Post a Picture of Your Camping Setup at Other Campgrounds!!

Nice trailer. Yes you would need a long site. At Lake Louisa, there are a few parking spots by each fishing dock that you could park your truck in if you didn't have quite enough space. Also, some sites had enough room on the side of the gravel pad to park a vehicle.
I was looking at the Lake Louisa web site and Reserve America. Some of the pull-throughs and a few of the back-ins will be plenty long enough.

Now I just have to get work to settle on a timeline for a new tower we are opening. I originally had plans to arrive at the Fort on 9/9/17. Then the project timeline set 9/9/17 as opening day. I moved Disney to 9/23/17. Today, I heard they are behind schedule and may push opening dates back... :crazy2:

We are 2 months away from phase 1 opening. You'd think they had this worked out by now.

j

I was looking at the Lake Louisa web site and Reserve America. Some of the pull-throughs and a few of the back-ins will be plenty long enough.

Now I just have to get work to settle on a timeline for a new tower we are opening. I originally had plans to arrive at the Fort on 9/9/17. Then the project timeline set 9/9/17 as opening day. I moved Disney to 9/23/17. Today, I heard they are behind schedule and may push opening dates back... :crazy2:

We are 2 months away from phase 1 opening. You'd think they had this worked out by now.

j

Ugh. Well the later you wait the cooler it will be, and that could be a plus! Living here in Central Fl and knowing how hot September can be, I would take Oct over early Sept any time. Good luck with your project.

Silver Springs State Park, Ocala FL. Very nice campground. Large level sites. Lots of pull troughs for those larger RV and 5th wheels. Nice clean and modern bath houses. There is a Florida museum and "cracker" settlement on site that is open on the weekends. Lots of nice trails for hiking and bike riding. You get free admission to the Silver Springs recreation area where you can take a glass bottom boat ride. I highly recommend this, it is very neat.
IMG_20170224_172252617.jpg IMG_20170224_172359120.jpg IMG_20170224_172437309.jpg

Silver Springs State Park, Ocala FL. Very nice campground. Large level sites. Lots of pull troughs for those larger RV and 5th wheels. Nice clean and modern bath houses. There is a Florida museum and "cracker" settlement on site that is open on the weekends. Lots of nice trails for hiking and bike riding. You get free admission to the Silver Springs recreation area where you can take a glass bottom boat ride. I highly recommend this, it is very neat.
View attachment 222551 View attachment 222552 View attachment 222553
WOW... That seems like a HUGE site.

WOW... That seems like a HUGE site.

It was. Most of the sites were this large, some even larger. The pull throughs were very large to accommodate the largest of 5th wheels or motor homes. I did not take a lot of pictures of other sites, but here is one with a pull through on the right side. You can see that this is only half the site so it was very large.
silspgsp.jpg

IMG_3984.JPG We stayed at KOA Kissimmee prior to our FW stay. We loved it . Perfect pre cursor to our Fort stay. Relaxing(mostly snow birders). We are not retired yet so we were welcomed but didn't quite get in the group of regulars. They were extremely kind and always helpful. We loved the attention to detail and level of attention. So much so they spoiled our dogs ridiculously.

View attachment 222551 View attachment 222552 View attachment 222553
Wow! That looks like a beautiful place to stay. going to try to reserve a spot for a couple of nights before next springs stay at FW. How long of a drive from there to the Fort?

View attachment 223402 We stayed at KOA Kissimmee prior to our FW stay. We loved it . Perfect pre cursor to our Fort stay. Relaxing(mostly snow birders). We are not retired yet so we were welcomed but didn't quite get in the group of regulars. They were extremely kind and always helpful. We loved the attention to detail and level of attention. So much so they spoiled our dogs ridiculously.
We like the Kissimmee KOA too and stayed there just before our trip to the Fort in 2014. Such an easy drive to Fort Wilderness from there.

The weather seems like it is finally deciding to be Spring, so we went out this weekend with some friends. Nothing too far, but a nice little private cg in mid Illinois. Nice weather. 40s at night, 60 during the day.

That's our friends 6 month old Cherokee next to us.

Okaw Valley cg, outside of Vandalia, IL.

20170401_163641-1328x747_zpsyrsw6liu.jpg~original

20170401_161941-1328x747_zpsvz7cobv7.jpg~original

j

Here was our site (485) at Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores, AL a couple of weeks ago. They have over eight miles of bike trails. It is not right on the beach but close enough for my taste. Amazing campground...

IMG_20170331_150159883_HDR-PANO.jpg

DDo5 - aka Mike

That looks great, Terri. My parents used to own some condos in St Pete Beach. We drove out to Ft. Desoto a number of times, but never camped there.

j

Here was the view from our site at Coles Creek cg, Carlyle Lake, IL on a very rainy weekend. Overall it was a nice time until until I broke a leg. Broke it so bad we had to amputate half just to make it home.

That's a landing leg on the trailer.

I was at the edge of the site and had the driver side wheels on the camper up on 3 of the plastic stackable blocks. When I backed in to hitch up, the trailer nudged a little. Just enough to roll it off the blocks. Unfortunately, when the side of the trailer dropped down, the landing leg dug in and bent forward. I was able to straighten it back up, but the boxed pipe had crimped and it wouldn't go up high enough to be able to pull the trailer. So, off to Wal Mart for an angle grinder and presto. Ground clearance galore. Good news is e-trailer has a replacement set for $150. Better than I feared.

20170429_102132_001-1328x747_zpsylldczxg.jpg~original

20170429_092803-1328x747_zpsrfeqhjsz.jpg~original

20170430_182557-1328x747_zpsu7mv3wzm.jpg~original

Am I the only one doing any camping ??? Hello, is this thing on ??:confused3
Oh well here we are on our next camping adventure, new rig, first trip.

20170617_165631.jpeg 20170617_165656.jpeg

KOA in Elizabethtown, PA. Nice small campground, has some awesome pull thru sites, we elected for a back in site. :sail:After all need to practice before Disney.

Last edited:
I hear ya PaHunter, we're all slacking in this department, here was my site this year at GSP,
20170525_160140_zps9oghcdfe.jpg

That was with my parents 5er, I didn't get a chance to get a picture of the new 5er, but I'm booked at a Mississippi State Park the weekend after the 4th, I'll post pics of it then,

Haven't heard much out of my good friend the world famous Tiggerdad lately, last I heard he was doing some boomdocking in the mountains, and sent me this pic....

FB_IMG_1476563770350_zps8hxhksyk.jpg

Hope he's having a good time! (I believe the front need to come up some)

Am I the only one doing any camping ??? Hello, is this thing on ??:confused3
Oh well here we are on our next camping adventure, new rig, first trip.

View attachment 245628 View attachment 245629

KOA in Elizabethtown, PA. Nice small campground, has some awesome pull thru sites, we elected for a back in site. :sail:After all need to practice before Disney.

Wish I was camping, but it is just too hot here in Florida right now :crazy2:. Looking forward to September when we can take the cover off and get out there again. But until then, I will just have to enjoy everyone else's set ups and trip reports.

Teresa and I decided to sell the cargo trailer camper conversion. It served us well as it made several trips to the Fort hauling a golf cart and motorcycle. With our family growing, we had just outgrown it. When we built the camper, we had looked for a factory built camper with enough space to haul the golf cart and motorcycle. It just wasn't there. We contemplated building another larger conversion but when we searched toy haulers this time, Coachmen had the Adrenaline 26 CB which could haul what we needed to haul so we decided to buy rather than build. Even though I would have enjoyed building another, we are very happy with this one. Here are a couple of pictures from a recent weekend at the Kentucky Horse Park. We will be taking it to the Fort for the first time this October.
20170601_203306_zpst2oxze7e.jpg

20170601_174507_zpsloi2a7tl.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!