Posh Noshing: the big 4-0 and the DXDP Update x 3 and completed 4.14

elsbit

Using colors bold and bright
Intro Part 1:

Who: Elsbit, a gal and her friend, the birthday boy Mr. J
The Trip: A road trip to Disney for a 5 night stay at the Port of Orleans Riverside in January 2019

The Background:

Me, I am late to the Disney game. My family never went to the land of magic when I was growing up. We never had the finances to travel as a family. My dad's idea of a good time was taking us fishing two summers in Minnesota. When I graduated 8th Grade, my dad took just me to Adventureland in Iowa. I remember riding a wooden roller coaster. I swear I am not THAT ancient.

636014378072299149-Tornado.jpg

The first time I went to Disney was in 2014. My husband's had a work trip scheduled in Florida, so he suggested that the kids and I (daughters were around 5.5 and 2.5) go with so we could do one day at Disney. We stayed at the Pop Resort in early April. I did NO planning for this trip (amateur!), other than to make a brunch reservation at 1900 Park Fare. To be honest, my memory of this trip, even thought it was not long ago is fuzzy. I think this is due to the fact that while at Disney, I received a telephone call that my grandmother had died. I think that diminished the magic a bit for me and dimmed my memory. I distinctly remember the man's face who played the Mad Hatter, cold strawberry soup (overrated) and some sort amazing lobster Hollandaise sauce. We ate at Casey's. Beyond that, I only remember a few rides, my youngest trying on Minnie ears, and seeing the Easter eggs at the Grand Floridian. I remember riding the Aladdin Magic Carpet ride and looking over the Magic Kingdom and feeling very disconnected from all of the vibrancy going on around me and thinking it was odd to be at a theme park when having just learned someone died. Approximately, 3.5 months later, my beloved step-father unexpectedly died. He was so close to retirement, yet never got to experience that lifestyle he had planned and saved for. His death sparked me to plan an ultimate "once in a lifetime" Christmas trip to Disney in December 2015. So often I had put off taking vacations because there was always something 'more important' to spend our money on. After his death, I adapted the viewpoint of you only live once, don't wait until you retire to have your fun. Because I never got to take family vacations (other than 2 fishing trips), it was important to me to let my kids experience that. So long story short, we went on that epic Disney Christmas once in a lifetime vacation and we used the DDP. I expected to hate it because I don't like crowds, get motion sick, and am not into the saccharine sweet princess world. Boy was I wrong! We had SUCH a great magical time that we went again in October 2016 for one of the Halloween parties. The day we were supposed to go to the Halloween party, I learned that I was pregnant with my 3rd. In a way, it was a complete surprise because I had taken a pregnancy test before we left on vacation and it was negative. So what is a girl to do when she didn't get to ride any fun rides? Plan a trip for 2018!

My family went DXDP in May 2018 and it was a fantastic experience that I meant to write about, but did not get around to it. :/ Captain Lazy here with always the best intentions. Honestly, I ADORE the extreme planning of our Disney vacations. I plan and plan and make color coded spreadsheets. This is honestly really fun for me and would help me decompress from a stressful work day (weirdo much? haha). Part of what helped me so much was reading other reviews, so I thought I would add to the compilation and post my review from this trip. :D

This time, I am going with my friend Mr. J, who was celebrating the big 4-0! We have been friends since 2004. (Yes, my husband is okay with this. Now Mr. J's mom was originally aghast [yes we are grown-ups...]. She was aghast because I am a married woman traveling across multiple state lines with another man (no joke, this was said), totally ignoring the fact that her son prefers gentleman, that I am married, and we are just friends!! However, I invited her to Christmas dinner and she gave her stamp of approval. I guess she decided that I was not so scandalous and so-not-a-seductress after spending time with me, my horde of children, husband, and in-laws. Though this still makes me laugh, that I am like the scandalous BFF crossing state lines on the way to a scandalous Disney vacation, where we plan to overindulge in food and drink. *clutches pearls*

Mr. J had not been to DW since he was younger, had never stayed on property, and had only dined at quick service. I had so much to show him! He was totally cool with letting me take the reins and do all the planning. I would send him my little Google Docs Excel Spreadsheet with color coded nerdieness to keep him apprised of all of the awesomeness. I sent him menu links, reviews, and photos to help make decisions.

The different thing about this trip, was that we decided to do it 3 months out. That meant I was already late to the dining reservation game! Oh the planning to be done!

This time I used Touring Plans to help score hard-to-get reservations. Oh-My-Word! This proved to be an amazing decision because it helped me score a reservation to Victoria and Albert's. I may have squealed and frantically pawed at my phone with my not-so-nimble fingers in a frenzy trying to make sure I nabbed the coveted reservation. I got it, and then convinced Mr. J that we had to keep it. Bless his heart, I won over his frugality and he agreed to a once-in-a-lifetime meal. My foodie heart swooned. TP Reservation Finder also helped me grab some other hard to get reservations that I really wanted, like California Grill Brunch. Woo!

Now what you are actually wanting to know. Where did we eat. The down and dirty nitty gritty details (oink):

California Grill Brunch
Hoop Dee Doo Revue
Tiffins
Victoria and Alberts
Akershus Royal Banquet
Eat around the World-Festival of Arts
Monsieur Paul (this was swapped to Kona, due to a long day)
BOG PPO Breakfast aka my expensive fast pass
Skipper Canteen
Liberty Tree
Paddlefish
50s Prime Time
Keys to the Kingdom Surprise lunch
Jiko

Last edited:
Intro Part 2:

So I am one of those lurkie loos who has read posts for years, but rarely comments. I actually feel like I know so much about many of you (and could recognize some in the parks), but recognize that you don't know much about me.

Randomness about me:

• Mom to 3 kids-10, 7, 1. This vacation was a much needed escape from working full-time and wrangling my kids, who I affectionately call my minions.
  • Favorite Park: MK
  • Least Favorite Park: Epcot
  • Least Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror. I was once trapped alone in an elevator while on the job for over 30 minutes. The gears were smoking because they were stuck (so I thought it was on fire) and when it became unstuck the elevator dropped between floors to compensate for what the gears had turned. The fire department had to get me out by prying open the doors . I rarely blush, but my face turned as red as my hair when I saw all the fireman. I literally jumped out the elevator, as it did not stop to the floor, squeaked that I was fine and ran away horrified, as the building had been evacuated (I worked at another nearby location).
  • Favorite Rides: Splash Mt., Space Mt, FOP, Slinky Dog, Haunted Mansion... should I go on? haha
  • Food Likes: Cheese, desserts, um, pretty much anything. I believe garlic is a necessary requirement for culinary delight and use more than required when cooking. Two cloves? Childs play! ha
  • Food Dislikes: Fish/seafood (working on it), super rare meat, duck, deer.
  • Disney 2019 Food Goal: Eat at a lot of Signature restaurants and to use the Deluxe plan to try different things I have never eaten before. I figure we will have so much food, I will not feel bad if I am "wasteful" and do not like whatever fish I order.

Alright, enough about me...

SummerSunburstSignLetsEat.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-9_18-9-47.jpeg
    upload_2019-3-9_18-9-47.jpeg
    16.1 KB · Views: 2
I am looking forward to your DR, especially V&A.

Reading what your friends Mom said made me laugh so hard. Glad you got the stamp of approval. ;)

Long time lurker here too and just started posting.

Day 1

vrB2-PY6w8UI8cOhYCOell_uGLpp773hIHRacFD2tufHPFcL0cZakby3x2DCzCLclE2HtIARAYNYzHhq6AAwKO_wxq9AhZw7AuG1KoU_o4IoIFOrgMLxP4dZ1K-47uu1OydQY3Zj

Sunday: Arrival Day!

Plans: Resort Hopping, starting off with Brunch at California Grill

I had been here one time before, and once again, brunch proved to be amazing. The ambiance is lovely with the view and the musicians playing. We did have this couple seated next to us and for some reason, the guy would NOT stop staring throughout the whole meal. When they got up to get more food, I eventually told Mr. J, who said he was going to stare him down for me to get him to stop. Ha ha. It was just very weird. He was not staring in a lewd way, but almost in a voyeuristic way that made me feel awkward.

Moving on:

We received complimentary champagne with little bobo balls in them (that is what I call them). We were given the option to continue to receive unlimited champagne refills, or opt for an alcohol drink. Mr. J. got a Mai Tai. I wanted to try a Bloody Mary, as I I had never had a Bloody Mary before. As I stood hesitantly in front of the Bloody Mary bar, a very kind server came up to me and helped me out. He was SO nice. While a sign places a limit on the number of garnishments, he said it didn’t matter and stuffed any items I wanted in my drink. The mix is house made, so it tasted very fresh and flavorful. I opted for some sort of pickled Brussel sprout, cheese stuffed green olives, candied bacon, some salami from Italy, and some sort of house made sausage stick that I referred to as a fancy Slim Jim. It was good. I also got some spicy salted goodness on the rim, that also made its way on my chin and neck, because I am oh-so-dainty.

sWo2iAQyoYPuLh6lVnh19Mmiz7H0hPvvAQ-rZ-FeIirGlz-r_vclu0f31czI369M4aNMHtGANIXOcVEMbX8WzjvZtly5rinboczNth6tAZrwwKuvpg1Ls1BeHePqa1l74kgITnWc

My Bloody Mary counted as one the included drink.

lcb_5WDZhHLIAgBhRZ-dHOMmsCqghGo6KTSPwdgpkrLJB7hlu0k22ANameniPIq5U9ptwe3kxbQTP-2lz8emDr5HnDv95zUV2VMv1M4RhBjbcYDxNU-74UrSC9kmbQFVEh7sfQdo

The “appetizer buffet” was super yummy. I tried to eat lightly off of it because I knew we were going to continue to pig out during the meal.

xZ6shZhS6d7MDIloTmdDuvlHyLEjXn934caLznlmjafKjA6h_hXT5apIGhT9bwnGdvpFOxqfln8i_-BpaclPs5g6_T8j2REeqmbrtag2_sWPgnIIZRq3If6A9bnB3cplATnkkkrX

I didn't really take photographs of Mr. J.’s appetizer plates, but he did not eat as lightly.

sYih7cVBFHfTh_w33LULRv5xT--dAjQFHiPcfZpE2X961HgVgxFW5x5q2-GJQ1h2ROn6kZ_otk_8Hr8mMLEpD5o5U1FNU16VU7aEgqm2BCKHTHK0LnBfYxreS73d9gChN-zZgY8b

Okay, so I totally did not take notes at meals, and I should have taken notes of what exactly this heavenly goodness was. It does not look amazing at all, but this was one of my favoritest things I ate the whole week (not counting V&A foods). Just thinking about it makes me want to marry it. It had some really weird name like balboa? It had a bourbon caramel thing going on and the ice cream tasted like Grand Marnier. It did not overtly taste like alcohol though, which I liked. It was so incredibly good, not extremely sweet. So good that I had meant to share with my friend, but ate the entire thing myself! Oops And I REALLY wanted to get another, but did not, as you will see....

_6XSazc8gFuDTzgp3tA4EhHA3rB0M55oPtXaIZzLRUiLrIbZgvG7qRiqFvhmJLUgh3mHmPuhDf-W9G1gG3BndwNihmMyLc0PMtSD89Zk5Lv9NrBYiYEXVAKI8GgfBKnAyBSyAeT2

Why no 2nd serving of what dreams are made of? Well, we opted to get two entrees each because our server encouraged it. While we did not do this, our server also encouraged on lobster tails to any dish! Mr. J got Shrimp and Grits and the Shakshooka. He was amazed by how huge the shrimp was!

a5TlewjOSB_6Dba_X_89NMgpAOmCXyU9QQBBCim0VsGUnr4ZmbBRFR1vQzKV-JgN_0zq2mRoddfNxEwXdwFMXlEeK7iXjZYN0u9N5zgHh1IakaGnmYwtg9Q1xVBXCAqGrvVgrGwQ

*Laughing about the gigantor shrimp.

EeMPYiB4IeM0oa1xicqVHWNFkLuQt-wou7-6iDlRJjkW-YQJCalrdPVm41OzsMRjDYuTUqf7BTr9GzZD77edrS0ZvfkxS5MXoiOnSI-iootNfq4iJeFliT-wzbEQQVt9l7JNckYk

*This photograph gives you an idea of the size of Mr. J.'s entrees.

Neither of us particularly liked the Shakshooka, but the person seated at the table next to us (not the creeper) loved the depths of flavors. I think it is a matter of taste. The pita type bread that came with it was very soft and airy.

I got the lobster eggs benedict and the blood orange chicken and waffle. They were generous with the lobster. I enjoyed this dish, but it did get cold quickly because I had too many foods to focus on. In the future, I think I would ask to bring this dish first, and a 2nd dish maybe 10 minutes later.

J2tR1Rt99mSOdZg7QuyOb61E6yK8VMBjEB4pklZDOyl1fOCthgEdv5CI-BIofWiZb7d4lMW6Z3XYDnD2rM5joljfV2QVkYPE5_FXd_2CbQ0m0PSNQG-o3AtuXGvnq2l29QoyxBoE

The chicken and waffle did not do much for me, but I was glad to have been able to try it. Again, that was a matter of my taste, not the quality of food. I know this tends to be a very popular dish with others.

q6qCbvVAhq7o6L7sDzqIwuO-U9EEVBfak9xl1x4gdEBUi1piO68HCpQWCoEUHFZBg7exjiUnuABEGESqlnbUmN8apJKS0Jqcm64w2cqkb-9zkUKIpnl3Awz98e82n4A93GZzUGWZ

YDS6IWekZ9g8agf2fjU_pwT38IMiX2KkePkHrUCaq0KWN5Hk1KXlO2F6OjdDax4mbZV2_pT5wedXYAZ6jdbEzf4JmzlhJArjXZob3aN-Hk7n5oRuJAbi2j7bJx80oPFgmzfX6Rxm

This photograph reminded me we also ordered a side of bacon. This bacon was high quality, as it was thick and not too salty. They were very generous with their portions of everything.

Funny moment during our meal was when Mr. J. thought the sugar cubes were a candy and tried to eat one, so you know I totally had to take a photograph to document his hilarious mistake.

pKicEkaaxjHb8h1pV9K6PB65rsagyboVl-ZITnEsXbmqCiP6V2yerfGOj1DvzX-y-jvqEjyo3PgFN-jJ88d83nIZyL8vjhU_8NIJVirXL5iiLYtan0TfpfSFO3tRvIqore9g5qlX

*NOT CANDY
:rotfl2:

At the end of the meal, you receive pastries and chocolates. I liked the chocolates, but did not particularly care for the pastries. I sampled them all and we took the remains back to the room. They were the same ones as my family had received in May 2018. Last time, when I was with my family, we did not have room and we took them back to the room, where no one ate them. That happened again this time.

HvBy-D59F3uLQdBom6XK1ZKhRk8DJTNfFDpVQSmiRLD0dn7Ffpmk8Zc7CnO_lIcejcYilLJXXlgCoZtfHlzrkK6HXLpMw4IvUFthIPOf_ujn23K-Py-fsraD_Xu_PncE1BMdAGZ8

y3a14fhXvG86o8ampA9kkXn5Hp59ZLcy907sjT5Gz1ky4eqDvpK236lJE3Dkcc52cxgcAiWvWVERwZ8r8pv1eL1VnS18-5uc6AIvBxnzA4G94vrFiH0bybeZKvanPCiCMHlR-Q6g

Summary:

IQMrMtRdDgSUYcxQOKESuSS8MSVbn6Cu0I28qSKZ_RCmJrBbHOkPtyGlMefoa4Y_EANBFts5qE863K-jl3_ICSWLh2XCtV9bySZZJlAlbubS2cEJjaOsP4TP_mIqyX2z9h_BJAgL

This brunch is a must do for me, as it is awesome. While I felt it was worth the price, it would be very pricey out of pocket for a family. While I may have been critical of some of the food items, it was not because they were bad or poorly prepared. It was simply just a matter of my tastes. I really enjoyed the experience. Mr. J. commented that this was an amazing start to our trip and that he was excited what was yet to come since this was so awesome.

Price breakdown:

2 Adult Brunches 90 each

1 Mai Tai 14.00

1 Bloody Mary 9.50

Total Cost: 216.73

Your brunch looks awesome. Those shrimp and grits look really good, I had never considered them before. I’ll be there in a week so excited

I am looking forward to your DR, especially V&A.

Reading what your friends Mom said made me laugh so hard. Glad you got the stamp of approval. ;)

Long time lurker here too and just started posting.

Thanks for deciding to post! Welcome! I still laugh about Mr. J.'s mother. ;)

*Waves to FSUgirl.* hi!

Your brunch looks awesome. Those shrimp and grits look really good, I had never considered them before. I’ll be there in a week so excited

When he said that he was ordering those Shrimp and Grits I was like blah shrimp and boring old grits. SO not boring. The menu described it as, "Gulf Shrimp, Roasted Garlic and Chorizo Antebellum Grits, Sweety Drop Vinaigrette." I would order them again.

Day 1 Continued:

That afternoon, we resort hopped over to the Polynesian with plans to try Trader Sam’s. We were given a buzzer and told the wait would be over an hour, so we headed up to the bar by O’Hanas. Mr. J. got the Back Scratcher and I got the Pina Colava. Now, I LOVE the Pina Colava. It is my go-to Disney drink. But on this occasion, they did not make the drink properly and it was not properly mixed. I was a bit bummed about that. The photograph below is the only one I took there. You can see my drink does not have red swirls. :sad: This was the only time I got this drink on the trip.

dj-FPFkoR5bVPsWR92jBIzc8J3XGtXhwwtN1ywYOgZg-ZSAbVquL-fqrYVg60O41GBLJAwaG59GEHmCJJPGybGjv0rCB6AonpQTLzi0wf3YGBA158xOQw0rbKlNtjj3I4TuVEIR_

Cost: OOP.

Our Trader Sam's wait was less than expected. They sent me a text telling me that they would text me when there was space, and the next text I received was 56 minutes later. Yay!
The ambiance was fun, dark, and loud. It was much smaller than I expected. I could see why there are long waits, because there really is not much seating. I did see some kids in there with families and they had a non-alcoholic drink menu for them.

5MSFchdadb6UxT4ktuNfGmm3BujnAw6Ht9gsJSpZEjmdSm51EqBipdtBis9Hyuidm4RhVzjHZf8NkJZstz8sPH_H_XR0r0Vb71QVUqXr9kIjUlNL3WDDaFWZuHnPqlNVSvrIkHjk

lseWGkD_LRaorPABLYbRTU8xJp8FbZDySrrZgygXgxYG9pkFgsxznZauCGq5I-XK2LzRWrj9-ZPVKQLEkvhoT8aRKUY91fcUYJI85pIlKigUHmbRiysTbgbMJdrAxPeRRrKYH0QB

I got the Hippotomaitai. The drink was good and strong. It contained Coruba Dark Rum, Bacardi Superior Rum, Bols Orange Curacao, Orgeat (Almond), Organic Agave Nectar, and Fresh Lime Juice. I got this drink because I had always wanted the glass that went with it. After we finished our drinks we were told that they had run out of many of the glasses that were for purchase. I was totally bummed and a little surprised that they ran out of so many items for purchase. I kind of want to stop by the next time I am at the world and ask them if they would let me just purchase the mug since they had been out. My next trip will be with my family, and my son will be 2.5. While kids are welcome at certain times, I really don't want to go with my youngest, as he is challenging. Do you think if I told them that they were out they would sell me one?

When I placed my drink order, I also asked if they had something “chippy” that I could get with my drink, as I was peckish and there was nothing snacky like that on the menu. They brought me crispy wontons with dipping sauce. I cannot find my receipt, but it was less than $5. I didn’t take a picture of Mr. J.’s drink, so I cannot remember what he got.

KM6tWfVs6jKvS5J1YQhvX950GRPqcH9E64c8LODv5V5b_my0kCEEFO-8UGbHCn-pdzK-XonI_sM6zijdEDga25QGXnLMIkTa0MAHDjGLzCjvs3Q76O5Z1qKFbZcDqE-aa29VN3PU

*Some chips are missing from this picture.

Cost: I used the free gift card from my resort that we got for agreeing not have our roomed cleaned daily. So Free. Given that I had like 1.51 left on the gift card, I know that the 2 drinks, snack, and tip was close to $40.

Dinner: Hoopty Doo Revue

We attended the 8:30 PM showing and opted for Category 1 seats, which were covered by the plan. We road the boat over. We were the only people on the boat because we were insane. It was VERY cold, windy, and raining, so the benches were wet to sit on. My photos show that I had a slight buzz and was still smiling despite the miserable conditions. When we got to the restaurant, we had to huddle outside for a long time before we were let in. It was pouring rain, cold, nowhere to sit, and very crowded as we all huddled on the porch area. Also, you have to go outside to use the restroom during your meal/show. I found that odd.

During our wait, we went to the arcade and discovered that we could play Ms. Pac Man and Galactica for free. This may have been a glitch, but I love me some old school Pac Man.

BB8v0EtgfDmWwGdFJY-0dAykpn9PBoAekoeszgxsyaTdRRv2g_lUMdsJVviy53zdJFeUQGu1KVxrcnbn46NCixpq1AE6D4E63LufWNCWKtZfyuW5Zl_x5FvKV7yGlnz9AlMaSMCs

Um, apparently I didn’t take many pictures of the food here. Oops. Sorry. I remembered that I really liked the salad and cornbread, that wasn’t really like cornbread at all. It was not gritty, it was super soft and sweet.

kmX4PBPfTEOuFdfAqxRzXn4X03rQnrZh5Xc81f6AL23Dd5T5eJeKlRcRb2jGhGI-EoDRBiFXPz75AeNKZ496o-C4b1cuy5q8ZBM90-oa4jOjViAspO7sFzSK52dQBQs0J1vN9pca

The white sangria was terrible and I couldn’t drink it even though it was all you can drink. There was fried chicken, ribs, mashed potatoes, beans, and corn. The food was fine and the show was amusing. Even though we booked this late, we got seats right by the stage and participated in the show twice by answering a question and I got to play a spoon on a washboard. It was fun, but a once and done for me as it didn’t super captivate me. Mr. J. had a fabulous time, as corny jokes are up his alley.

DDP Cost: $144*

*This used 2 credits, which some may feel is not worthy financially of 2 credits. I considered the show as part of the worth and was find using 2 credits towards it.

Last edited:
Day 2:

Monday: Animal Kingdom Tiffins

Given that we were on the DXDP, I typically did not schedule a breakfast. This day was no exception. We successfully rope dropped FOP. I got yelled out while in the FOP bay, where you stand on a number. The Disney employee called for certain numbers to follow her, which stopped at the number before me, so I waited. Some over zealous tourists rudely yelled at me to go. Mr. J. heard the exact same thing I heard, and he has some hearing impairment. Geesh. They could have been nice about it, as I was following instructions.

I like this picture because of the water suspended in the air.

ZVEeCfSqb9Q_JVYMBQuAB4sWGssDkCbc0fv0fYYoLLMD_72D-nlJ7H_VAqYq4hySSWkY4V9p15xJx8I1_c0lyoaAYhXtZYube-jDMW6QtkF5_GbmS7D2dVRWkXsufkFoXqycRL3o

When I scheduled lunch at Tiffins, I had originally planned to share with Mr. J, because we had dinner scheduled for Victoria and Albert’s that night. However, I was really hungry by lunch, so I opted not to share this meal. Oink. They remembered that I had been there before, so they gave a thank you for returning card and a little bag of chocolate as a thank you. I thought that was a very nice touch.
I love the decor at Tiffins. If you ask your server, they will tell you the stories behind the various art. These poles were recycled from another Disney location. They were stripped of paint and made by a family in Bali (if I correctly recall). I love the look of them stripped bare.

yxfmNJJ3Wq2k-AK5dOf4klFOy8pnyajgm5j1N4RIkKlAFr58zc_VmIsHFw50wWAGxg1N15W0uCl8RKIuc0Ii5p5zRkB4Md1_FK833cRCxGo95gqHe7IwVNoZVuREEc1jBxEKzqrL

3KLZt90RPAEqQIX0qXGNBeuowfEwOK5nTCewBrR2D5gPH6R6f2z3jDfVxTGmIOCbeZIkH1a3W6p8ENHOTf9QZ12CwqqTM-UlxFTtj5vd2WYpypIoWNhOgAsyx8s27Ya6t8RoyOMD

AQmSRQTYE0SbLkvT148zxsqpdttksEv24_XB5ZYor3D2c7gemXPCK2j-TBBvbw3OmIwOcQmghOHviz0kJBsxfy9gQAijNkiQerjyMnKEG2R8Mi7IXahZxNPkTM0q7siKifnbY3sm

nfnwX6cq2DHTpsOWiFg5XpDsIYy2PU3-uvtaDe0DlhjBUHmNF9kxPV4felTgYLNAuiEIZb7wA8gntF82x-UZ9MOL5UNATZZwtqpzO3ffIwaPNLVfv8qF1LQVB4EoDipYERsAG1oX

I love the art on the walls around the restaurant. So pretty.

Drinks: I think I ordered the Annapurna zing, solely because I wanted another glowing lotus flower cube for my house. Last dinner party I had, I used my Disney glow cubes for fun in our glasses. Nothing like a glowing lotus, death star, and some cubes to add to the fun.:)
This drink had Bombay Sapphire East Gin, Passion Fruit Puree, Min, Lime Juice, and Ginger Beer. $14.25

rXJ3LKnILbp7d6NOuCnVH44U-02Ey5HT_MmK7a4BTIRlTZLG2WF721D7EV4ZUUPwhmFaB3ScaketUOWfRfinBNABaFZEslaOzlKWxz_6pINapjP7x3gcPb5V4SH_VTE1XSdNzYNn

*I solely got this drink for this glowing glory. And I plan to do it again until I have a little army of glowing lotuses.

Mr. J. had the Snow Leopard’s Salvation 13.75. I did not take a picture of his drink. It was not glowing. So automatically my drink was more awesome and photogenic. ;)

Appetizers:
They start you off with some complimentary bread with pomegranate molasses olive oil, which I thought was good. I like a good vinegar.

TpRvRdYdCkzwgZoQHfv2k0oo-2a4NaHfGUpUvy0oFXPAokqN6OaVbppne-Ai9Ck0t5-9u1k7TVvRI66f4sbTGv3PMCCaUkuDk4sbldPophawekYQMhiyYUuV5cNT-nYRX7kBNLzM

I got the Artisanal Cheese plate for my appetizer. I liked it better last time because I felt like it had more accompaniments. That said, I do enjoy a cheese plate and this was no exception. $16

7GgPJgBYKfevuKevzc0jvjDjHrsS9nfGj1hfmhDscvgXBzD0jjsiEHb_S6FfJmO_I-45tT0kiFZuXeIkJZ_AQWFUfB4Xb_xT9lCJWn0GMjucQ-a2xfN28Ca9_VeaomAanDmNGw61

Mr. J. got a duo appetizer of a spiced chickpea falafel and the charred octopus. Both were good. I tried the falafel and liked it. I did not try the charred octopus, as I had it back in May and wanted to save room for all the goodness coming that day. $14

kp6tzt1V9g5gDDrsZnAzBWn4nGlS0SoAADyX_x1xltZSsBeFunlRVMsiCMOiC_uubAB7j23IBXtembIRu87mlqmU5exupf_duV1ALZrz_mp953Bazii0Z79lVPfIFCdwG25Bq2Tk

Entrees:

I got the Tamarind-braised Short Rib with parsnip-potato puree, cauliflower, Cipollini onion, and medjool date vinaigrette. It was all delicious. That purple thing was a a paper thin crisp. It think it was a Japanese sweet potato. I loved it.
The short rib was so tender it just fell apart when I placed my fork on it. It was good, but I did not finish the meat as I was trying to save room for dessert. $49

WxNCK4nWPNzw2Jgdy3ivZ2stq1Y5qf76pmpr3z1nM6Grtdpq0KYw1lM2tck-VxcJg41Kfmqg-Cu6tZG__inwBhGZH6X5383FLaYjqivaSQ4J72F070GATWlbXAyT3lRCcBUkEvps

Mr. J. got the Surf and Turf, which was grilled Wagyu Beef, Lobster Tail, purple potatoes, charred peppers, chimichurri butter, and bonarda reduction. He enjoyed it was impressed that he could order steak and lobster and it was covered by the plan. $65.

oIHoVAkgONYbkCbc7aiXsamC1tnatnf8emOwtbcP_DHII5DlDHL9Dg6imevHo3RQmQnkKz8_jHXp7HKv3b3L6Pg4vPEnsZUV72uLQRMiumctkF7_jUwi6_BMyrdV4v2xS3nPM6iB

Desserts:

I got the Halo-Halo because I wanted something light. This was sweet potato ice cream, jack fruit, raspberry-ginger beer sorbet, condensed milk ice cream, coconut crumble and lime pate de fruit. It hit the spot. I enjoyed all of the unique flavors and textures and never had anything like it before. $9

BaelaaWrfF9m3o6RwfnVbATlYpVB7zKa5noYOoWGKg_jiT8y0aI9kmwoen5xf3BRfALRREjIcL2aJmbVJV4CECIpW79sLIN4GN7IQAmJczlIS1pa6X5PgKiOXQpGMjCp6faGDgTe

Mr. J. got the dessert trio, which was South American chocolate ganache, whipped cheesecake, and guava mousse. He ate it all up and had no complaints. $13

58LfgjX-7I--oiUG-9jpkZf_fxvidWY14rKgc6XGj34Xn2oI49dOzkqRTVaHPbqa4CdyGI7Pm-9WIw5YGfxqMXfkEPLyK3B6rfQqhUpXnEpr2SD2sJIf5Hciw28Dpd2J97QP4VKR

Total Cost: $206.61

Summary: I love Tiffins. The presentation of the food is beautiful and the food is on point. I love that you can opt to be adventurous and try new things. I like that they appreciated that I returned and gave me a token to show that. Tiffins is on my must go to for any visit to AK. I was a little bummed that it was not busy on the day we went, as I fear they may not be getting enough business. I've been there with my kids in the past and they also liked what they ate. It is a very calm environment, which is a nice reprieve from the parks.

Next up, will be V&A, which will end up being very photo heavy. I will have to post about that on another day, as I am ready to hit the hay.

Following! The California Grill brunch has me rethinking my boycott! Still not interested in going there for dinner, but brunch sounds really nice.

Interested in hearing about V&As. Went about 12years ago, so I know they have remodeled, etc. and just would love to hear what you thought of it!

Mmm looks good, can’t wait to read more. Happy you have a positive review of Tiffins. I’m looking forward to it in July!!

Following along. I've always wanted to try the California Grill Brunch. Your review just made me want to try it all the more.

I can't wait for our Cali Grill brunch. My two that I wanted to try...shrimp and grits and the lobster eggs benedict. They both look so good. Those shrimp! I can't wait. I wanted to do V&A. We are celebrating our 25th anniversary. I told my husband that we could let the kids do their own thing that night while we went to dinner. He said to save something for our next adults only trip. Who can argue with another trip to Disney? Not me. I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

I’m Really enjoying your review, it’s making me rethink some of my September plans. We loved Tiffins as well but were going to skip this trip and thought about doing the Contemporary brunch. Your review has reversed my thoughts on both of these :rolleyes:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!