Possible guest recovery?

Did you call and try to get it moved? I booked with the free dining bouncback last August for a late July trip. I got the 35% offer too but would really prefer to move it. I may try to see what they say. Technically the bounceback I booked was good in December too, just not sure if they will still honor the original bounceback dates at this point.

im not till sep so not touching the call center right now. If They allow it to be moved im sure we’ll hear.

This was exactly our scenario. We were booked for Easter week. Was holding off on the free dining offer because we wanted to see how things were going. Then it got pulled. I know they really have no obligation to offer anything, but I’m hoping something is offered at some point.

Same here. We were booked for May and cancelled. Waited too long to rebook. We already have tickets and now I’m not sure that’s enough to get into the park reservation system before they open resort and tickets sales again.

What are the chances of Disney offering some type of discount/recovery for people whose vacations were cancelled, but who did not rebook with the free dining offer? Do you think once the dust settles they will target this audience?
I don't think you will se offers until next year. they don't want crowds now and they won't need offers during the holidays.

Disney dining was always a personal thing. Is it better to pay full price for rooms and get free dining or is the 25% to 35% discount on rooms better. 35% on a GF room at $1000 a night is $350 A day. Do you, can you eat $ 350 worth of restaurant food? Don’t think so.

Is that how it’s working? You are able to apply the 35% towards a 2021 trip?

if your rebooked reservation was cancelled ie you arrival was 6/1-7/10 you can use it in the future. If rebooked check in 7/11 or later 35% is on that reservation.

if your rebooked reservation was cancelled ie you arrival was 6/1-7/10 you can use it in the future. If rebooked check in 7/11 or later 35% is on that reservation.
Thanks for that clarification.

I feel it would be a bit inequitable that the people cancelled in March/April and early May could rebook with free dining (now 35% off) and everyone from mid-May to mid-July would get nothing. I feel they will (once they turn things back on) offer the May/June/July cancellations with something.

But where does it stop? That's the issue? Do ONLY people who were cancelled by Disney get some guest recovery? What about the people who just saw the writing on the wall and cancelled themselves? What about people who are canceling AFTER they are open because they don't want to go to Disney under the listed restrictions?

Disney does have some guest recovery issues on their hands, just not sure how they will handle it.

For me? (Cancelled for Mid-June trip) .. just give me the ability to book a room at the SAME PRICE (or cheaper) that I had with little to no restrictions except maybe when I can first book the trip for (I assume they aren't going to offer bounceback offers while they are still hoping to have limited capacity.)

Heck .. I'd just take a Disney "credit" applies to my account that I can use on a future trip.

I'd think that disney will eventually need to encourage people to come back. Just not sure when they will want to do that.

Nothing special. Disney needs paying guests. What ever they offer will be for everybody. After not working for weeks most people will not get vacation time this year. And with them opening mid July . It’s only a few weeks to hurricane season.
Also is FL schools reopening on Mid August .?
In Clay County our kids are scheduled to go back Aug 11th, and I believe most other counties will start a week before or after as per normal years past. This is assuming kids aren't still attending virtual from COVID, dates may be adjusted as we move into the different phases of reopening.

My entire trip to Italy was canceled, my mom's trip to Greece and another to Jordan. All we have gotten are refunds or credits to apply towards a future trip. I didn't expect a discount to compensate for a pandemic cancellation. I don't know why Disney is expected to do anything other than a refund. Any discounts would be for economic recovery like after the recession or 9/11. It also defeats the purpose of keeping crowds low. If everyone goes because of a discount then the crowds will go up. I guess everyone's about to find out what Disney has to do in order to keep crowds low like people always ask for.

My entire trip to Italy was canceled, my mom's trip to Greece and another to Jordan. All we have gotten are refunds or credits to apply towards a future trip. I didn't expect a discount to compensate for a pandemic cancellation. I don't know why Disney is expected to do anything other than a refund. Any discounts would be for economic recovery like after the recession or 9/11. It also defeats the purpose of keeping crowds low. If everyone goes because of a discount then the crowds will go up. I guess everyone's about to find out what Disney has to do in order to keep crowds low like people always ask for.
Mainly because Disney DID offer some recovery to the March/April guests (when they assumed/hoped this thing would only last a few weeks (probably like it should have)). I will admit .. I kept my June reservation (knowing it would be cancelled) in case they were also going to offer some sort of "come back" offer when they cancelled my reservation.

But I agree .. Disney doesn't NEED to do anything but offer a full, no strings, refund. I also don't think they really need to do anything THIS year to encourage people to come back .. at least until they feel things will be back to full "normal". When they are ready to transition to FULL capacity, I am sure they will toss out some promotions to QUICKLY fill those rooms with "last minute" vacation plans.

But I think a lot of people are disillusioned with planning ANY vacation in the near future now and are going to shift to way cheaper and more flexible vacations this summer and fall .. so eventually Disney will probably need to encourage ALL guests to come back (not just the cancelled ones)

Disney dining was always a personal thing. Is it better to pay full price for rooms and get free dining or is the 25% to 35% discount on rooms better. 35% on a GF room at $1000 a night is $350 A day. Do you, can you eat $ 350 worth of restaurant food? Don’t think so.

Not to go through this again...

One person in a room? Sure. 4 "Adults" in that room changes the numbers.

One situation doesn't cover everyone.

That's what it sounded like to me as well, but I'm not sure now. I'm booked 7/6-7/16, so the opening falls in the middle of my trip. I got the form email stating that I'd lose my free dining, but that they would give me a 35% off my room and send me a new confirmation. I'm not sure if I will have an option to use it for a future booking, if I will have the option to shift my dates by a few days, if I can cancel the first few room days when the parks won't be open yet, or if there's some other scenario.

We're in the group that had to rebook but didn't do so with the free dining offer since we have APs. We got an AP discount for the room, but now I wish we'd booked the free dining bc the AP discount wasn't 35%.
Me too! Two different trips cancelled, both booked with AP discount, didn’t opt for free dining recovery option, and I’m now concerned that AP room discounts won’t be offered once bookings open again.

That's what it sounded like to me as well, but I'm not sure now. I'm booked 7/6-7/16, so the opening falls in the middle of my trip. I got the form email stating that I'd lose my free dining, but that they would give me a 35% off my room and send me a new confirmation. I'm not sure if I will have an option to use it for a future booking, if I will have the option to shift my dates by a few days, if I can cancel the first few room days when the parks won't be open yet, or if there's some other scenario.

Based on current rumors your option may be to come during those dates and get moved to a DVC resort.

Not to go through this again...

One person in a room? Sure. 4 "Adults" in that room changes the numbers.

One situation doesn't cover everyone.

We had a party of five, my three kids are considered "adults" and the loss of the promo was devastating. The 35% room discount barely makes a dent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!