Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Did you call to verify? I'm having the same paranoia. I've changed our flights about a million times and it's usually at 1 am when I'm up with insomnia and stumble upon better prices. I wish you could see the info you you've submitted. I also know sometimes I booked with middle names/initials and sometimes I just left them off. Ugh.
Names can be a problem.

Birthdays are not a problem. It won't appear on your boarding pass and they will not check it in any way shape or form. The only reason you'd need to make sure it was right is if you were on some age-restricted fare (i.e. child fare, senior fare, etc.) most of which make no sense on SW as they are more expensive than WGA.

Names can be a problem.

Birthdays are not a problem. It won't appear on your boarding pass and they will not check it in any way shape or form. The only reason you'd need to make sure it was right is if you were on some age-restricted fare (i.e. child fare, senior fare, etc.) most of which make no sense on SW as they are more expensive than WGA.

So, I ended up calling and all the b-days were correct.

My biggest concern was my DH is a "Jr" and it wasn't showing up. The phone agent said that the "Jr" was on there and that that IS a big deal. But the middle initials or middle names that are on our licenses but were not on our flight reservation were not necessary at all she said. She said it's better to leave them off than to input them wrong but they don't print on the boarding pass and basically they don't matter. So, I read them to her, but I really don't know if she added them or not.

Non-stop flights between RDU and MCO for that first week in June sure are cheap. I hope the trend continues throughout the month, but I have a feeling that's wishful thinking. I should have somewhere around 58-59k points. That would get the three of us there and back with plenty of points to spare at the early June rates. I'm just praying for less than 10k points each way per person (though having about 20k points left over would solidify my top secret plan to go on a solo trip next year...hee hee!)

Trying to decide if I need to take November 15th off from work. My doctor wants me to get some blood work done. I think that might take the entire day (after I book my flights) :)

I apologize if this has been asked but I can't get through all 190 pages to find my answer :-) If i book a flight for all 4 of my family members (wanna get away) from my own RR points account and the cost of the flight goes down (points wise) can i get a refund on the points? And is there a restriction on those points (must be used within a year, or by the person who the ticket is for)? I know if you are paying with $ that you can modify your flight and get a refund in the form of a credit for the difference in cost but that refund has to be used by the person who the ticket was purchased for and must be used 1 yr from the date of purchase. I just don't know how it works for points. thanks :-)

I apologize if this has been asked but I can't get through all 190 pages to find my answer :-) If i book a flight for all 4 of my family members (wanna get away) from my own RR points account and the cost of the flight goes down (points wise) can i get a refund on the points? And is there a restriction on those points (must be used within a year, or by the person who the ticket is for)? I know if you are paying with $ that you can modify your flight and get a refund in the form of a credit for the difference in cost but that refund has to be used by the person who the ticket was purchased for and must be used 1 yr from the date of purchase. I just don't know how it works for points. thanks :-)

The points will be credited to your account with NO restrictions.

I just want to mention on this thread that it seems to me that modifying your flight if you have EarlyBird DOES affect your position. I always read/thought/assumed it didn't, but my experience suggests otherwise.

My reasoning below, hoping it saves someone some questions in the future:

1. I bought my original flight for 10/22/18 on May 8, 2018. I paid for EarlyBird at that time.
2. On May 16, 2018, I modified my flight as I found a slightly cheaper fare.
3. On June 7, 2018, I added a day to my flight to make my departure date 10/21/18
4. On June 8, 2018, I modified my flight AGAIN as I found a slightly cheaper fare.
5. On August 10, 2018, I modified my flight for the last time as I found a slightly cheaper fare.
6. When I checked in for my flight, I received a B-19 position

While this was happening for me, my Mom decided to join me.

1. On July 3, 2018, she purchased the same flight as me + Early Bird. She did not modify this at all.
2. When she checked in for her flight, she had an A-36 position

To me, this illustrates that I was indeed bumped down in the EarlyBird queue every time I modified. Because, if I wasn't, there's no way she should have had an A position while I had a B position.

