Post Cruise Survey - Annual Earnings and Net Worth

It would be interesting to know why they want your net worth. Are they wondering if there are enough cruisers out there to fill their new ships too, and they can keep increasing their prices. I won't be giving our info.

I think the next recession will hit Disney hard. There should be some great deals for those of us not up to our eyeballs in debt.
I totally agree. (in regards to WDW) A lot of people have said when it does hit they will just offer higher discounts on rooms. But hey, 50% off of a $900 room is still $450. Now I will admit that example is on the high side, but there are a lot of rooms that are not too far from that with rack rate now.

Of course they want to know so they can figure out just how high to set their prices, but I still can't imagine people telling them.

I agree with the PPs who think that a recession will hit Disney hard. Very hard.

Anyone else get the demographics question with a post cruise survey requesting annual earnings and net worth? Quite frankly I always decline to answer but I was floored that they were asking for you to indicate a net worth which included an explanation of how to calculate it. Anyone else get this? I was wondering why on earth does Disney need that info. My husband and I were joking that Disney can gauge how screwed they are when a recession hits.

Rather than them wondering how screwed they are...I'd be thinking they want to calculate how much they can screw us with pricing increases. 8-)

As @jdb in AZ said, they want to know your net worth so they can get a better bead on how much you have in the way of disposable resources.

A guest with an annual income of $150k/year and a net worth of $600k is probably of far more interest to Disney than a guest making $150k/year and a net worth of $0.

No way in helllllllll I’d volunteer that information. I don’t even give up my annual income on those things.

A guest with an annual income of $150k/year and a net worth of $600k is probably of far more interest to Disney than a guest making $150k/year and a net worth of $0.

Taken lots of Disney surveys, but never have been asked my net worth.

But I would go ahead and guess that their research shows that repeat guests with net worths above a certain threshold are much more likely to purchase DVC timeshares....

Taken lots of Disney surveys, but never have been asked my net worth.

But I would go ahead and guess that their research shows that repeat guests with net worths above a certain threshold are much more likely to purchase DVC timeshares....

Exactly. I refuse to disclose my income, and would never disclose my net worth, on such surveys because I don’t want to start getting hit with solicitations.

Why do you think it will hit DIsney hard? I think their movie, TV, and streaming businesses will hold up quite well during the next downtown. The Parks and Cruises are not the main profit generators for the company.

Disney reacts to downturns like a professional make soccer player who falls down in agony if someone looks at him funny. They act like they are barely making it. If any part of their income changes they freak.

I remember the big deal that California adventure had put money, real money, aside for their renovations (that I hated) that happened during the recession. They were able to keep to the schedule because of that. And then they started raising prices to make it up. Except they didn’t have the debt. They’d made a big deal about how they had the money. Huge over-reactors.

Net worth includes assets/investments/savings that can be tapped for luxuries like cruises. Annual income is generally used for living expenses.

In a perfect world, sure. Not in the real world, though.

Exactly. I refuse to disclose my income, and would never disclose my net worth, on such surveys because I don’t want to start getting hit with solicitations.

solicitations about buying a house at Golden Oak and joining Club 33? We didn’t even answer the net worth question and we already get those!

solicitations about buying a house at Golden Oak and joining Club 33? We didn’t even answer the net worth question and we already get those!

I‘ll bet they can (and do) categorize/rank guests by the average household income and average home value of the zip code the guest lists on their Disney profile, in terms of who to target for the higher-end solicitations.

We were asked about annual income (no way will I share that with them) but not net worth, LOL. I wonder if people are actually willing to answer those questions.
I have no problem giving it to them. Google already has the info so giving it to Disney isn't a big problem

I‘ll bet they can (and do) categorize/rank guests by the average household income and average home value of the zip code the guest lists on their Disney profile, in terms of who to target for the higher-end solicitations.

Public, self-reported, census, and other data is aggregated at the Zip4 level, which is much more accurate. They don't need your actual net worth. They can get "close enough" for marketing purposes.

Or worse... STOP sending me solicitations because I'm not the right financial demographic. ;)

I have no problem giving it to them. Google already has the info so giving it to Disney isn't a big problem

I've seen people's supposed income and net worth pop up during Google searches before, but I had never checked my own. I Googled it and a website came up that purported to know my information. I laughed. It had my income at twice what it is and my net worth at less than a third of what it is.

I feel like I get asked about annual income (gross or net) frequently, but not net worth. I'd probably just ignore that one as I wouldn't want to bother trying to think through all of our assets and liabilities to get to a number.

I've never seen the net worth question, only the one about annual income. I always decline to answer that too. Maybe I should answer with a low number and maybe they will take pity on me and send me a pin code for once. LOL

Public, self-reported, census, and other data is aggregated at the Zip4 level, which is much more accurate. They don't need your actual net worth. They can get "close enough" for marketing purposes.

Which makes me wonder why are they asking guests for it now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!