Post your favorite Richyams quotes / links here.

Originally posted by BCV23

One of my favorite posts of his was on a thread about listing good things about a resort other than your home. Well, of course he posted about BWV and had a long list of tongue in cheek advantages. They included the line about reaching into the refrigerator from the balcony, cleaning the entire villa with one paper towel, aerobic workout walking the hallways. I ached from laughing!

Oh, yes! I just remembered that! Didn't he have something to say about the "family togetherness you'd achieve in those BWV units because they were so tiny"? He said that one time-I think it was then-and it was so funny!

Originally posted by ErinC
... I also remember the post he started asking if should no longer post on the boards, that went several pages, all the while knowing he was sitting back and reading it and laughing.:teeth: He will be missed!
Erin
Yep, I remember that poll, I think the closenes of the outcome
surprised him. Pretty brave to put it out there. You could never call him wishy-washy, or flip-flopper, you certainly knew where he stood politically and on the issue of faith, if you ever visited the debate board. He always had some clear statements regarding the liberal political philosophy that left no room for doubt. 42 is way, way too young for a father to pass away.

May his family and friends have very fond memories of thier time at DVC together. Life is much, much too short for all of us, and certainly for anyone passing away at 42. May god bless Richyams and his family, whatever his personal beliefs.

I loved Rich's post about the new guidebook in 2003- his description of it was....

"Crsppy, cruddy, near useless new guidebook"

.... but I'll post it here also. People always accused him of bashing BWV, only posting negatives, so he decided to post the positive aspects of the resort. My favorite was: "The window glass at BWV is very clear."

I will truly miss Rich's posts, especially those involving the resort comparisons. I too have wandered the neverending hallways at BWV and gone back to OKW.

Rich we miss you!:(

I loved it when the newbies couldn't figure out what his name was, and started referring to him as "Mr. Yams."

I bet he got a kick out of that!

...Can't believe he's gone...

Does anybody know if, by chance, they had a family picture at Olivia's/Community Hall?

Originally posted by RumpleMom
Cyber-funeral?

You know we will be serving pig's feet for sure.
When I was at the grocery on Tuesday I saw pig's feet and thought of Rich. It has to be my all time favorite post when he wrote about fixing them in his DVC kitchen. How strange that I would see the feet on the day he left us.:(

Any one else remember his thread about how people in Florida don't seem to know how to drive?

I laughed out loud because I too remember driving behind some old lady who shorter than the head rest with her turn signal on constantly when I use to live in Florida.

Now ever time I see someone who forgets to turn off their turn signal, I think of Rich and that thread.

Originally posted by Bexx
It isn't a quote, but I've always loved his tag - A man, A Legend, A way of life. Wonderful!!:D

Hi-- this is Jacqueline, his daughter, and I wanted to let you all know that on the back of his memorial cards, with his picture on them, that's going to be what it says. :)

Rich Hyams- A Man, A Legend, A Way Of Life.

Originally posted by Richyams
Hi-- this is Jacqueline, his daughter, and I wanted to let you all know that on the back of his memorial cards, with his picture on them, that's going to be what it says. :)

Rich Hyams- A Man, A Legend, A Way Of Life.

Welcome to the DIS, Jacqueline! I'm so sorry for your loss. Just know that so many loved messaging with your dad, no matter what the subject. I think it's great that you are including his tag on his memorial cards. I bet he would really get a kick out of that. I'll be thinking about you and your mom on Sunday.

Jacqueline,

I think it's one of the best ways to remember a remarkable man, it sums up everything in a very wonderful way.

You and your family are in our hearts and in our prayers....

All our hopes...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!