Post your favorite Richyams quotes / links here.

Hello Jacqueline.

"A Man, a Legend, a Way of Life" - it's a really lovely way to remember a father.

Take care.:D

OH The Pigs Feet, I loved that one! Thanks for finding it Mrs. Snowgood!

Jacqueline,
Thanks for the post. Please remember that our hearts and prayers are with you!

Those pig feet posts are truly hilarious. He should have been a writer, because he sure had a way with words.

I don't know why I love this Richie "post" so much, but I always laugh when he talked about why he didn't want to have daily maid service at DVC. Paraphrasing, he said that he didn't want a maid walking into his DVC unit while he was relaxing on the coach wearing nothing but his undies. This post never failed to make me smile & usually pops into my head, at least once, during every DVC stay.

I remember when I was planning my first DVC trip. There were going to be 4 adults, and I asked whether or not DVC would give room keys to the other adults. He blankly stated that we would only receive one room key for the seven of us (total). I started to flip out, ranting about how they could do such a thing. After I posted my frustration, I finally realized he was yanking my chain. From that point on, I looked forward to reading his responses to newbie questions, and the rise he would get out of some people. He will surely be missed, and my heartfelt condolences go to his wife and daughter.

Sheri

I remember that key post. I remember laughing out old how gullible you were! He really had you rolling..... My SIL came over and started to read and rant and rave about getting the one key. And honestly I couldn't stop laughing.

I just kept saying he's kidding, kidding.... Anyone have the link to that post?

Originally posted by ripleysmom
I can't because the debate board has been deleted.
That's right... Richyams rare perspective really came out on the dabate board, where some of his more controversial posts can be found across a wide variety of topics... religion and politics in particular. I'm not so sure he actually believed many of the arguments he posted... He did like to pull our chain now and then, and some of his posts really were over the top. Perhaps Pete will invite the family to access the debate forum to gather some of Rich's moments.

Whenever I think of Pigs Feet. I think of my grandmom and Rich.

Not that I think of pigs feets very much, only when Richyams is mentioned :)

So sad for a life so young to be over. Just think though, how many lives did this man touch?
More than I ever will that's for sure.

RIP Rich

The funniest remembrance for me was a thread long ago where we were discussing the reason that the dues were so much lower at OKW was because the owners were expected to do their own maintenance. BYOH - Bring your own hammer. One day of each vacation you was to be used for painting. That kind of stuff. Rich defended his beloved OKW so vehemently that I could almost see his ears turning red. I was in tears laughing so hard. The thread ended with us discussing the next DVC would be in the parking lot of DD and would be dubbed Tent City Villas.

Unfortunately the thread is long long gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter