Possible Itinerary-Opinions?

Anna Chassereau

DIS Veteran
We’re booked for 8 nights in June...this is the itinerary I’ve mapped out so far...anything I’m missing? Or anything that looks like it would be too much? We’re renting a car for the week and driving to all of these locations on our own other than the hike I will book through Disney. I’d like to have a guide on that hike rather than do it on our own.

It will be me, my husband and our 8 year old son. Any advice/insight is welcome and appreciated!:)

Day 1: Fly to Hawaii

Day 2: Hang out at resort

Day 3: UTV tour and Movie Tour at Kualoa Ranch

Day 4: Polynesian Cultural Center (want to book full day tour and luau that night)

Day 5: Bamboo Forest and Rainforest Hike to waterfall (booked through Disney)

Day 6: Hang out at the resort

Day 7: Swim with dolphins at Sea Life Park and then drive to Byodo-In Temple

Day 8: Dole Plantation

Day 9: Fly home

Also planning on booking the luau at Aulani. I’d like to do both luau’s at Aulani and PCC.

If you fly home on Day 9 Hawaii time, you probably won't get home until Day 10 AM EST.

What are you doing on Day 11? I hope that you have it reserved as a rest day to recover from jet lag. It going to be very difficult day if you have to wake up at 7:00 AM to go to work on Day 11.

-Paul

If any of your resort days fall on a Saturday or Sunday, I would switch it with a touring day. This is because touring the island is easier with lighter traffic on the weekends, and also because locals often frequent Aulani on weekends and we found it noticeably busier Friday-Sunday when we were there.

On your Dole Plantation day, I would highly recommend taking a drive to Haleiwa afterward in the North Shore. IMO, that area is not to be missed. The waves, turtles on the beach, shave ice at Matsumoto's. Beautiful area with a nice way to spend the afternoon.

Also, is this your first time on Oahu? I consider Waikiki a must-do, even if just for dinner one night to check it out, perhaps during the evening on one of your resort days. We found Aulani pretty dead after dinner hour. Waikiki is unlike any other area on the island, with lots of shopping, souvenirs, and great dining options on the beach. Everything from formal to super casual. Lively atmosphere too, and perfectly fine for an 8 year old. At least here on the east coast, most people picture Waikiki when thinking of Hawaii, so we couldn't miss it on our first trip.

If any of your resort days fall on a Saturday or Sunday, I would switch it with a touring day. This is because touring the island is easier with lighter traffic on the weekends, and also because locals often frequent Aulani on weekends and we found it noticeably busier Friday-Sunday when we were there.

On your Dole Plantation day, I would highly recommend taking a drive to Haleiwa afterward in the North Shore. IMO, that area is not to be missed. The waves, turtles on the beach, shave ice at Matsumoto's. Beautiful area with a nice way to spend the afternoon.

Also, is this your first time on Oahu? I consider Waikiki a must-do, even if just for dinner one night to check it out, perhaps during the evening on one of your resort days. We found Aulani pretty dead after dinner hour. Waikiki is unlike any other area on the island, with lots of shopping, souvenirs, and great dining options on the beach. Everything from formal to super casual. Lively atmosphere too, and perfectly fine for an 8 year old. At least here on the east coast, most people picture Waikiki when thinking of Hawaii, so we couldn't miss it on our first trip.

Great tips and ideas!! Definitely considering Waikiki! Thank you!:)

If you fly home on Day 9 Hawaii time, you probably won't get home until Day 10 AM EST.

What are you doing on Day 11? I hope that you have it reserved as a rest day to recover from jet lag. It going to be very difficult day if you have to wake up at 7:00 AM to go to work on Day 11.

-Paul

Yes my husband and I both work for ourselves and make our own schedules so we will be taking several days to recover. I’ve traveled to Europe four times and definitely know how brutal jet lag can be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter