Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I would be EXTREMELY surprised if there was any type of age limit on strollers. Children can have medical reasons for needing a stroller at all ages, and it would be illegal for them to even ask about any type of disability and need of the stroller.

The policy could be that they want to make sure the person for whom the stroller is used is a passenger on the plane.

Good point. When we adopted our child, we gate checked all kinds of baby gear - without having a baby with us. But, that was in the "olden days" - 8 years ago!

Good afternoon. I just changed my flights for early May from PHL (preferred airport) to BWI (not my favorite) and saved $228 on Southwest! The travel funds are from two different confirmation numbers as I had booked down separately from the return originally.

When the schedule open up for Thanksgiving dates and I book our flights can I apply the travel fund from the two different confirmation numbers to the November tickets in one transaction?

Thank you!

ETA same passengers both flights thanks.

Lisa

You can use 2 confirmation numbers for Travel Funds & 1 gift card or credit card. I had a frustrating experience last week. I booked my Florida trip awhile ago and I booked as two separate transactions because we are flying into one city and out of another. I've gotten 3 credits between the two flights. Two credits were for the same confirmation number. I went to purchase tickets for the same ppl to California and I was trying to use my credits. It wouldn't allow me to do this even though it was technically 2 travel fund confirmation numbers, it split it into 3 separate travel fund entries. I had to split up my travel funds using 2 on one leg and 1 on the other. I ended up paying out of pocket and still have a small credit left to use on something else because even their customer service lady on the phone took 30 minutes trying to get it to work. I love adjusting and getting credits but I was really frustrated after that! I learn something new every time.

Ugghh! Why are the prices for flights in August so high? Last year we paid much less. Now the cheapest nonstop flight is like $178.

Will they get cheaper or only more expensive at this point?

Ugghh! Why are the prices for flights in August so high? Last year we paid much less. Now the cheapest nonstop flight is like $178.

Who knows. Prices for our Aug flights have never been less than they were on release day. However, today they went down to their lowest price since a few days after release day. Whether they will keep going down or pop back up is completely unknown.

I think we may end up booking a later non-stop flight than we want because it's $50 cheaper. Prices have been so high this August compared to last year. I always pay for early bird check in. I am hoping the earlier flight we really want drops price and I can cancel and rebook the earlier flight. My question is, can I transfer the early bird check in or do I have to purchase another one if I do end of up getting the earlier flight down the road.

I think we may end up booking a later non-stop flight than we want because it's $50 cheaper. Prices have been so high this August compared to last year. I always pay for early bird check in. I am hoping the earlier flight we really want drops price and I can cancel and rebook the earlier flight. My question is, can I transfer the early bird check in or do I have to purchase another one if I do end of up getting the earlier flight down the road.
Up until yesterday, I thought you would lose the Early Bird fee you have already paid. But, then just yesterday I saw something on the SW Forum. It said that as long as you make the change a minimum of 36 hours before the earlier flight, the Early Bird will transfer to the new flight. I told a friend who had a flight in June, and she called today to change the flight, and indeed, her Early Bird did transfer. If you totally cancel a flight, you would lose the Early Bird fees.

Is there a place/way to see historical flights/past year info? I know they were reducing the number of nonstops from my closest airports but I don't see any at all now :( wondering if they add them seasonally or if they are gone for good...

Trying to plan ahead for our December trip!

You will lose your early bird if you change flights

Up until yesterday, I thought you would lose the Early Bird fee you have already paid. But, then just yesterday I saw something on the SW Forum. It said that as long as you make the change a minimum of 36 hours before the earlier flight, the Early Bird will transfer to the new flight. I told a friend who had a flight in June, and she called today to change the flight, and indeed, her Early Bird did transfer. If you totally cancel a flight, you would lose the Early Bird fees.

That's not true at all. I change flights all the time (for price and times) and the early bird always transfers with the flight.

I apologize for the misinformation! I usually don't chime in but I thought for sure I knew this answer!! I don't typically purchase early bird but one of the couple times I did, I had to call to make a change because it wasn't working online--the customer service person told me it wouldn't transfer (and it didn't) this was many, many years ago and I assumed it was the case. :guilty: Glad to hear it WILL transfer--it may change my mind about purchasing EB (I frequently change my flight times or rates). Thanks for posting the correct answer!

I apologize for the misinformation! I usually don't chime in but I thought for sure I knew this answer!! I don't typically purchase early bird but one of the couple times I did, I had to call to make a change because it wasn't working online--the customer service person told me it wouldn't transfer (and it didn't) this was many, many years ago and I assumed it was the case. :guilty: Glad to hear it WILL transfer--it may change my mind about purchasing EB (I frequently change my flight times or rates). Thanks for posting the correct answer!

Thanks for summing that up! I think that SW changed their policy (I have no idea of when) because I was also told no on the phone years ago. Good news for those of us who change things around!

Also, I bought EB for a flight returning after Easter - a busy time. I didn't add the EB till about a month before the flight. So, when I got a boarding position of B12 (yes, B!) I thought I had made a horrible mistake by waiting too long. And there were a gazillion families with young kids boarding before us. I was happily surprised that we were able to choose seats (2 in one row, and 2 in the next row), and we were still over the wing of the plane, toward the back of the plane. On the flight down to Orlando, we had A25 boarding position, and sat over the wing, towards the back. So, our seats weren't all that different, although our boarding positions sure were!

Who knows. Prices for our Aug flights have never been less than they were on release day. However, today they went down to their lowest price since a few days after release day. Whether they will keep going down or pop back up is completely unknown.

I have been following the prices because I am trying to get some insight for our Dec trip and I thought the same thing, wow flights seem really high right now. I have never been one to purchase tickets the day the window opens so am not aware of the pricing pattern. It sounds like from @PrincessArlena'sDad 's comments that my best bet is to purchase the day they open on 5/18. Does the initial sale price last more than one day? or is it usually just the day they open? I will have points that I want to use, but my cc closes on 5/18 meaning the points will not become available for use for 2-4 days later. If it were just 1 or 2 tickets I would be more casual about it, but I need 5 so the difference could really add up. I have enough for one way now and it seems that SW does not charge extra or increase the seat cost if you only purchase 1-way vs r/t like most other airlines that I have checked. If that is true that may help offset an increase after opening day.

I have been following the prices because I am trying to get some insight for our Dec trip and I thought the same thing, wow flights seem really high right now. I have never been one to purchase tickets the day the window opens so am not aware of the pricing pattern. It sounds like from @PrincessArlena'sDad 's comments that my best bet is to purchase the day they open on 5/18. Does the initial sale price last more than one day? or is it usually just the day they open? I will have points that I want to use, but my cc closes on 5/18 meaning the points will not become available for use for 2-4 days later. If it were just 1 or 2 tickets I would be more casual about it, but I need 5 so the difference could really add up. I have enough for one way now and it seems that SW does not charge extra or increase the seat cost if you only purchase 1-way vs r/t like most other airlines that I have checked. If that is true that may help offset an increase after opening day.

Southwest prices can change more than once per day. I have bought tickets on opening morning, and changed them to a lower points amount twice more that same day. But, that doesn't mean they won't be lower in two months. That's the beauty of booking with points. You just get the points back, and don't need to worry about their expiration date.

If you don't have enough points for round trip, you might want to purchase one way tickets with the available points, and then purchase the return trip once you get the points. And take a screen shot so you remember exactly what you paid for the tickets. It's helpful later when looking to see if the prices have dropped. I now purchase every ticket individually, as one way tickets, and one reservation per person. More reservation numbers to remember, but a better chance of getting the best price when changes flights.

I bought the hour they were released. By lunch time the price increased and has not cone down to opening price since.

I am going in August this year. In the first half hour of the tickets going on sale, I was in the process of purchasing them, (5 tickets round trip), the price changed on the flight down. So I had to go back in and start over again. So the price can change in the first 5 minutes of them going on sale.

I do check back to see if the prices have changed, and they have, sometimes the same and some times higher, but I haven't seen them cheaper than what I paid for them.

I am going in August this year. In the first half hour of the tickets going on sale, I was in the process of purchasing them, (5 tickets round trip), the price changed on the flight down. So I had to go back in and start over again. So the price can change in the first 5 minutes of them going on sale.

I do check back to see if the prices have changed, and they have, sometimes the same and some times higher, but I haven't seen them cheaper than what I paid for them.

Yes, that can happen, but probably not too often. What I've seen happen is that airlines that compete on the same route often magically lower their prices when Southwest releases their new schedule. Southwest may then react to that and adjust their fare. This mini price war can happen in the first couple hours after Southwest has their release, so its not a bad idea to check back after you purchase.

Does anyone know if SW historically keeps the same flight schedules on holidays? For example, if we fly on Christmas Day, which is a Monday, will the SW schedule for Christmas be the usual Monday flights. TU.

In an effort to get ready for The next release dates, is there a way I can preload my LUV vouchers as payment like I do for a credit card? Or do I have to enter them as I purchase and risk my prices going up as I enter?

Anyone know what time Southwest will post the new flights on Thursday? Is it midnight or sometime in the actual morning like 6 or 7?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!