Portofino Bay...Regular Rooms/Villa Rooms

SpideyHulk24

Secretly has the hots for Jennifer Garner and love
Hello. As you all know my trip is COUNT IT 14 days away....LOL:D

not that I'm excited or anything.

Anyway, what is the difference between a regular room and a villa room? PBH is the only hotel that I feel like I really don't understand...for now at least.;)

Me too! Here's what I've been told. There are only pool view deluxe roooms and suites in the villa wing. The regular or standars are in the west and east wings. There are bay and garden views only in those wings. Even though you have the beach pool in the back it is a garden view -pool is blocked by trees. Oh, the villa wing is attached to the lobby in the main building. The west wing is closest to the water taxi. The east to parking and buses. I HOPE this is correct and helps a little. I'm still learning.

Thank you for the quick response. That puts it all into perspective now!!!!

Thanks again!

You're welcome. I forgot to mention the east wing is the most serene with the hillside pool being the quietest. The noisiest is the west with the beach pool-slide of course!

I believe the villas have larger bathrooms. I haven't stayed in a regular room yet, but I think I might try it next time (unless I try one of the other hotels). I wasn't thrilled with my deluxe pool view rooms this time, and just don't know if the extra money is worth it for a bigger bathroom.

The Villas have larger bathrooms with a shutter window that opens into the room. We had adjoining rooms on the end of the wing and it was very quiet but a long walk to everything.

Portofino is the only hotel with verandahs, right? I understand that you can't reserve a room with a verandah, but what's the best way to make that request? Where are the verandah rooms located? And, what type of room do you need to book?

I had a room with a balcony at Portofino. It fell a little short of a veranda in that it wasn't enclosed and you couldn't fit the chair they provided through the open door because the opening was so small. So you had a balcony that you couldn't stand or sit on. I know that there are ones that are larger and usable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter