Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I HATE to fly, but usually try to make it into a road trip, but my DH has more limited vacation time so flying saves us a couple of days. I've been on four round trips in the past year or so and all but one were sold out. The non sold out one had a whole 7 seats open. Granted I fly out of Midway/Chicago, and into Orlando, Tampa or Ontario, CA. We always get the EBCI and even when we've been the last couple in the A group we've gotten seats together. This includes when we flew home from Burbank, CA and the gate agent took it upon herself to stop boarding after A1-A15 and let the families all board in the middle of the group. Basically made our A position into a B as there were a ton of families and we still got seats together.

We would be flying out of MIdway too! Normally we fly out of O'hare, so it's all going to be new to me if we fly Southwest.

So I think I messed up... When I booked our flights I booked them as a RT. Now I'd like to move our departure date back one day. Am I going to have to rebook the whole thing??

So I think I messed up... When I booked our flights I booked them as a RT. Now I'd like to move our departure date back one day. Am I going to have to rebook the whole thing??

Not at all. When you sign in, open your account. There is a button to change flight. Then you pick whichever flight you want to change. You don’t have to change both legs, just whichever one you want.

Quick question: On our recent flight home from MCO we had some flight issues that I thought at the time were pretty minor. Anyway, for the inconvenience of that flight, SW gave each of us (4 travelers) vouchers for use on a future flight. I'm wondering if these vouchers can all be combined into one future flight, and if they're name specific (like if it would only apply to the original ticket holder). This was our first trip on SW so I'm not sure the protocol for these things!

Quick question: On our recent flight home from MCO we had some flight issues that I thought at the time were pretty minor. Anyway, for the inconvenience of that flight, SW gave each of us (4 travelers) vouchers for use on a future flight. I'm wondering if these vouchers can all be combined into one future flight, and if they're name specific (like if it would only apply to the original ticket holder). This was our first trip on SW so I'm not sure the protocol for these things!

You probably received LUV vouchers. Unlike credits you may receive for flight booking due to price decreases, LUV vouchers are transferable and not tied to a certain passenger. However, keep in mind I think you are still restricted to the number of payment methods you can use on one itinerary. For example if you received four $100 LUV vouchers, you could use two of them plus $200 of your own for a $400 flight (I think the number of payment methods per itinerary is 3 these days(?)). If there's more than one of you flying somewhere, you might need to break up into a couple separate itineraries in order to use them all.... But, yes, they're transferable.

However, keep in mind I think you are still restricted to the number of payment methods you can use on one itinerary.
I didn't realize this. Shoot, I have 4 of those LUV vouchers and was hoping to put them all together since we're likely not flying SW in the near future (and only needing one ticket).

If you are booking 1 round trip ticket, then just book 2 one way trips for each portion of your trip and use 2 vouchers for each way.
Clever! This idea had never crossed my mind!
When does Southwest usually post their sales? I've been checking daily and our flights have only gone up in price.
They had a sale on from Tues - Thurs of this week as I received daily emails. Do you get their emails? It's a great way to find out about their sales and discounts.

I'll try to make a long story short. Called SW to book a flight for my daughter and me. She's in the process of getting her name changed to her married name on her account so it's a mess and we couldn't use her points. The rep I talked to said we could book with my points and once her name is straightened out, we can transfer points from her to me. Didn't end up booking during that call, but then I called back a few days later and that person said there's no such thing as one person transferring points to another. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I'll try to make a long story short. Called SW to book a flight for my daughter and me. She's in the process of getting her name changed to her married name on her account so it's a mess and we couldn't use her points. The rep I talked to said we could book with my points and once her name is straightened out, we can transfer points from her to me. Didn't end up booking during that call, but then I called back a few days later and that person said there's no such thing as one person transferring points to another. Does anyone have any experience with this?
You can transfer points between people but there is a fee of $5 for 500 points with a minimum of 2000 pts.

You can book her trip with your points

You can transfer points but it will be expensive.
Mid what @barb969 said is possible (I don’t know) Can you purchase a flight for her now and she can book a flight for you later?

Wait a minute, LUV vouchers are transferrable???!!! Holy cow! That's a game changer! We each got a $50 LUV voucher due to some baggage issues we experienced with our flight home that turned into a drive home when we missed our connection in St Louis. Anyway, out of the 7 of us, dh and I are the only ones who really anticipate travelling again in the coming year. If we were able to make use of more than 2 of those vouchers, that would be amazing!

Wait a minute, LUV vouchers are transferrable???!!! Holy cow! That's a game changer! We each got a $50 LUV voucher due to some baggage issues we experienced with our flight home that turned into a drive home when we missed our connection in St Louis. Anyway, out of the 7 of us, dh and I are the only ones who really anticipate travelling again in the coming year. If we were able to make use of more than 2 of those vouchers, that would be amazing!
Yep 100% transferable.

Yeah - you can even sell them if you can’t use them on certain sites. LUV vouchers are much more flexible than travel credits :)

I know this is a subject that has been discussed over and over, but I'm debating whether to purchase EBCI. I wasn't going to, and now we're a month out from our trip and I'm second guessing myself. It has gotten so expensive & it kills me to spend that much for it. Plus I wonder how much good it will do us to book it so close to our flights. I'm traveling with my two teen daughters, so it's not the end of the world if we get separated, but I know they would greatly prefer to at least sit together, even if I can't get a seat with them. I am contemplating just buying EBCI for them, and having them look for an empty row & take the window and aisle, and hopefully no one will take that middle seat before I board. But since we're only a month from our flight, are we likely to get high B even with ECBI at this point? Flying Hartford to MCO and back, both times on a Thursday, mid-day departure out of Hartford, late afternoon departure from MCO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!