Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Southwest just started a fare sale for October and the first few days of November. Our ticket went down about $13. Hoping it goes down further, every little bit helps.

Good luck to everyone booking tomorrow when the new calendar opens. :)

What is the best way to monitor the prices? Just booked my trip and I know Southwest will credit back to me if the prices go down.

What is the best way to monitor the prices? Just booked my trip and I know Southwest will credit back to me if the prices go down.

Just read this on an airline search site:

"Southwest prefers to distribute its prices through direct sales channels and rarely authorizes an outside entity to interface with its Web site for automated price checking. However, you can monitor their prices by visiting southwest.com. If the price drops below what you paid, you may be able to obtain a refund by calling Southwest customer service at 1-800-435-9792."

Just read this on an airline search site:

"Southwest prefers to distribute its prices through direct sales channels and rarely authorizes an outside entity to interface with its Web site for automated price checking. However, you can monitor their prices by visiting southwest.com. If the price drops below what you paid, you may be able to obtain a refund by calling Southwest customer service at 1-800-435-9792."

OK thanks. Looks like I'll be obsessively stalking their website for the next few months :flower1:

Do I need early check in to ensure seats together on flights to Orlando on SW? We are a family of 5, (Me, DH, DS8, DS6, DS6) and it seems like doing family boarding between the A & B groups would ensure we get 3 and 2 seats together but when flying to Orlando I assume most of the passengers are families. Can I be reasonably assured to get seats together with family boarding or do I need to pay the $15 early boarding?

Never flown SW and the flights that were released today are significantly cheaper ($294 Wash DC - MCO) than the ones I have been tracking for 5 months plus no baggage fee! The seating is my only concern at this point. Any insight would be appreciated!

they are sold out for my nov date so now I think we have to fly in one airline (american) and then back on southwest.

Do I need early check in to ensure seats together on flights to Orlando on SW? We are a family of 5, (Me, DH, DS8, DS6, DS6) and it seems like doing family boarding between the A & B groups would ensure we get 3 and 2 seats together but when flying to Orlando I assume most of the passengers are families. Can I be reasonably assured to get seats together with family boarding or do I need to pay the $15 early boarding?

Never flown SW and the flights that were released today are significantly cheaper ($294 Wash DC - MCO) than the ones I have been tracking for 5 months plus no baggage fee! The seating is my only concern at this point. Any insight would be appreciated!
It would be rare for family boarding to result in not getting a row to yourselves. That's whey they have it. If family boarding didn't result in sitting with your kids, they wouldn't bother doing it.

I can't believe how much flights have gone up since this morning! I got nonstop for about $230 each, and now those tickets are up to just over $300!

Last edited:
We have been going around Thanksgiving for the past few years and I learned to book when the schedule opens. I had to break my party into 4 different confirmations to get the best prices. Last year my flight there went down $29 I think but that was it. WGA runs out within hours and over the course of 4 hours today my flight from NY to MCO went up over $300 each.

Flights this year were way up and schedules not as good.

Last edited:
I have 3 people traveling --all on one itinerary (each flight direction on different itinerary). Never had to do this on one itinerary ......Can this be done: change flights so 2 people fly a different day going to Orlando? I have a feeling I would have to rebook all three people?

Prices dropped for me today on flights in September, October & December from ISP to MCO, got over 10,000 points BAck in my RR account

When you purchase a ticket on Southwest, when do the points show up in your account? Is it when you buy the ticket, or after you have flown? Thanks for any info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!