Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

We bought tickets when they were first released to land at our home airport around midnight. My husband just found out that he has an audit at work the following day starting at 6am so we are hoping to switch our flights to one that lands earlier. My question is this: Does SWA ever add flights to their posted days? Currently, there are either very early AM flights (which don't work as we are coming back from our Disney Cruise) or the midnight landing. I could book at a further away airport and drive home to save a couple hours but don't want to do that if there is hope that a mid-day flight might be added. TIA!

SW rarely, if ever, adds flights once their schedule has been published. The circumstances would have to be extraordinary for them to do that.

Steve

SW rarely, if ever, adds flights once their schedule has been published. The circumstances would have to be extraordinary for them to do that.

Steve
I actually just booked flights that were added to our dates the week before Christmas. I'd been stalking the Southwest site, hoping the flights would go down, and there were flights that weren't there the day before and at the lower prices I was hoping for. Now this is a one time experience for me, and we almost always fly Southwest, but it does happen.

I actually just booked flights that were added to our dates the week before Christmas. I'd been stalking the Southwest site, hoping the flights would go down, and there were flights that weren't there the day before and at the lower prices I was hoping for. Now this is a one time experience for me, and we almost always fly Southwest, but it does happen.

You're right, it does happen. I've seen it once before myself - also at Christmas. But it's very, very rare. Highly dependent on the market and timing.

Steve

On November 1, they will open through August 10, 2018.

The next release date can be found under Flight Schedules.

Steve

I have the patience of a 3 year old!! I thought my SWCC statement would post today and I'd get my 60k bonus miles so I can book my flight and NOTHING! :furious:

They'll probably post tomorrow but I want them now!!!

*Childish rant complete*

After years of checking my reservations for a fare reduction, I finally found one today. My late January outbound flight to MCO went down by $50. I rebooked and got a $50 travel credit. DTW-MCO, nonstop both ways, for about $228 all-inclusive, just about the best flight deal I've ever had. :yay:

Well my flight home is booked - Yay!! All it cost me was the 9/11 fees and the EBCI (I don't know where we'll be at the 24 hour mark and I'd rather be safe).
The bad news is that it cost ~45000 points due - Boo! But I won't complain since I have a NS AND it's late enough to give us PLENTY of park time on departure day.

I will try and stalk the prices to see if the points drop and rebook. Any recommendation on best days to check? Or is it just luck?

I will try and stalk the prices to see if the points drop and rebook. Any recommendation on best days to check? Or is it just luck?
I'd do a morning and an afternoon check everyday. There is truly no rhyme or reason to when those prices may drop (and I speak from experience of tracking hundreds of Southwest flights daily over the past decade).

We are going to Disney, May 29-June 5. I was able to book our flight down when the scheduled opened, but at that time it only opened through June 1. Now I looked and the schedule shows through June 5. So now I can book our return flight, however, I'm debating on whether to go ahead and book it or wait. Our flight went down $10 last night, not a lot, but I was excited since I check several times a day. So now I have a $10 credit for each of us I can use when I book our return flight. But I'm hoping it goes down more and then if it does, I'll have a bigger credit to put towards our flight home. I know I'll have until next August to use the credits, but I'm not sure if we'll be flying anywhere. I did not add EBC to our first flight, if I have a credit can it be applied toward adding it? Right now our flight into MCO is $123 and the flights I'm looking at to come home are $103. I'll add EBC to our flight home because I don't want to worry about checking in 24 hours before our flight while at Disney.

Should I book our return flight now, or wait?

We are going to Disney, May 29-June 5. I was able to book our flight down when the scheduled opened, but at that time it only opened through June 1. Now I looked and the schedule shows through June 5. So now I can book our return flight, however, I'm debating on whether to go ahead and book it or wait. Our flight went down $10 last night, not a lot, but I was excited since I check several times a day. So now I have a $10 credit for each of us I can use when I book our return flight. But I'm hoping it goes down more and then if it does, I'll have a bigger credit to put towards our flight home. I know I'll have until next August to use the credits, but I'm not sure if we'll be flying anywhere. I did not add EBC to our first flight, if I have a credit can it be applied toward adding it? Right now our flight into MCO is $123 and the flights I'm looking at to come home are $103. I'll add EBC to our flight home because I don't want to worry about checking in 24 hours before our flight while at Disney.

Should I book our return flight now, or wait?
I had credit from our cancelled vacation flights from Irma, but when we rebooked for October it wouldn't let me use the credit for the EBCI, just the flights part. So now I have some credit remaining that will probably go to waste and had to pay $60 for EBCI. Hope that helps.

I know I've read it, sorry I can't find it. With a party of 9 including one 4yo, will any of the party be allowed to board early? And, if we want everyone to be reasonably close, should I spring for EBCI for the entire party?

Last edited:
I know I've read it, sorry I can't find it. With a party of 9 including one 4yo, will any of the party be allowed to board early? And, if we want everyone to be reasonably close, should I spring for EBCI for the entire party?

1 person will be able to board with the 4 year old

I believe the child and immediate family can board together. I know both my daughter and son-in-law boarded with the baby.

It's technically only 1 adult as per their website. They may make exceptions for an additional adult, but the OP should not expect all 9 in the party to board with the one child

It's technically only 1 adult as per their website. They may make exceptions for an additional adult, but the OP should not expect all 9 in the party to board with the one child

Oh, definitely not all 9. I think by immediate family they mean the mom, dad and siblings...not grandparents, etc.

Oh, definitely not all 9. I think by immediate family they mean the mom, dad and siblings...not grandparents, etc.

I actually knew that, that's why I also asked if you felt it worthwhile to buy EBCI if we all wanted to be close.

Hi there... can anyone tell me what the best credit card promo for SW is? Either personal or business and any idea when it might be offered. thanks!

Hi there... can anyone tell me what the best credit card promo for SW is? Either personal or business and any idea when it might be offered. thanks!
Right now SW is offering a 60,000 point signup bonus with all three of their Visas: Personal Premier ($99 Annual Agee), Personal Plus ($69 AF), and Business Premier ($99 AF). Each card has a minimum spend of $2,000 to earn the sign-up bonus.

They have never offered a public bonus higher than this. Typically they are 50k. I would suggest you act now, as the 60k bonuses are rumored to be going away as soon as October 1st.

If you applied for 2 of the cards (e.g. Personal Premier and Plus), you would earn 120,000 points, which would mean you'd have $1600+ worth of points, and you'd automatically earn Companion Pass. If you play your cards right, you may potentially be able to earn CP for 2018 and 2019 by opening the two cards now - there are quite a few blog posts about this right now if you care to read more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter