Possible delayed closing for Spaceship earth

My only comment on this: They added the France Pavilion expansion to the MDE app map. Seems odd to me they would do that if it wasn't on track for an early summer opening. If that's good to go, I see no reason they would hesitate to close SE.

My only comment on this: They added the France Pavilion expansion to the MDE app map. Seems odd to me they would do that if it wasn't on track for an early summer opening. If that's good to go, I see no reason they would hesitate to close SE.
Money would be the biggest concern.

You even like the decent? Say it ain't so...

It has been bad for years, IMHO. It is too dim, especially when you come in to the ride after being outside in the bright sun. Some people's eyes take a while to adjust to the dark.
Especially so when your eyes have to adjust following the camera flash as you're ascending.

Just made our FP for our June trip. SE was listed "unavailable at this time" on MDE. Didn't see any mention of RAT. With this stoppage of work, likely the RAT won't be up for awhile.

We’re rebooked for July 11-19. Hoping it gets delayed so we can ride SSE one last time!

I just made July FP and no SE available.
Hoping it’s just automatic in the FP system and that it actually will be open! (Assuming Epcot is!)

I hope they cancel the Spaceship Earth revamp altogether. It's fine just like it is. Would be like changing Small World.
They really need to update the ride system. Most of the scenes are fine, but the ride itself was getting pretty worn out.

I think it depends on what actually already bough and in storage. And what order and can not be stopped.
It may be just cost effective to do the new show then having new elements of the new SE get destroyEd in storage.

We may not make it back until December 2021 now.. any chance they’ll keep it open till then? 🤪

Given how long the parks have been closed, I wouldn't be surprised to see this rehab be delayed. They hadn't started any of it as far as anyone knows, so it would be easy to delay until their cashflow is better. It would also make sense to close it after Ratatouille opens.

I heard from friends that still work attractions in Epcot that this was definitely going to open with the park. They said a new date would be announced in the future for the rehab. This ride needed some serious TLC when I did my CP in 2007 so I really do hope it gets a full overhaul in the future.

I heard from friends that still work attractions in Epcot that this was definitely going to open with the park. They said a new date would be announced in the future for the rehab. This ride needed some serious TLC when I did my CP in 2007 so I really do hope it gets a full overhaul in the future.

The ride was closed for its last reno in July 2007, so it got some TLC since you saw it then.

The ride was closed for its last reno in July 2007, so it got some TLC since you saw it then.

Yeah I did another CP in 2009 so I have seen it since. But they only updated the ride scenes and narrator. They did not touch the track. They need to really update the ride system itself as that is what is causing a lot of issues. If you have ever been there when it goes down, it takes forever to come back up as the track is just so old.

Epcot is a mess. They have to finish construction there. Or redo there plans and finish Or have a new plans. but finish to make it safe with out walls everywhere

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter