• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Portofino or HRH?

highflyer747b

Disneyholics
We stayed at Portofino last year and absolutely loved it, we're returning this year but just can't decide if we should try the HRH or just stick to what we know. We're two adults travelling without kids and do like a bit of luxury, can you offer any suggestions or comparisons?

I'd try HRH. It's only a short step to the parks. The bathrooms aren't as big as the PBH and there is no phone next to the toliet, but it is a lovely resort.

But, the phone in the bedroom is cordless so you could just take it to the bathroom with you - if that is an important consideration.:D ;)

We went to the PBH last year, too, and this year went to the HRH. I would definitely try HRH. You can always ride the water taxi over to the PBH to visit.

Nan

We stayed at PBH last November and at HRH this past June.
I was a little worried that HRH would be a come-down. Don't
worry it is as luxurious in a very different way. I loved the whole
rock theme (much more than the ubiquitous-SP?-Neopolitan
music at the PBH!) This probably sounds silly but I've been
spoiled for all time by their pool with the underwater sound
system. My favorite way to veg out is just to float on my back in
the pool and with just your ears under the water you can lie
there and here lots of great music! Give it a try, I'm sure you'll
be very pleased.

My wife and daughter and I just did a short stay at the HRH. We did a walk through at PBH. We found the HRH was quite luxurious and the food at the Sunset Grill was very nicely done.

The staff at HRH was very friendly and the rooms are very nicely appointed. You can easily walk to the parks and City Walk from the HRH through a nicely appointed garden (and there is a boat, too.).

While the pool is not very deep, it is a hoot to get rock music coming up from the bottom of the pool. Oh yes, the water slide is long and enjoyable.

Give it a try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter