Post Disney Blues

Pooh's-Honey-Pot

DVC owner since 2020 - VGF, BLT and SSR
Been home four days and the blues are just getting worse!!!!!:sad::sad::sad::sad:

And I'm so depressed knowing that I have the torture of trying to find flights for next year at a good price in the next few weeks. (Yes, I know I should just be grateful that next years is booked!).

And all the dole whips have made a dramatic and unwelcome appearance on my stomach and chins this morning.

I want to go home!!!!!:sad::sad::sad:

Oh no!!! Honestly I feel your pain, I always stay blue for a while after a Disney trip.

Try to focus on your trip next year and all the fun things you're going to do, something you might not have done this trip.

It's also nearly Christmas (Yes it is, only 2 months next Wednesday) so you could distract yourself think about that and what you're going to do.

Or just stick on a load of Disney songs look at your holiday pictures :cutie:

Best of luck with the flight search and I hope you get a fab deal :thumbsup2

I've started researching costs for Universal as we wanted a couple of days there next year - holy moly!!!!!!!!! o_O

I know - crazy prices everywhere. Last year we bought a 14 day ticket for universal, only the 2 parks then. That price has gone up by almost £400 for next year. If you find anything please post, I'm all booked at RPH but need the tickets.
As far as flights for August I refuse to pay Virgins inflated prices and I refuse to spend my time stalking websites.
I got a good deal with United although I chose flights via Frankfurt operated by Lufthansa, good times, no changing terminals and a decent price.
Good luck!

ETA the universal price was for 3 A and a child.

Last edited:

I know - crazy prices everywhere. Last year we bought a 14 day ticket for universal, only the 2 parks then. That price has gone up by almost £400 for next year. If you find anything please post, I'm all booked at RPH but need the tickets.
As far as flights for August I refuse to pay Virgins inflated prices and I refuse to spend my time stalking websites.
I got a good deal with United although I chose flights via Frankfurt operated by Lufthansa, good times, no changing terminals and a decent price.
Good luck!

ETA the universal price was for 3 A and a child.

Its crazy money!!!! We are looking at about $700 for one night and one day in the parks staying onsite!! Do they think they're as good as Disney or something?!

Wow $700 for one night! In several years I have mainly booked my universal part via a uk site - Expedia, hotels.com for example and had no problems and have only paid close to that price for 3-4 nights.
I am signed up to both the Loews site and the universal site and receive their special deals with inclusive park tickets although only once has it worked out cheaper.

I have my hotel reserved for next August and am hoping for a deal on the tickets before then.
I can't believe the price jump on the 14 day UK.

totally know the feeling!!!!!
regarding tickets, i can't believe how expensive they are for 2018....
i don't think we'll be able to take the whole family for a long time!!

For Universal, if you are travelling every year but your trip falls within a twelve month period, it may be better value to purchase an annual pass. They have several types depending on dates of travel. The annual pass also gives great discounts off their hotels. We'd booked RPH for approx $460 per night and the AP discount reduced it to around $270 per night. It also gives good discounts on food and drinks in the parks - 20% I think.

I have the Disney Blues all year around. Continually. If i'm not there I'm missing it! xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!