Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I had a red banner to change my flights last week, and today I went to change my flights and the red banner was gone. Has anyone had any luck with still changing it for free after the red banner is gone? Flight is in September. I’m not sure if it was a flight number change or perhaps a Boeing Max update?

I had a red banner to change my flights last week, and today I went to change my flights and the red banner was gone. Has anyone had any luck with still changing it for free after the red banner is gone? Flight is in September. I’m not sure if it was a flight number change or perhaps a Boeing Max update?
They offer these no-additional fare changes periodically. Your flight probably will not even be impacted by any schedule or aircraft changes; they just make the offer available to everyone with confirmed reservations for a specific date range. In previous posts on this topic, I advised those thinking about changing to not wait too long to take advantage of the offer. Typically, the offer is valid for about three days, from the time Southwest first activates it, no matter when you first notice it. I would keep checking, as sometimes the offer pops up again for the same period of time.

Thank you. If I immediately rebook (not just change but cancel and repurchase) because the price decreases and then we choose to not go and cancel the flight before Sept. 7, would that travel voucher have the 2022 expiration date?
Yes, as long as the flight (any flight) is canceled prior to September 7, 2020, travel funds will be extended to September 7, 2022.

Just an FYI. We had a trip in April planned and early on, when we thought it was possible, we moved that trip to May. Clearly that wasn't going to happen so we cancelled our plane tickets, which included EBCI. Our travel funds thankfully show the 9/2022 expiration but we had to get LUV vouchers for the EBCI. At that time, early on, via messenger, the SW agent said the LUV vouchers will have an expiration date of 4/2021 but not to worry, they will be adjusted to the 9/2022 date.

Yesterday I reached out via messenger to confirm that the LUV vouchers would be extended if we choose not to keep our early December plans. Received a great response that while the current vouchers continue to show 4/2021, it was explained to me that if we indeed decide to cancel/push the trip out into 2021, they will issue new LUV vouchers with a new expiration date which I'm assuming will be 9/2022. Right now, I can't ask for any more than that. LUV SW!

Last edited:
I am a little confused about SW's policies. I have travel funds that have been extended to the 9/22 expiration date. I want to use them to book a November 2020 flight. If things are not better by then, I will cancel that flight. If I make my cancellation decision in September, do I get travel credits that expire 9/22 (because I cancelled a flight before the end of September) or 6/21 (because I used travel funds to book a flight that I then decided to cancel)?

I am a little confused about SW's policies. I have travel funds that have been extended to the 9/22 expiration date. I want to use them to book a November 2020 flight. If things are not better by then, I will cancel that flight. If I make my cancellation decision in September, do I get travel credits that expire 9/22 (because I cancelled a flight before the end of September) or 6/21 (because I used travel funds to book a flight that I then decided to cancel)?

I don't think any of us can accurately predict what will happen in September. Currently flights cancelled up until Sep 7 will get 9/22 travel funds. I'm guessing as we get closer to Sep 7 and see where things are at (still more than 3 months from now) SW will give us clearer information.

Same here waiting for my banner to reappear. Disneyworld opening on the 11th is forcing me to change my flights.

Just for reassurance - if I book flights with current travel funds and decide to cancel they will go back to the 9/22 expy date as long as I cancel before September 7th??? I feel like I've answered this for others but when it's time for me to book I get nervous!!!

ETA - I will have 2 sets of flights in similar time frames so maybe thats why I'm concerned - I will only keep one trip and will cancel before 9/7/20

I’m going to be cancelling our flights for August soon. I just want to make sure I have this correct. My husband, myself, and sons are all booked on the same itinerary. When I plan on using these travel funds (hopefully next summer 🤞🏻), will
I have to book us all separately since the travel
funds are tied to each name? Also, we booked EBCI. Is that money lost or is there a way to redeem it?

Hello - hoping you can clarify for me.
I booked my August 10th flight to MCO on February 1st.
I booked my August 20th return flight to BUF on March 12th.
We are cancelling our trip (we are Canadians and not sure what crossing the border/returning will look like, so decided to cancel).
Can you tell me, do I qualify to get all my funds back to use for next August 2021? (August works best for our family). And do we also get EBCI refunded?
TIA L-)

I’m going to be cancelling our flights for August soon. I just want to make sure I have this correct. My husband, myself, and sons are all booked on the same itinerary. When I plan on using these travel funds (hopefully next summer 🤞🏻), will
I have to book us all separately since the travel
funds are tied to each name? Also, we booked EBCI. Is that money lost or is there a way to redeem it?

As things are now, you will not have to book individually. Southwest is allowing you to use up to 2 travel funds for each person on the reservation. Obviously, the names on the travel funds need to match the names on the reservations. I made a couple of reservations last week for DW and I using travel funds. I used 2 TFs for each of us (4 total) on each reservation. Not a problem.

EBCI is a different matter. Since you are canceling the reservation, not SW, you will forfeit the money spent on EBCI. The non-refundable policy on EBCI has been clear and unwavering since EBCI was introduced.

That said, back in April when SW was reducing flights and canceling reservations, they were refunding EBCI. But I don't believe they are doing that any longer. As with anything, you can always ask; but don't expect a favorable answer.

Steve

We are cancelling our trip (we are Canadians and not sure what crossing the border/returning will look like, so decided to cancel).
Can you tell me, do I qualify to get all my funds back to use for next August 2021? (August works best for our family). And do we also get EBCI refunded?
TIA L-)

If you cancel the flights prior to September 7, 2020, the travel funds will have an expiration date of 9/7/22. (It won't happen immediately, but will change by the next day)

Since you are canceling the trip, not SW, you will lose the EBCI. You can always ask, but I wouldn't expect them to refund it.

Steve

TIA L-)
There are fairly recent reports that Southwest will issue LUV vouchers for EBCI on cancelled bookings. I think you have to nicely place the request. Unlike travel funds, the vouchers can be used by anyone, not just by the person named on the reservation.

Southwest drink coupons have been extended. Per Southwest:

“Due to the temporary suspension of our inflight beverage service, any drink coupons set to expire throughout 2020 will now be accepted through December 31, 2020. Please keep your original coupon(s) to redeem onboard once inflight beverage service resumes. Cheers!”

Southwest drink coupons have been extended. Per Southwest:

“Due to the temporary suspension of our inflight beverage service, any drink coupons set to expire throughout 2020 will now be accepted through December 31, 2020. Please keep your original coupon(s) to redeem onboard once inflight beverage service resumes. Cheers!”
:worship:Man...why not through December 2021?:flower:

My red banner reappeared today, if you can wait for it to come back around, do so. Love Southwest.

My red banner reappeared today, if you can wait for it to come back around, do so. Love Southwest.
Man, I love Southwest too. The couple of times I flew to Orlando this year I had to take Frontier because from Denver it's ridiculously expensive no matter who you fly, but this whole Coronavirus multiple cancelling experience has made me go back home to my fav and I don't think I'll ever budge again. We had Frontier booked for our original vacation and luckily they changed our flight time enough to give us a full refund and switch over to Southwest. Changing has been a dream since the switch. :teeth:

Having to call Southwest this morning, calling about tickets I bought in November for May flights. I used travel credits for my flight but not my husbands. In March with free dinning change dates to September. I changed flight to Orlando on web site but they would not let me change flight coming home on web site. So I called, person said because of using credit I lost my options on both flights ended up calling another number because husbands I paid with no travel funds. Over an hour later was able to change flights with no addition cost coming home.

Called back Saturday to see what my options are if I need to change September representative said I was not confirmed for my flight down. It was being held for us but not confirmed. She said since my flight was bought with travel funds I would have to call. This is so frustrating. I never got any emails about a flight being held and when I go to my account on SW it does not say anything either.

I saved ALL my emails and printed everything out, I don’t care about the travel fund credits it was about $125.00 but I do care about what I paid for my husbands and my ticket in November. I do have an email that says travel funds used were being extended.

Praying for some pixie dust!

Yesterday I was looking at options for our trip and was given the ability to change my flights within 30 days at no charge. Today when I went to make the change I'm no longer given that option and need to pay the difference in fare. Does anyone know why that option could have disappeared?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter