Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

It's all about how the airlines do flights.

For instance on Sunday October 6th the connections are BWI before you can go to RDU. If you put in BWI instead of RDU all your Saturdays become available. If you selected Friday October 4th the connection is FLL. If you input FLL your Saturdays also open up. SWA has determined that for different parts of the year to position their flight times to where they don't work to get home to your airport (RDU).

To give another airline example if right now I wanted to go to St. Lucia (where I honeymooned at) with Delta I cannot fly back home Tuesdays or Wednesdays in September, for October I cannot fly back home on Tuesdays.

Even with flights that don't require stops (meaning they are non-stop flights) it's common for airlines to do seasonal routes for some of their destinations.

I know it's frustrating though. It's happened to me before.
oh, and here is something weird - I can actually piece meal together a flight home!! I can fly out on that Saturday from Nassau to FLL, and then from FLL to RDU....as 2 separate flights..

strange, but at least I know I can make it work!

Thanks!

oh, and here is something weird - I can actually piece meal together a flight home!! I can fly out on that Saturday from Nassau to FLL, and then from FLL to RDU....as 2 separate flights..

strange, but at least I know I can make it work!

Thanks!
Yes that can happen too. We looked at doing that for a different destination before settling on Jamaica for our trip last year. If it's still like that next year you may be able to call and see if you can connect the reservations together or if they are able to book it for you and do one reservation rather than two separate ones. While I've seen flights work out in timing to book separately to get home I've not done it myself personally so I don't know how it would work on calling them just offering up that as a suggestion.

Companion Pass question: While we are waiting to spend the dollar amount needed to get the pass- Can we book our summer flights now, and then cancel mine and add it as a companion to my husband's already booked flight once we get the pass? The reason I want to do this is so that we can be sure and get the only direct flight that is offered on our travel days. Thanks!

Companion Pass question: While we are waiting to spend the dollar amount needed to get the pass- Can we book our summer flights now, and then cancel mine and add it as a companion to my husband's already booked flight once we get the pass? The reason I want to do this is so that we can be sure and get the only direct flight that is offered on our travel days. Thanks!

Sure you can, but unless you book yours with points you will have a travel credit from the cancellation. (Or I guess you could book the higher priced fully refundable fare for you.) You should definitely book his, you would be able to add a companion seat on the plane as long as any seat is available, even if the wanna get away fares are sold out, there just has to be an open seat. Are you concerned that the flight will totally sell out?

fyi i noticed for my airport prices dropped for oct and nov early this morning. i booked 3 reservations. i watched the prices (and points) change 3 times in one hour. i have a question. when i see my flight go lower in price/points, and i go to 'change' it so i can get some points back, is there a risk of while changing, the flight becoming sold out? good luck to all and hope you see this in your area

Sure you can, but unless you book yours with points you will have a travel credit from the cancellation. (Or I guess you could book the higher priced fully refundable fare for you.) You should definitely book his, you would be able to add a companion seat on the plane as long as any seat is available, even if the wanna get away fares are sold out, there just has to be an open seat. Are you concerned that the flight will totally sell out?

Yes, I was a little bit concerned about that since there are only one, non-stop flights each way of our travel dates. Thanks for your reply, I wasn't sure if I could add the companion flight at a later date than when the main flyer's flight is booked.

fyi i noticed for my airport prices dropped for oct and nov early this morning. i booked 3 reservations. i watched the prices (and points) change 3 times in one hour. i have a question. when i see my flight go lower in price/points, and i go to 'change' it so i can get some points back, is there a risk of while changing, the flight becoming sold out? good luck to all and hope you see this in your area

Thank you for posting this. It prompted me to look. For our trip in September, there was one flight (and a reasonable one too) going down that was $89. We're talking Portland, OR to Orlando on a Saturday. Booked it!

Steve

Yay! My late October flight dropped $20 per person so I “changed” my flight and rebooked the same flight for cheaper and now have $40 credit for my one way flight back.

Our would be flight dropped $60 which is awesome but the rest of my family doesn't want to book until we see the return flights (we're coming home on Nov 3). UGH

Our would be flight dropped $60 which is awesome but the rest of my family doesn't want to book until we see the return flights (we're coming home on Nov 3). UGH
yes we leave for vacation on nov 2 and coming back a week later. my parents didn't want to book one way, i said, 'suit yourself, but we're booking' it took us convincing them that there will be flights when we are ready to return. lol got them booked

yes we leave for vacation on nov 2 and coming back a week later. my parents didn't want to book one way, i said, 'suit yourself, but we're booking' it took us convincing them that there will be flights when we are ready to return. lol got them booked
I wish we could do that but we all either fly together or drive together. So us booking won't do any good if my parents decide the return flight is too high. We'd end up having to cancel. We're seeing them tomorrow do maybe I can convince them.

Thank you for posting this! I was checking but started to slack off on it after awhile. I checked this morning after reading your post and found our prices dropped as well! I saved over 9,000 points today! :worship:

Last edited:
Yeah, our return date is November 3rd as well. We are going to book that one way flight back when SW releases the next batch of flights. I'm hoping the prices will be affordable but at least we'll have the $40 credit from our flight to MCO.

Question: Is there a way to apply 3 travel funds to a reservation? I am getting an error when I add the 3rd travel fund. It is actually 2 confirmation numbers but one of the confirmations I have rebooked twice and it shows up as two separate travel funds.

Question: Is there a way to apply 3 travel funds to a reservation? I am getting an error when I add the 3rd travel fund. It is actually 2 confirmation numbers but one of the confirmations I have rebooked twice and it shows up as two separate travel funds.
I believe you can do up to 4 (at least I thought you could).

Are all the travel funds still good? meaning they haven't expired yet

You can use up to 3 total forms of payment. If your 3 credits don’t completely cover the cost then you can’t use them all. A way around this would be to find an inexpensive flight to combine credits. Then cancel and book the flight you want with then1 (or 2) remaining credit(s) and a credit card. It can become a fairly complex process but if you’re creative and detailed enough you can achieve anything haha.

You can use up to 3 total forms of payment. If your 3 credits don’t completely cover the cost then you can’t use them all. A way around this would be to find an inexpensive flight to combine credits. Then cancel and book the flight you want with then1 (or 2) remaining credit(s) and a credit card. It can become a fairly complex process but if you’re creative and detailed enough you can achieve anything haha.
I'm thinking they adjusted how many methods of payment you could use when they did that big software system update back in 2017.

It is not allowing me to add 3. I can only add 2. And yes, they are all good. Not expired.
I think the PP is right it's now only 3 methods of payment so if your travel funds don't cover the cost of your flight and you're making up the difference with a different method of payment that's likely why the system isn't allowing you to add that 3rd one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!