Post -Trip Report. Photos on page 9 and 10 - 4/29/2010-05/02/2010

Making me nervous for my stay at AKL. Hopefully there won't be much screaming while I'm there.

I loved 20,000 leagues!!

I didn't hear any screaming (kids) when I was there, only DP!

Thats the one place that DP wants to stay. He thinks Giraffes are going to greet him on his balcony. As long as he can see them from his balcony, he would probably wet himself.

Thats the one place that DP wants to stay. He thinks Giraffes are going to greet him on his balcony. As long as he can see them from his balcony, he would probably wet himself.

We were down there the same time as you apparently. We stayed at AKL and while we did see giraffes from our balcony, the giraffes were much more visible and plentiful from the public viewing spot in Kidani Village.

We did have a giraffe sit next to our balcony at night though. That was cool to see, but dark.

Our stay at AKL was incredible. I think that's what made me a 'disneydork'. Seeing the animals from your balcony is so awesome. We never had the screaming kid issue. We had screaming 'exotic bird at the break of dawn' issue. But hey, we took as part of the experience.

AKL is our favorite resort. The best savanna view we ever had was a concierge lodge room (NOT our concierge villa, which was a pool view). Come to think of it, the savanna view villa we had last year wasn't all that great, either, and it was FAAAARRR from the lobby.

The rooms are typically pretty quiet. The one time 2 kids went SCREAMING past our room I opened the door and gave them (AND the parents) the "nanny death stare" and they got very, very quiet. Any loud noises from the lobby do echo, so if your room is right on the perimeter of the lobby you may hear screaming kids.

There have't been any kids nearly as loud as the ones at SSR. They had a group of what had to be 10 or 12 people and they came back from the pool one night around midnight just BELLOWING. So I opened the door, marched out there, and told them to STOP IT. :mad: Problem solved.

I have spent almost 17 years raising other people's children, so my expectations for behavior tend to be pretty rigid. :rolleyes1 I also have zero tolerance for naughty children when I am on vacation. You would think we would choose a different destination, huh?

You mean like this?

IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg

IMG_1439.jpg

You mean like this?

IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg

IMG_1439.jpg

Yup, that's what would send him over the edge. You should have seen him last year when we went to San Francisco and went to the Pier and saw the Sea Lions. Like a little kid. OH, and when we went to AK and we found the Kangaroo's. I couldn'g get him to leave. He just kept giggling.

We are staying in cocierge in Sept, what is the difference in the lodge room and the villa?

The villas are DVC. There are only five 2-bedroom concierge villas in the whole building. They can be reserved as 2 bedroom, or spilt into one studio and one 1 bedroom. We had a studio last year, but it was on the right (if you are standing at the front of the building looking towards the back) and those are pool view.

ALL of the lodge concierge rooms have savanna view. There are probably pics somewhere. I'll have to think about that. Maybe in our PhotoBucket? :confused3 That was our 2008 trip.

DH keeps ragging me that we aren't in concierge this year, but when I called to reserve it (at 11 months out) it wasn't available and I wasn't in the mood to mess with waitlisting. I told him if he let me buy more points we would stay concierge next year. But he said no. :mad:

Thanks so much for sharing so may pictures. You have the sweetest, most caring eyes....BEAUTIFUL!!

Woohoo! Over at the "other" major Disney forum *cough*, our trip report made the weekly noteworthy threads. I kind of make this a personal goal. :)

This week brings us some delicious eye candy from the Parks! First, a heartwarming Trip report and then a look at the amazingly gorgeous refurb walls (yes, refurb walls!) in Fantasyland!~ PEZZ Lightyear
DL Vet's first trip to WDW as a couple 4/29-5/2
Zeitzeuge and his main squeeze went to WDW recently and bring back this incredibly terrific Trip Report! With lots of photos and stories galore, this is one adventure worth sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter