Positive Reviews on Dining???

Fitswimmer

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Ok, I'll freely admit that I haven't caught EVERY episode, but in all the ones I've heard I haven't caught ONE positive review of a dining experience in the parks.
Perhaps you could post or talk about places you DO like sometime?

Ok, I'll freely admit that I haven't caught EVERY episode, but in all the ones I've heard I haven't caught ONE positive review of a dining experience in the parks.
Perhaps you could post or talk about places you DO like sometime?

There have definitely been some positive ones. For counter service, Kevin reviewed the Columbia Harbor House and had good things to say. In Epcot, he reviewed the Princess Storybook lunch/dinner at Norway and enjoyed it. And they LOVED LOVED the new sushi place in Japan--rave reviews on that one. And a somewhat positive review for the new restaurant in Italy at Epcot.

Those come to mind immediately for in-park positive reviews. There have also been several DTD/resort restaurants that have been reviewed positively by Kevin. :goodvibes

There have definitely been some positive ones. For counter service, Kevin reviewed the Columbia Harbor House and had good things to say. In Epcot, he reviewed the Princess Storybook lunch/dinner at Norway and enjoyed it. And they LOVED LOVED the new sushi place in Japan--rave reviews on that one. And a somewhat positive review for the new restaurant in Italy at Epcot.

Those come to mind immediately for in-park positive reviews. There have also been several DTD/resort restaurants that have been reviewed positively by Kevin. :goodvibes

That's good to hear. I did hear that they liked the Sushi place, but then this week's review of the hibachi place in Japan was not good-guess where my ADR's are in December??

We've also enjoyed 9 Dragons and these guys seem to HATE that place.

I gave 9 Dragons a decent review. I thought it was ok....not great...not horrible.

Thought Yachtsman Steak House was awesome...same with Narcoosees's.

Also thought Portabella Yacht Club was awesome....and Earl of Sandwich.

If you listen more I think you'll get a more well rounded view.

Also reviewed Orlando Ale House just off property as a low cost alternative to higher Disney prices and gave that high marks.

I'm fully subscribed now, so I should be getting a better idea.

We like Narcoosee's a lot too, I had a birthday dinner there a couple of years ago and was really impressed with the little special touches.

Also, something that some of your listeners might like to know about WDW dining. I have a severe allergy to nuts, have had it all my life. Of every place I have ever been, Disney is the most sensitive to the needs of people with food allergies. At that Narcoosee's birthday dinner, the Chef came out and went over the menu with me, suggesting items that he knew would be safe. He also said that he would prepare ANY item without nuts if I wanted it. That experience had been repeated at Brown Derby, Tony's and even at Crystal Palace! It's really comforting to know that I don't have to worry about something I'm allergic to "sneaking" in to my dinner and ruining my day.

It seems that there are more kids and adults with food allergies these days, so reminding guests to alert the staff when they check in for their ADR can go a long way to helping everyone have a great time.

That's been mentioned previously.

I believe it was part of the Narcoosee's review.

Ok, well it's clear to me that since I haven't heard every episode that I should refrain from posting here.

I'll leave this section of the board for your groupies.

Ok, well it's clear to me that since I haven't heard every episode that I should refrain from posting here.

:sad2: Thats not true at all. But you can't expect to only listen to one or two shows and then come here and start criticizing. Kevin has given several restaurants good reviews and some bad ones but I appreciate his honesty about his experience . And he has said several times that his review is based on the one experience with that restaurant and that every experience is different. He isn't trying to knock Disney and its restaurants he is just sharing his dining experience. I think you should listen to a few more before you get annoyed and give up on the podcasts for good. :)

I think that Kevin has been pretty clear that the reviews are based on the experience of each particular meal. That doesn't mean somebody could have a different experience with their meal. The same thing goes on the dining review board. I see posts there where people had the exact opposite experience we have had. I have also had completely different experiences at the same restaurant on different trips myself.

I enjoy the dining reviews! But then again, I agree with the comments about Landry's. :rolleyes1

Ok...I'm a bit confused. :confused:

In your first post, you asked "Perhaps you could post or talk about places you DO like sometime?"

As I am the podcaster that does the restaurant reviews....I assumed you were talking to me.

I thought I had responded to the question asked and a conversation started.

I apologize if I posted something which offended you. I was just talking about what I do for a living.

If your decision to not post on this board is based on something I said...or didnt say. I'm sorry .

I've gone back and re-read the thread a couple of times and I gotta tell you...I'm not seeing it. Maybe I'm being a bit dense.

Kevin

I don't see it either, Kevin.

The dining reviews must be very hard to structure...you want to balance the fact that it is a theme park with theme park prices, but you also don't want to give them a passing grade because of that....I like the reviews (all except for the Ohana's one as that is my favourite place!)

Kevin, I don't think that you said anything that would be offensive.

I think that the first poster made a comment about how all the reviews that they heard were negative ones. And then those loyal podcasters felt that they should protect you.

Funny, but I thought that the idea of opening a thread was to start a conversation about a particular topic. :confused3

Note to the original poster: Wait until you have caught up on some of the previous podcasts, I love getting to the portion of the show where Kevin reviews the restaurants.

Ok...I'm a bit confused. :confused:

In your first post, you asked "Perhaps you could post or talk about places you DO like sometime?"

As I am the podcaster that does the restaurant reviews....I assumed you were talking to me.

I thought I had responded to the question asked and a conversation started.

I apologize if I posted something which offended you. I was just talking about what I do for a living.

If your decision to not post on this board is based on something I said...or didnt say. I'm sorry .

I've gone back and re-read the thread a couple of times and I gotta tell you...I'm not seeing it. Maybe I'm being a bit dense.

Kevin

I don't get it either, I was surprised to see he/she had more than 2 posts....If you listen to more than 2 podcasts Kevin always give a very open minded honest opinion and clearly tell us to make our own opinion, I never hear them pressure you. (So go on try 9 Dragons and tell us what you think?)

There are good and bad reviews.....it is honest....so go and make your own review and let us know what you think... :)

OT.... I have taken your sugestion and made reservations based on some bad reviews just to form my own educated opinion.....popcorn:: Can Ohana be that bad? :eek: My mom REALLY wants to go to 9 Dragons....:headache: but Peter really swayed me from that, not Kevin....

After I went to 50'sPTC last year I said never again, and Kevins review surprised me and we are going back. That and my 4 year olds plea for Peanut Butter and Jelly milkshake.

BTW sign me up for that shirt...... Kevin's Groupie......hmmmm that could be a fun design........Just no bikinis :idea:

Can't see a problem either.

I think the OP jumped to a conclusion (as many of us have done at one time or another), but Kevin professionally and courteously engaged him in conversation, providing examples that were asked for.

I thought things were going fine.

As for "groupies", there was only one person other than Kevin who had responded before the exit, and I didn't see a problem there either.

:confused3

I've got two months into listening to the Podcast and I have heard several posivite reviews. I booked Narcoossee's for our Jan 2008 trip based on his review.

I can't adress the groupie comment because I don't understand it.

I'd take Fitswimmer's comments as those of a troll but with his/her post count they appear to be a seasoned board vet that should know better that to jump into a conversation without the knowledge needed to make a fair and decent opinionated comment.

I can understand a little of where Fitswimmer's coming from. I've only been "Unplugged" for a little under 2 months now, and I thought the same thing about Kevin's reviews after hearing a few week's worth of podcasts. But that changed a little more each time I heard another podcast.

OP- Maybe you could give it a little more time. You'll start to hear more positive reviews, and even if you hear a not-so-good review very often you'll hear him compare it to a good place he ate at. You'll get a lot more out of the little comments within the podcast (not just the food), and I bet the more you listen to them the more you'll start to notice them.

I do most of my posting on the CB, so I'm hardly thin-skinned. :lmao:

I thought I gave full disclosure that I was fairly new to the podcast, and I really wasn't bothered by the reply that I had missed most of his positive reviews.

What prompted the groupie comment was the reply I got after offering what I thought would be a helpful bit of information for people with food allergies. I got "That's been mentioned previously.' and it really felt to me like-"well, if you listened you would have KNOWN we already said that".

So, I figured, fine-this thread is for long time listeners that know everything about the podcast and the people on it. Hence-groupies.

Hi Fitswimmer, In this type of communicating on the boards, I sometimes find people take things a certain way and it may not be what was meant. I look at the people on the boards as part of a family. You interpret the
"That's been mentioned previously.'
and thought to yourself.
"well, if you listened you would have KNOWN we already said that"
I think if you had turned around and asked "Does anyone have any idea which show it was covered on?" You would find someone would answer back which show it was discussed on or where you can locate the information you are needing. I spent 20 minutes looking back on the show notes area but did not locate the exact show. Here is a tip to help. Link for show notes page can be found below.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-podcast/archives.htm

So as a member of our DIS family I am here to help you (a fellow DIS family member) find your information. Here is the link to food alergies. http://www.wdwinfo.com/tips_for_touring/allergies.htm
Background on this. I found it by using the search feature located at the top of most board pages.
I will add that at all sit down restaurants at WDW the head chef will come out and speak to you on what your alergies are and how they can keep you safe. I know this for a fact because I have a friend that visits several times a year and we do this each time before we order.

Hope this helps you for your original question on food allergies.

Last thought if you allow me. I like to look at a glass of water that is 1/2 a glass of water as half full and not half empty. In this type of forum communications on the boards, I always look at people that take the time for answering a post as someone that is trying to help.

Have a great day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter