Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Hello to all,
I have a questions about prices .
This is our first time going to the world for Christmas , we will get there either on the 21st or 22nd and returning on the 29th.
We will have a 1.5 y/o , so initially we were going to take the 6am flight from Dallas on the 21st, but then I was thinking that it was going to be brutal for the child and the parents to flight at that time, so we are considering instead ,to take the Sat night flight and just go to sleep when we get there almost at midnight , and be rested for Sunday. My question is is you guys think that the prices may decrease in the future for the time of the year.
thank you in advance

Question:

Is there anyone who has purchased flights in the last week or two? If so, are you being given the red banner option to change your flights at no additional cost?

Hello to all,
I have a questions about prices .
This is our first time going to the world for Christmas , we will get there either on the 21st or 22nd and returning on the 29th.
We will have a 1.5 y/o , so initially we were going to take the 6am flight from Dallas on the 21st, but then I was thinking that it was going to be brutal for the child and the parents to flight at that time, so we are considering instead ,to take the Sat night flight and just go to sleep when we get there almost at midnight , and be rested for Sunday. My question is is you guys think that the prices may decrease in the future for the time of the year.
thank you in advance
They could but nobody really knows. Flight prices are ever changing and it really is a best guess in my opinion.

One thing to check is availability for the extra night wherever you are staying. I tried to find 1 night at Pop in mid-September 4 months before our trip and the resort was completely full. I'm having to change resorts the final night of our trip (not a problem to us) but just something else to consider. Often it's not easy to just 'add an additional night', especially during busier times of the year.

I did! After I booked, I saw that alert and panicked. When I called SW they said we were fine, that banner is there for all flights up to a date in September . If anything it works in your favor if you need to change or find a cheaper flight and then change as all flights will show the option

Question:

Is there anyone who has purchased flights in the last week or two? If so, are you being given the red banner option to change your flights at no additional cost?

Yes I have a flight leaving 8/28-9/3 and I am thinking of changing to an earlier flight...why are the doing this?????

Yes I have a flight leaving 8/28-9/3 and I am thinking of changing to an earlier flight...why are the doing this?????
The Boeing MAX planes in SW’s fleet are still grounded, so they’ve had to shuffle their schedule. They’re offering the option to switch as both a good will gesture and perhaps to help balance demand.

Question:

Not in the last week or two, but I purchased a flight that I have in September that's going from Las Vegas to Reno and we had that red banner pop up. I checked the flights and they were both available to purchase and neither was on a Max plane so no idea what it's all about. I have a flight in October that's going from Las Vegas to San Diego and that flight does not have a red banner.

Not in the last week or two, but I purchased a flight that I have in September that's going from Las Vegas to Reno and we had that red banner pop up. I checked the flights and they were both available to purchase and neither was on a Max plane so no idea what it's all about. I have a flight in October that's going from Las Vegas to San Diego and that flight does not have a red banner.
Thanks! I had September flights that were not on Max 8’s but the banner was there so took advantage of changing to a later flight at no cost when normally it would have cost almost $200. Thankful not to have to get up early before we leave!

Is there something up with Southwest's mobile app? I know I had it on my phone in the past, and I'm sure removed it during an app purge since last year. I went to Google Play to try and download it again, and the only app showing up for Southwest Airlines is SWALife Mobile...which seems to be for Southwest employees and of no use to customers.

Plenty of other airline apps showing up, and I got MCO's app and Flight Tracker, but I liked having Southwest's app too for communication about possible delays and Early Bird Check-in. I think they send out emails as well, so it's not a huge issue, just curious.

Is there something up with Southwest's mobile app? I know I had it on my phone in the past, and I'm sure removed it during an app purge since last year. I went to Google Play to try and download it again, and the only app showing up for Southwest Airlines is SWALife Mobile...which seems to be for Southwest employees and of no use to customers.

Plenty of other airline apps showing up, and I got MCO's app and Flight Tracker, but I liked having Southwest's app too for communication about possible delays and Early Bird Check-in. I think they send out emails as well, so it's not a huge issue, just curious.
I just looked. My app is functioning and when I go to the App Store I can see the Southwest Airlines app.

I just looked. My app is functioning and when I go to the App Store I can see the Southwest Airlines app.
Well dang! I'll keep poking around to see what's up. My phone is a little older, but that shouldn't keep the app from showing up in the store. Weird.

Thanks!

ETA: Oops! My phone no longer supports the app. No worries, I can use the mobile site.

Last edited:
SW sent their Birthday Sale email. For us, no savings but someone else may benefit.

Same here, I just checked again and the one flight I have booked (MCO to MDW) is now up fifty bucks from opening day. Haven't booked our flights down yet (flying into RSW), but those haven't moved. Still around $182.

The ability to re-book online ended June 18th at 11:59.

My parents' flight was changed with the most recent reschedule; it went from 1 plane transfer to 3 plane transfers, which at any age can be a challenge, but definitely not something I would recommend. Fortunately, their schedule permitted them to take a later flight with just one stop/plane change. However, they had to call yesterday as the ability to re-book online ended the night before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!