Possible World Drive expansion to mystery land buy out by Disney.

I wish they would buy all of Irlo Bronson. That streets so dodgy Maleficent and Ursula would stay clear of it.

I don't think anything will happen at the new land, but as others suggest it frees Disney to do more development within the current boundary of WDW.

Does the lodging project at River Country have all the water permits etc needed to build that project?

I feel like this purchase is a precursor to a few "smaller" projects. Maybe the resort at the front of epcot? Maybe something not even in the rumor mill yet.
I also seem to remember when the gondola project was uncovered, there were strong rumors of another transportation project that would link AKL to AK and maybe more(but not a gondola). Did that ever get any more traction.

Anyways, I don't think this is any sort 5th gate move, in case anyone is going there. I'm also not convinced it has any direct connection with any project. It may just be a savings bank to make things easier in the future.

As others have said, this could free up land in their current theme park zone for new projects. It also keeps competitors away from that property.

Like I said in my deleted post,

Disney needs to buy land off property for the endangered animals, so they can actually use more of their on property land.

One thing that I don't think has been mentioned here is the Reedy Creek Improvement District (RCID). Disney has a sweet deal with RCID. I simply can't imagine Disney building outside of RCID unless they absolutely have no choice. They don't have to worry about running up against anti-development local politicians or NIMBYs inside of RCID.

One thing that I don't think has been mentioned here is the Reedy Creek Improvement District (RCID). Disney has a sweet deal with RCID. I simply can't imagine Disney building outside of RCID unless they absolutely have no choice. They don't have to worry about running up against anti-development local politicians or NIMBYs inside of RCID.

Unless they annex the land into RCID, something that they have done with a few plots around the edges of the current district recently.

This all could be just a way to keep a future competitor out while expanding wetlands to increase park usage. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Think how expensive it was for Universal to buy enough land in the general area of its 2 parks. Disney may not want to deal with that problem themselves years down the road.

The most likely scenario of them all is that the land came available for sale and Disney just grabbed up some adjacent property with absolutely no immediate plan for it other than keeping it out of the hands of a competitor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!