Positive thoughts please-ups and downs p.42

He’s one giant step closer to home :)

Today, he was transferred to the physio program at a hospital 10 minutes up the road from me. His room is a little bigger and nicer than his old one. He’s sharing a room but it’s a room for 4 and she’s across and down from him so there is some privacy for visits.

I was up to see him tonight with my parents and the staff that we met all seem very nice. He saw the doctor briefly tonight and he was told it might not even be four weeks before he’s home. They aren’t going to make him perfect before he comes home, just to the point where he can function on his own, but with aids in the house like a raised toilet seat. His main focus will be getting up and down stairs.

It will be nice to have him home. Not only because it will mean this nightmare is getting further behind us, but just because I miss being able to look at him and hug him and kiss him whenever I want. Not that we’ll be like teenagers again..he won’t have the strength for that LMAO but it’s isolating not to have physical contact with anyone.

My second great news of the day is that Grace has booked her plane ticket for her visit. She’ll be here from Feb 1- 11 and I’m already counting down the days. I can’t WAIT to see her. Not like it’s been years, but this two months has felt like it. I know she’ll be busy with her friends but I requested one full day and evening with her. I’m smiling just writing all of this.

As my fb post said today, Richard got transferred closer to home, Grace booked her plane ticket, and my coupon for free cookies arrived in the mail all on the same day? Hello to the best day in a long time LOL

YAAAAAYYYYY

Glad to read this happy update! Sending pixie dust and prayers that Richard will be home sooner than expected. You had a really good day yesterday, hope that 2019 continues to be a fantastic one for you and your family!

That's great news.

If I can share with my own experience with my DH. I, like you, was super excited for DH to come home. But when he did come home, all the work load was on me. He had a hospital bed on the first floor (we have a half bath on first floor) We did have a nurse and PT come in twice a week for an hour or so, but DH could barely do anything for himself. Every time he got up to use bathroom, I needed to be nearby (he was using a walker at the time and had dizziness issues) Nurse recommended high protein meals, high vitamin C, I couldn't just throw a pizza at him. After a week or so, I was exhausted but fortunately that's just about the time, DH was improving enough that he didn't need me every min of the day.

I don't mean this to sound like a downer but rather as Richard continues to improve, ask what will be needed as home so you can prepare. The visiting nurses had told us of some gadgets that would help us. They are out there, that we had no idea. This was a whole new world to us.

Just like the first time I broke my ankle, it took 30 mins to get up one step into the house. The second time I broke my ankle (same ankle) we were pros at the tricks and got into the house in seconds.

He’s one giant step closer to home :)

Today, he was transferred to the physio program at a hospital 10 minutes up the road from me. His room is a little bigger and nicer than his old one. He’s sharing a room but it’s a room for 4 and she’s across and down from him so there is some privacy for visits.

I was up to see him tonight with my parents and the staff that we met all seem very nice. He saw the doctor briefly tonight and he was told it might not even be four weeks before he’s home. They aren’t going to make him perfect before he comes home, just to the point where he can function on his own, but with aids in the house like a raised toilet seat. His main focus will be getting up and down stairs.

It will be nice to have him home. Not only because it will mean this nightmare is getting further behind us, but just because I miss being able to look at him and hug him and kiss him whenever I want. Not that we’ll be like teenagers again..he won’t have the strength for that LMAO but it’s isolating not to have physical contact with anyone.

My second great news of the day is that Grace has booked her plane ticket for her visit. She’ll be here from Feb 1- 11 and I’m already counting down the days. I can’t WAIT to see her. Not like it’s been years, but this two months has felt like it. I know she’ll be busy with her friends but I requested one full day and evening with her. I’m smiling just writing all of this.

As my fb post said today, Richard got transferred closer to home, Grace booked her plane ticket, and my coupon for free cookies arrived in the mail all on the same day? Hello to the best day in a long time LOL

YAAAAAYYYYY
Here's to being grateful!!! Wonderful news!

That's wonderful news!! Glad things are moving forward to getting Richard home faster.....and it is always great when the kids come home to visit.
:hug:

Wonderful Happy and Healthy New Years news! You must be jumping for joy! :jumping3:Continued steady progress in the new facility! Enjoy the time home with your DD!:banana::thumbsup2

Best news of this year !

Richard is making great progress and closer to your home now

Grace will be home February
for a visit

I bet you are grinning ear to ear over this great news

That's great news.

If I can share with my own experience with my DH. I, like you, was super excited for DH to come home. But when he did come home, all the work load was on me. He had a hospital bed on the first floor (we have a half bath on first floor) We did have a nurse and PT come in twice a week for an hour or so, but DH could barely do anything for himself. Every time he got up to use bathroom, I needed to be nearby (he was using a walker at the time and had dizziness issues) Nurse recommended high protein meals, high vitamin C, I couldn't just throw a pizza at him. After a week or so, I was exhausted but fortunately that's just about the time, DH was improving enough that he didn't need me every min of the day.

I don't mean this to sound like a downer but rather as Richard continues to improve, ask what will be needed as home so you can prepare. The visiting nurses had told us of some gadgets that would help us. They are out there, that we had no idea. This was a whole new world to us.

Just like the first time I broke my ankle, it took 30 mins to get up one step into the house. The second time I broke my ankle (same ankle) we were pros at the tricks and got into the house in seconds.

I started thinking yesterday about how much of the load will be on me when he comes home. I’ll do it all, obviously, but I have to be careful I don’t run myself ragged. The last thing we need is for me to have a relapse and need my own help.

So happy to hear the New Year has brought continued progress to you. You must be incredibly grateful.

More than I can say. Like I said a few pages ago, a lot of threads like this don’t have a happy ending, so I’m so lucky mine didn’t end up like them.

Best news of this year !

Richard is making great progress and closer to your home now

Grace will be home February
for a visit

I bet you are grinning ear to ear over this great news

I really am still smiling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!