Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

It depends; if you cancel out your original reservation, that seat (fare bucket) may go back into open inventory for another customer to purchase, if general fares did not change. Otherwise, you pay the fare at time of purchase, in real time - you can't convert from a previous points purchase to a cash purchase. It's a completely new transaction.
Thanks! That's what I was guessing but figured it was worth asking. SW flights come out earlier than flight prices drop so it's always a guess as to which to purchase. Love SW, just wish our closest airport wasn't 2 1/2 hours from home.

I'm sure the answer is going to be but figure it's worth asking.

Situation: Opening day I 'purchase' a flight using points. At a later date I want to change the flight to purchasing it using $$.

Will I pay the opening day price that the flight was offered at and the day I secured the flight using points or, would I need to pay the going rate in $$ on the day I change it to paying cash?

I'm guessing it's the latter but want to check.

I'm keeping an eye out for mid-September flights that won't be out until sometime after Feb 7th. At the same time I'm looking for prices for flights at our local airport that is 90 mins closer than the airport I need to fly out of if I fly with SW.

The delayed offering of September flights will work in my favour as it will give me extra time to watch for price drops.

it will be the going rate that day if you cancel and rebook or even if you change the flight in any way. Could be more, could be less.

Anyone know where on SW's website if there's a page to see how much you paid for your upcoming flights? I know I can go to "My Trips" to see the flight information, but I wanted to see exactly what we paid (for insurance purposes).

Anyone know where on SW's website if there's a page to see how much you paid for your upcoming flights? I know I can go to "My Trips" to see the flight information, but I wanted to see exactly what we paid (for insurance purposes).
I'm trying to remember here but maybe check your e-mail confirmation assuming you had one sent to your e-mail. Maybe that would have it on there.

Im sure it will be obvious by my question that we dont fly often but trying to prepare for our weekend flight.
We are flying southwest and plan on only having carry on bags, do we have to go to the main counter to check in or can we skip it and go straight thru security to our gate?
Thanks

I'm trying to remember here but maybe check your e-mail confirmation assuming you had one sent to your e-mail. Maybe that would have it on there.

Doesn't seem like there is a spot on the website to see it. However, if you can't find your original email receipt/confirmation (turns out my wife did the booking this time - but she could't find the email), you can have it re-sent from the "Manage Reservations" page.

Doesn't seem like there is a spot on the website to see it. However, if you can't find your original email receipt/confirmation (turns out my wife did the booking this time - but she could't find the email), you can have it re-sent from the "Manage Reservations" page.
Good to know.

I don’t believe this is available and even on the initial receipt. The receipt only includes a combined price.

If I really want to know what I paid each direction I’ve carefully tried to ‘change’ each leg of the trip. As you step through the process (being very careful to not accept the change) you will be able to determine your original price by seeing what the additional cost/credit would be compared to the current pricing.

I don’t believe this is available and even on the initial receipt. The receipt only includes a combined price.

If I really want to know what I paid each direction I’ve carefully tried to ‘change’ each leg of the trip. As you step through the process (being very careful to not accept the change) you will be able to determine your original price by seeing what the additional cost/credit would be compared to the current pricing.
Or you can take the total paid divided by the number of tickets.

Im sure it will be obvious by my question that we dont fly often but trying to prepare for our weekend flight.
We are flying southwest and plan on only having carry on bags, do we have to go to the main counter to check in or can we skip it and go straight thru security to our gate?
Thanks
If you have your boarding passes preprinted or on your phone, you can go right through to security. Have a great trip!

*** FYI Everyone ***

SW amended the next fare release. It was opening up Feb 7 for flights through Sep 2.

They moved it up a week. Now, it is Jan 31 (this Thursday) and for fares through October 1.
Thanks so much for letting us know!!! I checked last week about the next release, and figured we were in the clear for September trips for at least a few weeks. Now I'll know to check Thursday. Thanks soooo much!!

*** FYI Everyone ***

SW amended the next fare release. It was opening up Feb 7 for flights through Sep 2.

They moved it up a week. Now, it is Jan 31 (this Thursday) and for fares through October 1.
Thanks so much for posting this!! As of Friday it was still Sep 2nd flights on Feb 7th. Appreciate you sharing this updated information.

Woot woot....time to buy flights Thursday!! :D

Hi all! Does anyone know what time the flight schedules are generally released in the morning? I think I read that it tends to vary. What's the earliest time we should start checking??

Hi all! Does anyone know what time the flight schedules are generally released in the morning? I think I read that it tends to vary. What's the earliest time we should start checking??
It has been as early as 6:00 AM, EST, and sometimes as late as 7:30 or 8:30 AM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts