Posh Noshing: the big 4-0 and the DXDP Update x 3 and completed 4.14

Loving your reviews! I so want to take an adults only trip to eat at the places I don't dare take my kids!

Great writing and places to eat. Loving the "Posh Nosh" reference; Simon and Minty still rule as does his mother's Aga, LOL.

CG is our fav brunch on property and I try to set up arriving and departing WDW time to accommodate it so I get the love.
Just a head's up; the yeast cake with it's own station served with Bourbon or Grand Marnier is a variation on a baba rhum and I always save space for it.

Last edited:

Dinner: Victoria and Albert’s

I was so excited when we scored a reservation to V&A. About a week before our reservation, I received a telephone call from a British sounding woman from V&A. She was calling to inquire about our names, prefixes (Dr, Ms. Mrs, etc.) and if we had any food allergies/aversions. I had expected this call from my research on V&A. I had already asked Mr. J if he had anything he wanted me to say. He was fine with trying anything. As I had previously mentioned, I am not big on eating fish, but am interested in trying fish in an attempt to find things I like. I figured, if I was going to learn to like creatures of the water, the best place to learn to like it was V&A because it would be best of the best. However, I had been stalking the V&A menu and knew that they might use oysters. I already knew that I really didn’t like oysters/mussels, so I decided to tell them that, just in case. :)

After spending the day at AK, we headed back to hotel to get fancied up. Mr. J wore a suit, complete with suspenders and a Mad Hatter’s pin. I wore a long black dress with a fabulous necklace, heels, and a shawl that my MIL had gotten me in Italy. I felt like we were prom dates. Ha ha. Mr. J.had never been to the Grand Floridian before. Valet came with our meal, so our vehicle was taken care of. They had live musicians playing in the lobby area that set the mood.

NJYZ8Vyl06hmBdf4Bm3FKUwcgh8qAKnXiCB57Kihf65xABLsK8LFLTil9loP_xRJORhKmsipJHpJD-WGqqu3oPe6MoY9VNvV-Gy0ETrx4mzHWDLk62fqR2NSP11q0l7pE4IcAPs2

V&A shares a foyer type area with another signature restaurant. There was a large group in the foyer area. However, the V&A Maitre D’ was on the lookout for our 5:30 PM arrival and walked to us and greeted us before we even made it to the restaurant. He also checked on us periodically throughout the meal to see how things were and told us some meal facts. It helped set the tone to the meal and made us feel very well taken care of.

I did not take very many photographs of the restaurant itself, out of courtesy of the other diners due to its intimate setting and because I didn’t want to seem like a low-class weirdo photographing everything. We were assigned two very attractive male waiters, who advised us that we could take photographs, but to turn off the flash as not to disturb other diners. They must have known we would want to take photos, because they told us without us even asking. :) I took a quick photograph of the ceiling dome in the center of the room. There was also a harpist who played all sorts of music, from classics, Disney, Pop, etc. No photos of her because she was behind me to my left.

u4aVtYtyM5fBsXDqn2NH0BoEoEIOk3EGJYFapcC1qtE4XQxCNFIKsaEaUcTN7ijri7QYUie-fObUILuzo6Ln4Zsd96NthcagaQ1Q-cU3T9EGCS2l8hA6MKTXvUK1PW0_4C7Fsprt

I had been wavering on whether or not to get the wine pairing, as I don’t really drink wine and it was a pricey add on. However, upon my arrival, I decided that I was going to go all out with this once in a lifetime dining experience. Like my sentiments with the fish, I had thought that if I was going to try wine, this would be the place to try it to learn if I liked it and because it was specially picked to enhance the dishes. I was glad that I chose to do this. I learned that I enjoyed white wines, but the reds were not something I would go for. I found that the pairings did enhance the food. Oddly, at the end of the meal, after all the wines, I ended up having weird white circles on my tongue and my inside cheeks were irritated. Not painful, but weird. I told Mr. J I had three white circles (not bumps) on my tongue. He was like, why were you looking at your tongue in the bathroom? Hee hee. I explained that I had done a teeth check (making sure nothing in my teeth) and noticed my tongue was weird. It all went away that evening and was not uncomfortable. I am pretty positive that it came from the red wines. Maybe something to do with tannins or the fact that I was not used to wine and is acidic?

Since I mentioned the bathroom, I will talk a little about that. Since the meal lasted about 3.5 hours, I went to the bathroom several times (a lot of liquid!). Along with the Matire D’, there was a female Matire D’ type person, who stayed near the front of the restaurant. She would refold my napkin and adjust my chair each time I went to the restroom. Mr. J. received the same service, but from one of our male servers. I teased Mr. J hat he was a messy eater because they used a special metal tool to scoop the bread crumbs off of his seat, which they did not do for me.

mUxfxkcYnd-sCJeRP7LU__3gi_pr394prOJei3gqFe-vc76PMnaklUGkSI7N4Y18rOFtlTClF8eu7Loyiq3MK52SnhT2Pme-cOZNpYhFqOvdDJqrSacU1LhBo2ogZIQLb8lWLGwt

*After Mr. J left to use the bathroom, they folded his napkin and placed it on his chair as such.

Interjection to note that my husband asked me what I am working on and when I told him, he cackled and told me I was a huge nerd to be writing this food blog. Food Nerds Unite!

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
V&A Dinner Continued....

Onto the meal:

Mr. J’s drink. This was a bacon infused whiskey and the side glass had alcohol foam that accompanied it. The foam started to settle by the time I took this picture. He really enjoyed it. I took a tiny sip and I could really taste the bacon. It was good. I don’t recall all the details, but they age it themselves and do special stuff with the bacon. Mr. J said that the bacon garnish was the best bacon he ever tasted.I took a nibble and it was delish.

JCV4EKLqGaeJjRcw0uJ5ro3EiofDuZ3RI8iEqB1FZC6DjI1Hx6Iygx3K4jsD8u7DYbFIvUz3pYLmDdwjXc0J8tLSzNj35f8yD3mKXP6s9jZLF1XjrcXTqiL8J6kXqDoqO51dPuXe

Dish 1: Imperial Caviar with Salsify and Leeks.

This was supposed to be served with oysters, but since I don't eat those, mine was served with a root vegetable. Don't remember the name, as I had never had it before, but it was good.

Wine: Billecart-Salmon Brut Reserve NV

36y7h3uB8eiGpB_MRP1k99JvKe4GuoLOpD26eWo559E32P0A4zWSGLHD4beTO_BmLiFaUyCp0hSyy8YP8Jax4m-iJhE5mCFFXHx32NxbKRPO0uf1pr8eKLkI90T6qB42Q8gQsr08

MQjDs2owYUTR4BRro6k0RPUsJCBNDRL8zDg8S-48hjqcBMwul6_FvfiGwucvXkq5bgFZbzoMqGthSp5i0avj30ryToPuXQkxd_mVoX2psHbtXmAvuol4nEuBA0G9Vqgyd9kPgsI7

A photograph of our first bread, butter, and Himalayan salt.

VhoKTUd2ZYD8dbaEyjw9-LEdteWxeb9SmRaeqhMPokI7LqkzARqQD2WI1nh9YbVMcm6G3_wb0pKy0fjO1FKVZFT3v895TMVj711F3L-S5zA8bedpjDtNCbiNToLCdW68jcrSfFZB

Dish 2: Maine Lobster, Celery Root, and Finger Limes.

Is this presentation not the cutest! So good. I learned that Finger Limes are a type of citrus that are firm and pop on the tongue like caviar. The flavor is kind of lemony lime with a hint of fresh herbs. Referred to as citrus caviar.

Wine: Domaine Costal Vaillons 1er Cru-2016

cL19Re9t3r9eMt0TL8qTJQulNyJRDJf1cmAAXw8LFkskLqrai90flJGywiRBQYjPdDYsQjl5dmB2q2zM-6pc-BlF5Ixqjj_tjbMvAs21NfWZflHQE7QtSt_vOvo-U3BcHGi2Pqg0

Dish 3: Galcier 51 Tooth Fish, Haricot Tabais and Savoy Cabbage Broth

Here, I learn that I do like fish! And that broth was amazing. I wanted to like the plate. Glacier 51 Toothfish is found in the Australian sub-Antarctic territory around Heard Island, a staggering 4,109 km from mainland Australia.

Wine: Matthiason White Blend, Napa 2015

D9jgnYa3rI-AWYCuEAZs4MsuSoIWCgBhhaEZlIPw0mFwjbgP0VsNDlHgmu1IDrUB9ltfBBQO6REa7jF7qsR9jwlOhIXkrKEiKfEPsyS9T1w6ydzeAohNi5qL_hNKJgCR_tnO3Znr

Dish 4: Wild Turbot with Toasted Capers and Preserved Lemon

This was an add on for $35. It was SO delicious. I was glad that I decided to be “brave” and pay extra for some fish.

Wine: Because it was an add-on, it did not come with its own wine.

X0_gKeWfjobGCyQi4O3CE48QZnZSoqp4kFMcPvIJUP69j01_stvt16OyNn898TXe1e5tq1Q8EoBPto8qXLiofwP1qolQ8FjZZuyoGqaP2Wxb2OdkSYbmKF56wlZn8PCha3H2SMl0

Dish 5: This was a chef’s gift, so it was not on the menu. A gnocchi with quail egg. Cooked in 45 degree water and the texture of the egg was done to match the gnocchi. Incredible.

j_sWZ70T5h59iegLnweiv-BT5-0ANGUQNrsoXpg4K0DI76rclKweQjvfvLh1BtoCvFAPB-z2Ir6HzazHnam6TLB3UOBgQ07_X5aXL0FpET18zb_lJT5ZkOrL9XSiEEng9EgvZuFv

Fresh warm ciabatta bread with rosemary. Herb infused butter. This bread was SO incredibly good with that butter. Thankfully they just give you one, otherwise I would have eaten more of it and ran out of room!

5NrLQlDQlSAOiuID6scKJpwzwnnja3jgdKRPLmsx5tuqfSkk8kVFyCcu3ehG0chZViAdY7QN1GbCmTtKjU4ifa5m8rFEjBXMpGBKDGcJwPQn75Ypip_gDAaCbQ5cW7EfF4fHW3Y5

Dish 6: Honey Lacquered Rohan Duck, Sweet Potato Mosaic, and Walnuts

Wine: Pulenta Estate, Gran Malbec X, Mendoza 2014

ssuWtZl3JWSRfOMvWYAIxGhTLZHZrQDzSTrE97BlTyTQHFHSygdLUJYLXCaJ7yS2qqnHzEmKjhEARjRbO9d90g5ucgYjLdRDXaPRdWKeEG_TO8hsZFHTKUEFXlaFQMuXokOk8-fd

Close-up of the Duck. I don’t remember what the sauces were, but I loved the one in the middle with the duck.

TrtFt4_c58v8nJJMjbacPCedIf1bApTShPVXL1eJQq_1SNeoUS_bhWvnyx4dhZPEW6MJ21ddwzwdHGr3qpm8zcpiWwN3sFGahv2_qCd5Yje9JLEHzf35LeAdP-CqAkwfBi3XB0NQ

Dish 7: New Zealand Elk Tenderloin, Borscht Consomme, and Huckleberries

Tender and flavorful. This was my first time having Huckleberries!

Wine: Jarvis Cabernet Franc, Napa 2016

A_G7ZCcPce0OE_HhjY677NuPw2eSYVNmr9SmsmaIBE1p9Wz-I2P4V7yWIV3bNfG9KMRlmPEnLi-6h5DpDou-DwAyj_lBOywxL3prwtFYzuZfxIcFdtrmWyfz7P0ROqlY2Hrds9_b

Dish 8: Australian Kobe-style Beef with Bone Marrow Pain Perdu and Hedgehogs

宮崎牛 Miyazaki Japanese Beef Add-on: $55.00

I did not intend to get this add-on, but the waiters misunderstood Mr. J when he ordered this as his add-on, because he said we would like to get the Japanese Beef. Then I said, I would like the fish add-on. After the server left the table, I said to Mr. J that I wondered if the waiter thought he ordered for me to, even though I made a separate order. In the end, I did not say anything and was so glad that I got it. Having the two beefs together was a fantastic way to taste the differences. The Kobe was top-notch, but the Miyazaki was over the moon fabulous, as it almost totally melted in your mouth it was so tender. No joke. The sides were mushrooms and potatoes. The Bone Marrow Pain Perdu was soooo good.

Wine: Jayson Pahlmeyer Bordeaux Blend, Napa 2016

istPqlz1ZdEA_l4261O9QnzNx7aH-lVLuA9Ar-kvGcBs2DZYfo8A7OFk-RPUbLTsZGZyvaMq44fHASPV9eVg63NpP4TmsGF-YWYyJ-LvkDm3W7yqD9Modq1g0eRfgd5RH-7L1UvF

CsauCmkEVDEQ3dviH1WEO4L3D5DdIvXoMk1xDbRO--RW1lQX_uCmUkny7PETfBGLdu0NUIuvE7JgyqXvaWO_kHvmIo__wQsSOZ6LLb3HmKJWwMqWESwdejRCq9lMSs7UMoBn9cRf

xf25Po9f_JD2zzwO-1DRh6HsN15aLE3rX9F2GTNHttZPbVT0pT4vgqY_1JjbQiN0WpBrXwRMumLLihlYdktAnb7Q2OWXN10WlG22LhR-q_B29_pOmvU3kSCn0IliE7GJ_SI1NNoS

nIJkdwtNnq0UJDz_vZLUN6k9x_PiIaR7nJ4pO254WIAnZs9RDOEbqH2UUKtBce5FahpbYGyHbjrQlHjK8RTSs_RfJB3mVEqHCtZZmbp9lIp8JQ2NJbu9-xYv9JRd0IdJvesXeN7h

I do not drink coffee, but Mr. J does. I ordered tea and they made it the same way as the made the coffee, in this special brewer. It was cool to watch. I did not photograph my tea. It was a Vanilla Roobois. Mr. J. loved the coffee. We were told it was the Grand Floridian blend.

xYpSLXLS_2GiMzN7YHkcaKqOyh-IZGfNjwFJ6m9G_r5rNToQiuKI1Kp6eDPoT6S4D4Qpwdtb_BKrDzCTeiw_1aWL6jBuL0zRNtm8LOLEfWGwPnlRvlMEEcjkp_eY6P60mUFRbyvS

V&A Dinner continued, post 3 of 3

Dish 9: Colston Basset Stilton Cheesecake with Burgundy Pears

This was the cheese course. You were given an option of this or some sort of sorbet. Glad I went with this. It was like a lite blue cheese cheesecake.

Wine: Famille Perrin Muscat Beaumes de Venise, Rhone 2015

MdPzKx-DD__NFsBu4xeFmkBi7Apch9LAlE7cosbFPrMhVF8sapkupECBQGikCgn02gV2v_uafdXOGRdgHzAXEuyB7-XdQ5sCvD0ptOq90QVYMLw4BHtkvHEhERl8yBxVq3cdKsAd

This next photo had us laughing a great deal. See, at the California Grill Brunch Mr. J had tried a cheese and then told me to try it. I tried it because I figured it was good since he was asking me to taste it. It was horrible! We called it Grandma’s stinky feet cheese. Well, when presented with the cheesecake at V&A, Mr. J was apprehensive to try it and told our cute server about Grandma’s stinky cheese feet, which once again cracked us up. This tasted nothing like Grandma’s feet.

vLZWDcgnq5YObzZ0TP8wBKAoXEeX04Be7Yl5KIAYajsxcSRgKX3yji1xx-8xvhC2sOti58g9W4YYTKmm5016VwILz5q3OkVlBBZk5_6KOOKZaRUKdnhgVVaoSYytFTPyTwo5R7Li

Dish 10: Chef’s treat, not on the menu. This was light and good. I don’t remember all the ingredients, except those dark little pellets were hibiscus crystals.

A9_LznhnC8-OcntFlTbaCdpU43lGdhqWKE-yYvyfaS9wA7E5CQycucZim5_PodE3c5_cXcTnk5ANoI_AgFslskVX7aEKxE2Wbw8snh7TG6Ec2n1IZT7vinAfGMzn83-u_m5PbHEJ

Dish 11: Chocolate Bolivan Tart with Creme de Mint and Chambard Black Currant Sauce.

Mmmmmm chocolate. Perfect end to a perfect meal.

Hu20g9CSgbUKfacECg4M9rEmI5McxZueuRxvG4UKIxzcyC-RaJEhrCURspP3EIWKI6ELSAyCZfqjr3aqJMBmlC6HGiY__2z-DV8ieqAgR6bKfoScy4qoeoKkrwuNiEOcy1eXv5pd

At the end of our meal, our server asked us to select some chocolates that were presented to us on a cart. Since we did not have room, he packed us each our own little box and chose for us. He stuffed the little box full of chocolates! This was really kind of of him! I forgot to take a photograph, but they were wonderful. Mr. J received a special loaf of breakfast bread for his birthday. I received a long stem rose. They took photographs of us at the table and in their special foyer. The entire experience was AMAZING. We were catered to, without feeling stifled. Our servers interacted with us and told us information about our drinks and dishes. I was worried about feeling out of place, but I did not. We were presented with personalized menus on quality card stock in silver envelopes.

To be honest, I almost don't want to type the price here, even though you can look it up. It always annoys me with DIS commentators make judgey mcjudgerson comments like they would never pay that much, it is as much as their mortgage, yada yada. Was this a lot of money? Yes. Was it worth it? In MY eyes, YES. Everything was incredible and it was not just a meal, but an experience that I greatly appreciated. I have worked hard all my life and spend so much time doing for others and not myself, so I was happy to do something for ME. :)

Price: $235 per guest, not counting the add-ons, which were $90 for me.

Wine Pairing: 150

Total: $475 + tax

The bill was presented to us in little black boxes. I used a Disney Gift Card to pay (because I got it slightly discounted from Sam’s Club), which was totally okay to pay with. I tipped more than 20% because of how awesome our servers were. This was a major splurge, but for me, well well worth it. I really want to return with my husband one day, but it will be awhile because our youngest is too young for daycare services.

Afterwards, we returned to our resort, where we went for a walk along the river. A lovely end to a lovely evening.

n2zkLs0JbAPyogZZazTlOozAdPIk9RLzm1JUJwgkn4IC8Vmmfn7nLsUJlCHz8D-1NWgxf-NzjPAVYQHwjf6OgfQZDFLCFwV1cVQ36ziALOjIktmvG06ef_njauxC0GFEax3ltGeu

Loving your reviews! I so want to take an adults only trip to eat at the places I don't dare take my kids!

Kids are totally welcome at the signature restaurants, which is why I also enjoy Disney. The kids menus there are always so accommodating. They can eat good quality food too, that is tempered to kids palates. I think you should take them to one some times, you will be pleasantly surprised. :)

Last edited:
Great writing and places to eat. Loving the "Posh Nosh" reference; Simon and Minty still rule as does his mother's Aga, LOL.

CG is our fav brunch on property and I try to set up arriving and departing WDW time to accommodate it so I get the love.
Just a head's up; the yeast cake with it's own station served with Bourbon or Grand Marnier is a variation on a baba rhum and I always save space for it.

The first time I went to CG, it was Grand Marnier crepes. This was SO much better! I hope that the next time we make it to the CG brunch, they have the Baba Rhum so my husband can try it.... and I can have more. ;) Thanks for letting me know the real name!

Last edited:
I knew I should have talked my husband into V&A! That looked amazing. I am loving your review. Can't wait to hear more.

The first time I went to CG, it was Grand Marnier crepes. This was SO much better! I hope that the next time we make it to the CG brunch, they have the Baba Rhum so my husband can try it.... and I can have more. ;) Thanks for letting me know the real name!
I would like the crepes the next time I go just to compare them to the other dessert myself... I mean you could make a mistake and all, LOL.

Loving your pics at V+A! Definitely a meal to remember and worth every penny that will not be found in my will. Instead the family will get the memory that I had a good time spending their inheritance...oops :lmao:.

We opted out on the Wagyu beef enhancement when we went and gosh now ya went and made me regret it.:cool:

Loving your pics at V+A! Definitely a meal to remember and worth every penny that will not be found in my will. Instead the family will get the memory that I had a good time spending their inheritance...oops :lmao:. We opted out on the Wagyu beef enhancement when we went and gosh now ya went and made me regret it.:cool:

Ha ha. You are too funny. I suppose you just need to go again to try the beef!
;)

I knew I should have talked my husband into V&A! That looked amazing. I am loving your review. Can't wait to hear more.

There is still time to make a reservation right? Or an excuse for 26th anniversary trip!

To be honest, I almost don't want to type the price here, even though you can look it up. It always annoys me with DIS commentators make judgey mcjudgerson comments like they would never pay that much, it is as much as their mortgage, yada yada. Was this a lot of money? Yes. Was it worth it? In MY eyes, YES. Everything was incredible and it was not just a meal, but an experience that I greatly appreciated. I have worked hard all my life and spend so much time doing for others and not myself, so I was happy to do something for ME. :)

YOU GO!!!!!

It is YOUR money to do with it what you want!!

Sounds like it was a great experience, everyone should indulge once in their lifetime, our food experience, I don't call it a "meal" as it is much, much more! Out first experience was at the Bellagio in Las Vegas, 9 course meal, and took roughly about 3 hours with that magic crumb picker upper.......was very expensive but it was probably 19 years ago, when they first opened up, I honestly dont remember the name but it was a Michael Mina, Michelin star chef restaurant and still remember it, so glad you enjoyed it, keep the review coming, thanks!!!

So glad you had a wonderful experience at V&A. Everything looked fabulous! I have always wanted to go, maybe one day. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Wonderful review and pics of V&A. Thank you so much for sharing your "dream dinner."

Kudos for going out of your comfort zone and trying new things. So many people think they don't like certain ingredients, but in many cases it's because they never had GOOD fish/mushrooms/game/whatever.

I'm glad to see they still have the wild turbot w/ capers and lemon. I've had it several times over the years and it's always "goosebumps good."

Fun fact: the oysters in your first course were replaced with salsify, a root vegetable also known as "oyster plant." Very clever substitution!

I love how they get all of the little service details just right. That level of perfection is getting pretty rare these days.

YOU GO!!!!!

It is YOUR money to do with it what you want!!

Sounds like it was a great experience, everyone should indulge once in their lifetime, our food experience, I don't call it a "meal" as it is much, much more! Out first experience was at the Bellagio in Las Vegas, 9 course meal, and took roughly about 3 hours with that magic crumb picker upper.......was very expensive but it was probably 19 years ago, when they first opened up, I honestly dont remember the name but it was a Michael Mina, Michelin star chef restaurant and still remember it, so glad you enjoyed it, keep the review coming, thanks!!!

I like your sentiments. :) I like how the memory of your extravagant Bellagio dinner has stayed with you nearly 20 years later. Very cool. Since that first experience, have you done many since? Have you ever done V&A?

So glad you had a wonderful experience at V&A. Everything looked fabulous! I have always wanted to go, maybe one day. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Put it on your bucket list! I did, and it happened sooner than I expected. :)

Wonderful review and pics of V&A. Thank you so much for sharing your "dream dinner."

Kudos for going out of your comfort zone and trying new things. So many people think they don't like certain ingredients, but in many cases it's because they never had GOOD fish/mushrooms/game/whatever.

I'm glad to see they still have the wild turbot w/ capers and lemon. I've had it several times over the years and it's always "goosebumps good."

Fun fact: the oysters in your first course were replaced with salsify, a root vegetable also known as "oyster plant." Very clever substitution!

I love how they get all of the little service details just right. That level of perfection is getting pretty rare these days.

I love that you know these facts! Do you have a culinary background? Since the trip, I have bought some Mahi Mahi, which is individually frozen. Not the same I know, but I thought I would try experimenting with cooking with fish at home. :)

Great reviews! V&A looks like a dream meal, I would be so sad to get full!

Thanks you! It was a very content feeling to be done. I was full, but not ridiculously stuffed. All the portions were just right!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts