Post-Christmas crowds

skbaker

Earning My Ears
I know that the week between Christmas and New Years is crazy crowded at Disneyland. But can someone tell me how the first week of January is (like January 2nd through 4th)? Are the holiday crowds still there, or has most everyone gone home by that point?

Until all the schools are back in session it will still be very busy.

Also keep an eye on the AP blackout calendars. Some APs are blacked out through the first couple days of the year. When they open back up, expect big crowds.

I know that the week between Christmas and New Years is crazy crowded at Disneyland. But can someone tell me how the first week of January is (like January 2nd through 4th)? Are the holiday crowds still there, or has most everyone gone home by that point?

Massive Crowds will decrease once school breaks are over.

Be prepared for several attractions to go down shortly after the holiday season ends.
That time frame is usually when Disney begins minor to major refurbishment projects.

Geemo

January 2-4 will probably still be crazy. APs are blocked out later this year, though, until the 5th or 6th, I think (but that’s because schools are mostly out that entire week).

Busy busy busy. Most school are out the Friday before Christmas and back the Monday after New years.
I have learned that when i go trying to avoid crowds it is still packed with everyone going trying to avoid the crowds.

so just go when you like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter