Portofino Concierge Level

maryisme

DIS Veteran
Hello,
I have a concierge level room on hold at the Portofino. Could anyone give me an idea of what to expect? Do you feel its worth it?

Much appreciated.

Mary

I haven't been yet, so I can't give first hand knowledge. I have a room reserved for Feb.
But , I've heard all conceirge rooms at PBH are deluxe rooms (with the bigger bath- bathtub and a separate shower).

THere isn't much talk about these rooms yet because they just started conceirge there about last fall.

I'm looking forward to it.

You also get discounts on cabana rentals when you stay there. And I think you get free access to the health club. (?)

We stayed at the portofino bay concierge level dec 30 for 2 nights.The week prior we were at the contemporary tower concierge.we checked in at 11;00 requested a cot and got our hotel keys,we were told to check back in person in a few hours.fine off to universal.the hotel was very pretty boat service
fast.we checked back around 2;30 no room yet fine we went to get lunch at one of the hotel eaterys i cant remember the name it had pizza and such anyway 1 pizza 4 sodas 2 sandwiches 1 salad 70.00 within minutes i was sick in the restroom i had the salad.check on room at the lounge not ready fine we will hang in the lounge .the lounge is located on the first floor you need a room key to enter rooms are on the 5 and 6 floor.the mid afternoon snacks in the lounge were 2 dinner sized plates of mini canoli,cookis and napolian.nothing like the contemporary oh well
all i want is a room.past 4;00 check in time hubbie goes back to front desk sorry sir we havent started cleaning your room yet.hubbie tells me the great news we ask to speak to a manager
after a 15 minute run around we are brought to lobby asked to wait while young man speaks to the manager he returns with room keys for us i asked why we couldnt speak to the manager and was told i didnt need to since our room was ready.fine go see room okay it is smaller than they say on website but nice.call bell go down to get luggage tell bell we want to bring it right up sorry you have to wait 10- 15 minutes ok.as we walk back up we pass a full luggage cart unattended in a hall,now i start thinking about my jewelry oh well get back to room daughter says bell called wanting to deliver luggage i am now getting upset at this resorts lack of comunication.call about cot was told there was no order for it they would see if they had one i told them i ordered it in the am sorry nothing here.now im mad want to write something down look for pen no paper no ahh i have my contemporary pen.wash hands broken faucet check mini bar no key room set up for 4 even though they know we are 5 ok.go to parks have fun on the way out stop at front desk mention that faucet is broken and to request towels for 5 the next day.stop in lounge for soda the night servings cheese crackers tomato and cheese italian wine bud beer. come back from parks around 11;30 to find hubbie still awake he had just been woken by someone wanting to fix the faucet i went to bed knock at the door 12;20 maid with towels which at the time i didnt need but come morning boy did they come in handy.........wake up hubbie flushes toilet guess what it overflows good thing for those towels.i pay 400.a night to go pee in the lobby bathrooms.i fix myself the best i can march down to concierge tell the man behind the desk we will be waiting in the lounge to speak to the manager.while im sitting blocked by a pillar mr desk man comes in to laugh at me with mrs desk woman about how i can walk to the manager i shot up they both stopped talking i asked if they were making fun of me oh no laughing about an e mail right.....john comes in sits down with us i tell him everything oh this is no good we will do something to right this the last thing i bring up is the welcome gift cookies and milk i asked if his company is into false advertisment .i get a message from john that night hope everything is ok did you get your cookies that was all nothing was done oh our last night there i had to go to front desk room next to us had stero sooooo loud from5-till 1;30 when i complained.this was the worst hotel service i have ever had no hellos from any of them i would never pay this for such service the lounge offerings were a joke the breakfast was cereal,muffins bagel,fresh oj yogart with fresh fruit. a nice spread but i kept seeing people refill on their dirty plates health codes people.
now one last note i had packed some items at the contemporary that didnt need to go in th pbh 1 pair of k swiss shoes 1 purse gone i can never prove but we parked valet they had the keys i dont have the items go figure.

tingsgirl....just wondering what room you were in.... sounds like your stay was really bad...sorry to hear that...amy

we were in room 2675 overlooking the big pool.you could see fireworks .i will be reporting this to loews chain.out of everything that happened i feel so hurt by being made fun of.I know that not everyone will have bad things happen at any resort but i am thankful for boards like this so that poeple know my story i know that managment didnt listen to me but i am happy i have a voice here.

tinksgirl,

I am sorry to hear of the terrible happenings during your stay at Portofino. I would certainly write it all out in a letter and address it to Paul Leclerc, General Manager of the Portofino Bay Hotel.

I could be wrong but I dont think your room was even a deluxe room and that is what you paid for on club level. Make sure you name names if you wrote them of all that you encountered during your stay. They need to be aware. Good luck.

I'm sure after your stay it has put you off from staying here again. Bad things can happen anywhere its how the situation is handled ultimately that we base our opinions. Sounds like they dropped the ball and thats a shame.

Tinksgirl,
Sorry you had such a lousy experience. Definitely report them.

We had a concierge room at Charleston Place in South Carolina and was hoping for a similiar experience. It was wonderful!!!

Thanks for the review.

Mary

Your room number started with a 2.... shouldn't it have been a 5 or a 6? (based on floors ). I thought all concierge rooms were on the 5 or 6 th floor (and they should be deluxe rooms with the larger bath.)

Your experience was terriable. I really hope we have a better experience in Feb. I would have been furious.

The things you experienced during your stay are compeltely unacceptable. Make sure you address your complaints in writing or over the phone to Loews. They are good about making things right. I don't believe you had a deluxe room either. Did it have a large bathroom with a window that opened into the room? Make sure you mention the names of those that made fun of you if you know them. The manager on duty that you delt with did nothing to make up for all the problems you encountered, which surprises me. Make sure you mention this as well. As much money as you payed to stay in a deluxe concierge room and everything goes wrong and nothing is done to fix it. Definitely contact Loews and please let us know how they handle it.

The concierge rooms ARE supposed to be deluxe rooms with the larger baths ....aren't they????

puffy2- I dont know why the room numbers dont match up with floors.In the elevator it says to insert room key for floors 5 and 6,no need to it works without your card,Our room did have a large bathroom with a window.The room did not seem to be the size they advertise.I will be writting to corporate this week and let you all know what happens. thanks for listening

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter