Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I know the wild trek at ak was a lot of fun. I went horse back riding at Fort Wilderness which was my 1st time ever and really loved it. I would also recommend keys to the kingdom at Magic Kingdom but I don't know if there's a certain age bracket for kids and maybe sometimes with some of the stuff to show you might ruin the magic for a youngsters. I hope that helps a little.
Thanks! I will consider the first 2 for some trip. At some point we will do KttK tour but I believe 16 in the minimum age. I would not do it now even if she was old enough as she is still completely in awe of all the Disney Magic!! :D

Just a give everyone an update but the day I wanted to leave in April now has been sold out. The flight status is that I wanted that were non-stop all them are sold out except for the 6:30 a.m. which I have no desire to take. Completely frustrated not sure I want to add an extra day. Hopefully something will turn up in these next few months but this is a little bit ridiculous.

Just a give everyone an update but the day I wanted to leave in April now has been sold out. The flight status is that I wanted that were non-stop all them are sold out except for the 6:30 a.m. which I have no desire to take. Completely frustrated not sure I want to add an extra day. Hopefully something will turn up in these next few months but this is a little bit ridiculous.
If you are talking about Spring Break, flights sell out very quickly to/from Orlando. People stalk the Southwest booking sites on the date/time the schedule is extended to book those flights. There are only so many seats per plane and so many planes available. The airline business is very good, these days, with most flights going out full.

There is always the possibility that someone may cancel or change their plans, so it's certainly worth checking every day.

Help, I need to know a.s.a.p. - my return flight just went down significantly. I booked with points. If I modify the flight to the new point/price, will my Early Bird transfer to the new flight (though it's the same flight, different price)? Or do I lose the Early Bird fee I paid and have to repurchase? Thanks!

If you are talking about Spring Break, flights sell out very quickly to/from Orlando. People stalk the Southwest booking sites on the date/time the schedule is extended to book those flights. There are only so many seats per plane and so many planes available. The airline business is very good, these days, with most flights going out full.

There is always the possibility that someone may cancel or change their plans, so it's certainly worth checking every day.
I have been looking day after day and nothing has changed as far as the prices and now I see sold out on the 5:30 and 8 p.m. .

Help, I need to know a.s.a.p. - my return flight just went down significantly. I booked with points. If I modify the flight to the new point/price, will my Early Bird transfer to the new flight (though it's the same flight, different price)? Or do I lose the Early Bird fee I paid and have to repurchase? Thanks!
In order to retain the EBCI, you must "CHANGE" your reservation. Do not cancel and rebook.

If you make a change to your original booking and keep the same confirmation number your EBCI will stay. If you cancel and re-book you will forfeit your EBCI and need to pay again.

If you make a change to your original booking and keep the same confirmation number your EBCI will stay. If you cancel and re-book you will forfeit your EBCI and need to pay again.
Thanks for your replies. I panicked when I saw how much the flight had dropped and didn't want to lose my Early Bird. I took a moment to find the info on the Southwest site. You were both correct: "It depends. EarlyBird Check-In is tied to the Customer’s reservation for which the EarlyBird Check-In purchase was made and will be transferred to the Customer’s new flight if he/she changes the flight at least 25 hours prior to the original flight’s scheduled departure time and so long as the change is to a flight that will depart in more than 25 hours. Since EarlyBird Check-In is associated with a reservation, any changes must be made within the same reservation record (same confirmation number) in which the Customer purchased EarlyBird Check-In." Thanks again!

Does anyone have any info or updates on Non-Stop flights from Newark to Orlando? I looked for June and there are no Non-Stop flights. I have called Southwest and they said they may or may not add Non-Stop flights.

I'm pretty disappointed too that SW has dropped direct flights from EWR to MCO - that was my "go to" route.

I'd suggest looking at other local airports for direct flights, if that's what's most important to you. On the FL end, expand your scope to include Tampa. On the northern end, there are a variety of airports to consider, depending on where you're located. There's Philadelphia, Albany, LaGuardia, Islip, and even Hartford. My best option for our April trip turned out to be Islip. I hate driving out to the Island, but it was significantly fewer points than any other airport around me and it's a direct flight into MCO too.

Well I originally didn't want to wait until Nov 15th to be able to book our June 23rd-30th flights, but with the way prices are going up, it turns out to be a good thing as my points hit on the 12th of the month. If I fall short, the plan will be to a reservation for each way,( PVD-MCO, MCO-PVD) book the most expensive with points and pay cash for the cheaper. And then just hope the one I booked with the points goes down. I wish Sunday-Sunday flights weren't my only option but it is what it is. I'll be up early that day and hopefully well get lucky.

I have been flying with SWA for years and have never had any problems....until today! I received a text message at 6:35 am this morning that my direct flight from BWI to MCO scheduled for 10:35 am "now departs at 1:45 pm. We're sorry for the delay."

Well I thought that's just crazy if I wanted to arrive at 4:15 in the afternoon I would have booked a later flight. So I immediately called and requested that I be re-booked for an earlier flight. The person I spoke with insisted I would have to pay $256 to change my flight which was the cost of the flight. I told him first of all I had already paid for a flight which was no longer available through no fault of of mine but he insisted that I would have to pay. I hung up and called back and had a similar conversation with next person I spoke with only they were nicer but insisted that I would have to pay the $87 difference the flights. I refused and asked to speak to a supervisor this guy gave me another number to call. This third call got me to customer relations and the woman had me re-booked and checked in in 5 minutes. Of course I had paid for EB and ended up with a Boarding Pass with C59!!!

I have been flying with SWA for years and have never had any problems....until today! I received a text message at 6:35 am this morning that my direct flight from BWI to MCO scheduled for 10:35 am "now departs at 1:45 pm. We're sorry for the delay."

Well I thought that's just crazy if I wanted to arrive at 4:15 in the afternoon I would have booked a later flight. So I immediately called and requested that I be re-booked for an earlier flight. The person I spoke with insisted I would have to pay $256 to change my flight which was the cost of the flight. I told him first of all I had already paid for a flight which was no longer available through no fault of of mine but he insisted that I would have to pay. I hung up and called back and had a similar conversation with next person I spoke with only they were nicer but insisted that I would have to pay the $87 difference the flights. I refused and asked to speak to a supervisor this guy gave me another number to call. This third call got me to customer relations and the woman had me re-booked and checked in in 5 minutes. Of course I had paid for EB and ended up with a Boarding Pass with C59!!!
I think the service has been getting pretty crappy lately in my opinion every time it seems like I get a flight out of Orlando back to Philadelphia it still laid. Last trip I was delayed over 6 to 7 hours just to get a flight to Orlando. You don't really get a lot of answers but more excuses in my opinion. I love to fly them but this is getting a little ridiculous with everything.

Hey, I'll take it, SW points dropped yesterday for our December trip by a small amount...pays to check it...that's the 3rd point drop since booking it July 10th, not bad!:yay:

Happy for you that the 3rd Customer Relations Advisor rebooked you at no cost..over 3 hour difference in departure time, that's significant when planning a trip, if you wanted an afternoon flight, you would have chose it to begin with..pays to be persistent!:-):thumbsup2

Hey, I'll take it, SW points dropped yesterday for our December trip by a small amount...pays to check it...that's the 3rd point drop since booking it July 10th, not bad!:yay:
I'm just not getting that lucky, but we fly out on Christmas Eve. I wouldn't think that many people fly in Christmas Eve, but I guess they do.

Can I check anywhere to make sure I put the correct birthday for each passenger? I'm being paranoid that I messed something up.

Did you call to verify? I'm having the same paranoia. I've changed our flights about a million times and it's usually at 1 am when I'm up with insomnia and stumble upon better prices. I wish you could see the info you you've submitted. I also know sometimes I booked with middle names/initials and sometimes I just left them off. Ugh.

Did you call to verify? I'm having the same paranoia. I've changed our flights about a million times and it's usually at 1 am when I'm up with insomnia and stumble upon better prices. I wish you could see the info you you've submitted. I also know sometimes I booked with middle names/initials and sometimes I just left them off. Ugh.
No. I found other things to worry about instead. :rotfl2: We go on the 9th so we will see soon if it's an issue.

No. I found other things to worry about instead. :rotfl2: We go on the 9th so we will see soon if it's an issue.
I would recommend checking sooner than later. I have a friend who goes by her middle name. I put her given first name on the ticket. They almost would not let her fly as the names did not match. I found out at the airport that even her passport was in her middle name! Anyway, yours probably would not be as hard to prove (she didn't have any documentation with her showing both names) so it caused a great deal of stress and time at the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts