Positive thoughts please-ups and downs p.42

it will probably seem weird, I would just down play everything, just plan on watching some movies you both like and getting some of his favorite foods, dont put any pressure on you or him, making it special

it will probably seem weird, I would just down play everything, just plan on watching some movies you both like and getting some of his favorite foods, dont put any pressure on you or him, making it special

That’s the plan. Plus, when we’ve had enough alone time for a while we can go to our separate corners for a while. One of my biggest questions is if I can leave him for hours at a time. I’ll have to work and there’s nothing available from home at the moment. His long term disability wouldn’t kick in til May and his social security (disability) is apparently a five or six month process.

Finally, finally, we have a date for the home visit. It will be on Wednesday during the morning. For the time being, I don’t think we’ll need to make any further modifications. We got the railing put on the back steps on Friday. So, fingers crossed, he might be home next week. I’m excited and scared at the same time.
Wonderful news, Kim!!!!!! Richard will be home soon. :cool1: :cool1:

The home visit was done today and got the all clear on everything. There was enough room in the bathroom for him so thankfully he will be able to do it all on his own. I also will be able to leave for periods of time so I can go find some part time work. His bed should be delivered in the next day or two. With all of this..he is being discharged on TUESDAY!!

He’s still not 100% back to his old self, but considering where he’s come from, I’ll take it.

Fabulous news. So wonderful to hear he's coming home -- and that you feel very upbeat about how manageable it will be. Not to say there won't be challenges, but I'm glad you can see the path through them now.

The home visit was done today and got the all clear on everything. There was enough room in the bathroom for him so thankfully he will be able to do it all on his own. I also will be able to leave for periods of time so I can go find some part time work. His bed should be delivered in the next day or two. With all of this..he is being discharged on TUESDAY!!

He’s still not 100% back to his old self, but considering where he’s come from, I’ll take it.
Most excellent news! Happy for all of you.

Prayers and pixie dust worked!!! So happy for you that you have a discharge date! It will be so good for you (and him) having him home again.

I’m so happy for you Kim

Prayers answered!

I know there will be an adjustment time for both of you when Richard returns home but feel even with one bumps in the road, all will fall into place

Happy to hear kimblebee. :goodvibes

And relieved to also hear that Richard will be able to do more than was once thought.

Will be thinking of you both.

That's fantastic news! I'm so happy for you both. Hopefully, your life will be back to normal soon. Hugs for both of you. :hug:

That is WONDERFUL news! Recovery is a back and forth process, but keep looking at how far you've come and ya'll will be great. I'll still be keeping ya'll in my thoughts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!