On the flight back she had A-29 and I had A-31. So, not as much of a difference on our 'going there' flight.

Anyway, this is just my experience, and I don't know if it holds water for everyone, but I definitely won't be modifying my flight near as much and ONLY if I see a significant savings.

I just want to mention on this thread that it seems to me that modifying your flight if you have EarlyBird DOES affect your position. I always read/thought/assumed it didn't, but my experience suggests otherwise.

1. I bought my original flight for 10/22/18 on May 8, 2018. I paid for EarlyBird at that time.
3. On June 7, 2018, I added a day to my flight to make my departure date 10/21/18
4. On June 8, 2018, I modified my flight AGAIN as I found a slightly cheaper fare.
5. On August 10, 2018, I modified my flight for the last time as I found a slightly cheaper fare.

1. On July 3, 2018, she purchased the same flight as me + Early Bird. She did not modify this at all.

To me, this illustrates that I was indeed bumped down in the EarlyBird queue every time I modified. Because, if I wasn't, there's no way she should have had an A position while I had a B position.

On the flight back she had A-29 and I had A-31. So, not as much of a difference on our 'going there' flight.

Anyway, this is just my experience, and I don't know if it holds water for everyone, but I definitely won't be modifying my flight near as much and ONLY if I see a significant savings.

If you think about it, it makes sense because when you buy early bird you are buying it for a specific flight, not a changing reservation. Every time you modify, you go to the back of the line of people who booked your new flight the first time, and paid for early bird on that flight.

If you think about it, it makes sense because when you buy early bird you are buying it for a specific flight, not a changing reservation. Every time you modify, you go to the back of the line of people who booked your new flight the first time, and paid for early bird on that flight.
It makes sense, but doesn't make me happy. Oh well, it's good to know for the future.

I could be wrong but I think they only changed flights once and the rest of the time just modified the same flight they were already booked on.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I've always anticipated that when I've booked EBCI and change flights that I move to the back of their EBCI line. If I modify the price on a flight (not changing the flight, just the price) I didn't realize it affected my place in the EBCI line.

I could be wrong but I think they only changed flights once and the rest of the time just modified the same flight they were already booked on.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I've always anticipated that when I've booked EBCI and change flights that I move to the back of their EBCI line. If I modify the price on a flight (not changing the flight, just the price) I didn't realize it affected my place in the EBCI line.

Nope you're right, and it's probably the one flight change that bumped him to the end of the EB line.

Nope you're right, and it's probably the one flight change that bumped him to the end of the EB line.

Maybe, except: my one flight change (where I added the day) was still a whole month before my mom bought her ticket. If that was the only thing messing with my EB position, I should still have had an earlier position than her. Instead, I really do think it was that final 'modify price' in August that did me in. Which obviously goes against everything we/I've held true about EB and modifying to get a cheaper price.

PS, I'm a 'her' :-)

Last edited:
Maybe, except: my one flight change (where I added the day) was still a whole month before my mom bought her ticket. If that was the only thing messing with my EB position, I should still have had an earlier position than her. Instead, I really do think it was that final 'modify price' in August that did me in. Which obviously goes against everything we/I've held true about EB and modifying to get a cheaper price.

PS, I'm a 'her' :-)
Wonder if the software and policy updates in May of last year adjusted things?

Did both of you have WGA fares?

Thanks for the data points. Very helpful!

If anyone is flying before the end of the year I have 2 drink coupons that expire at the end of the year. The first one to give me their address can have them. We flew home last night and because it was a holiday we had our cocktails for free so I have two coupons left.

If anyone is flying before the end of the year I have 2 drink coupons that expire at the end of the year. The first one to give me their address can have them. We flew home last night and because it was a holiday we had our cocktails for free so I have two coupons left.

Very kind of you! Hope someone going somewhere fun grabs them.

A friend texted me while in flight in August. To say I was shocked is an understatement!

How were they able to text unless they paid for WiFi? Southwest does offer free messaging using the iMessage or WhatsApp but both them and yourself must be using the same app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter