Soarin' will offer a regular trade, or if you have a special pin to trade, they will do a trivia question. The difficulty of the question (and the pin that the CM is willing to trade to you) depends on the quality of the pin you have to trade (is it from a mystery bag set, a limited edition or not, etc). Sometimes they get the question correct and get to have a neat trade, and sometimes not! But this is a great way to keep the bad pins from being the only things out there.

I can't remember any of the questions though!!!

That's awesome! We only buy official pins too. Next time, I'll show them the nice pins I have and then ask if they have trivia pins. Then if they ask me too hard a question, they don't get my nice pin!

Does pin trading trivia take place in Disney World? If so what locations because I am just hearing about this.
I don't remember trivia pins being a thing at WDW. Just pin trading and "mystery box" pin trading where you choose 2 numbers between 1 and 24 and they offer you those 2 pins. I only noticed the trivia pin thing with Disneyland YouTubers started putting their trivia experiences on the internet. But never hurts to ask. As usual, don't expect pixie dust, although judging by the difficulty of the questions, this is less pixie dust and more an exercise in humility for people who think they are Disney fans.

1711487833779.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter