Possible Itinerary

kbmartin

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone!

I'm going to book my flights tomorrow and just wanted to get any opinions on this itinerary. I know it's quite vague. I kept it that way to allow me to research further later and allow me to just spend time exploring those areas. Things will probably get rearranged. I wouldn't mind some feedback that answers these questions: Do I have too much time planned in a particular area? Is there something really amazing I should spend time seeing in that area? Would you suggest I rearrange anything in particular? This is a SUPER rough plan. I'm just trying to figure out what, if anything, I'm missing, and if I should maybe cut the trip short one day. I know some of you might suggest traveling outside of Tokyo, but we really just plan to stick to Tokyo based on time constraints. Thank you in advance!!!

Saturday – depart

Sunday – arrive at Narita late afternoon, check into hotel, visit Ikspiari for dinner if we feel up to it

Monday – DisneySea

Tuesday – Disneyland

Wednesday – DisneySea

Thursday – Disneyland

Friday – check out of hotel, transfer to Shibuya/Shinjuku(?) hotel BEFORE rush hour (is there an easier way than by train?), do laundry, rest, dinner in Shinjuku

Saturday – Shinjuku and Shibuya exploring, Robot Restaurant

Sunday – Ghibli museum, Shibuya/Shinjuku exploring

Monday – Asakusa

Tuesday – Akihabara

Wednesday – Ginza – Tsukiji Fish Market and Teamlab Borderless

Thursday – breakfast near hotel, depart and arrive back in US on Friday

I believe there is a bus from the parks to Shinjuku about once an hour in the afternoons. I don't know if it stops at the hotels though.

Can't really critique your itinerary per say just because everyone has different preferences. The Imperial Palace, Tokyo Tower and Skytree are things that many tourists like to do in Tokyo. You also may not need a full day in Akihabara if you're just shopping (not playing in arcades or watching idol performances).

If you were not already aware, the tuna auction is no longer at Tsukiji and from what I read online, the auction at Toyosu is not as interesting. The sushi and snack shops should still be at Tsukiji though but ask how long the waits are if you're going to a sushi bar. Since the places are small, it's not uncommon for waits to be 4 to 6 hours on busy days even if the line doesn't look that long.

I believe there is a bus from the parks to Shinjuku about once an hour in the afternoons. I don't know if it stops at the hotels though.

Can't really critique your itinerary per say just because everyone has different preferences. The Imperial Palace, Tokyo Tower and Skytree are things that many tourists like to do in Tokyo. You also may not need a full day in Akihabara if you're just shopping (not playing in arcades or watching idol performances).

If you were not already aware, the tuna auction is no longer at Tsukiji and from what I read online, the auction at Toyosu is not as interesting. The sushi and snack shops should still be at Tsukiji though but ask how long the waits are if you're going to a sushi bar. Since the places are small, it's not uncommon for waits to be 4 to 6 hours on busy days even if the line doesn't look that long.

Thanks for the info about Tsukiji. Maybe that isn't somewhere we would want to spend so much time. Also, Akihabara is a place we are interested in as gamers and otaku! It's just a matter of what there is to do there other than just shopping, since we are not planning to bring home a bunch of souvenirs. I guess I'll research if there are any "attractions" there, unless you know of any!

I think it might help if you could share some of your interests or wishes for this trip. Unfortunately I don’t know anything about games/anime so I can’t give you suggestions there. Hopefully someone else can.

I think it might help if you could share some of your interests or wishes for this trip. Unfortunately I don’t know anything about games/anime so I can’t give you suggestions there. Hopefully someone else can.
I watched a vlogger who went into a store called robot + robot in akihabara and I think it looks really cool. They have all types of electronics, Disney stuff, and other games/anime.

Honestly, I think I just need to start doing some more specific research! I'll post again someday when I have a better plan (probably this summer while I'm off!). Thank you all!

I don't see why you need a day for Akihabara and a day for Asakusa. They are close to each other and can easily be done in one day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts