Possible change to Formal Night dress code

starvenger

DIS Veteran
The RC Blog posted that some of their ships have switched from having "Formal Night" to "Wear Your Best". Based on the comments, tank tops (men) are still not permitted in the MDR. Don't know if the change is permanent or not, but something to look out for.

And remember - this does not prevent people from wearing formal wear if they choose to. It just seems to codify something people have been doing anyway i.e. not dressing up for Formal Night.

Anyway, not trying to start an argument. Just trying to help those that are trying to figure out what to pack for their cruises.

It's been like this for a while on a few ships (my current ship for the last few months).
I still see people dress up though, just as many as when it was officially formal night. Those who want to dress fancy still will, and those that never did still wont lol.

Personally, I like formal night. I know a lot of people prefer not to dress up while on vacation. We plan to dress up for at least one formal night. I would not mind eating elsewhere on a formal night if we preferred to dress casually, though.

Personally, I like formal night. I know a lot of people prefer not to dress up while on vacation. We plan to dress up for at least one formal night. I would not mind eating elsewhere on a formal night if we preferred to dress casually, though.

I like it too. I feel like this is a case where the casual-only crowd is just being louder than us. For most RCCL ships it's a huge formal dining room, not a McdDonald's. Is treating it as such for ONE night really worth this battle?

I think that there are valid points to both sides of the issue. At the end of the day, this probably doesn't change a thing, and people will wear what they're comfortable with.

I shared the news with friends of ours that we are cruising with in May 2020 and we all agreed we are still dressing up! It will be a hassle to bring along the formal stuff since we all only do carry-ons but we want nice pictures together so we will be looking nice and possibly even fancy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter