PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

Does amazon prime deliver to Portofino? If so, does it have to be a whole food only order or can it also be from amazon? Thanks

Checked in yesterday and couldn’t be more pleased. I called last week and requested west wing and balcony or patio. We have a wonderful first floor bay view room with a patio literally steps away from the boat dock! Check in was smooth and her room was ready around 2:30. DH had to go to the concierge for help with transportation- had to fly back home this morning for a few days for business- and Nick couldn’t have been more helpful. So far all staff has been great from check in to the pool wait staff!

Is there a link to a menu for the club level offerings? Or can others who have stayed CL please give me an example of the offerings you encountered? Thank you!

We were there 8/11-15. It’s a lovely hotel. Our room was 2563, a bit of a walk to the club but overlooking the beach pool. That was super helpful for knowing when they reopened after storms. DH would sit in chair by window and report as they got ready to reopen and we’d throwing on our suits and go racing down in between summer storms.

Club food was very good and just what we needed after long, hot days in park. We had Italian (bake ziti, sausages and grilled vegetables), Tex-mex (taco meat, black beans, rice), Mediterranean (grilled chicken thighs, orzo, grilled vegetables) and BBQ (pulled pork, baked beans, corn on cob). Every night there are crudités and dips, rolls and butter, two cold salads (chicken salad, panzenella, etc) and cheese and crackers. Wine was decent but beer was more basic (Bud, bud light, peroni). Dessert varied but every night there were cookies and two different small desserts (cheesecakes, tiramisu, chocolate tarts). Breakfast always had scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage and baked beans. Tons of pastries, bagels and fruit were also available every morning.

Club level was so worth it for our family (DH, myself and DD10). I loved not having to worry about those two meals and just have a plan for lunch in the parks.

I haven't been on the Dis much lately, so don't know if this old news, but was poking around online just now and saw this -

Loews Portofino Bay Hotel will undergo guest room renovations in the first and second quarters of 2020. During this time, work will be done by floor and temporary walls will be put in place to close off the hallways where renovations are taking place. During this time, there will be noise in some areas where enhancements are taking place. We appreciate your understanding, as we work to upgrade our guest rooms and suites. Grazie!

I haven't been on the Dis much lately, so don't know if this old news, but was poking around online just now and saw this -

Loews Portofino Bay Hotel will undergo guest room renovations in the first and second quarters of 2020. During this time, work will be done by floor and temporary walls will be put in place to close off the hallways where renovations are taking place. During this time, there will be noise in some areas where enhancements are taking place. We appreciate your understanding, as we work to upgrade our guest rooms and suites. Grazie!

Oooh! I wonder if there is concept art out there somewhere.

I have tried to search for this answer. Do all members of the room need to be present at Early Check-in or can I check in for everyone while husband stays with kids?

Can anyone describe the check in process detailed?

I have tried to search for this answer. Do all members of the room need to be present at Early Check-in or can I check in for everyone while husband stays with kids?

Can anyone describe the check in process detailed?

They don't all need to be there now. No more photo EP.

You will give the front desk agent everyone`s name registered to the room.....you`ll be issued with the room keys for each person which is also your EP.

a follow up - can my sister (who lives in MCO and has universal annual pass) use one of the kids express pass for rides like Hulk - that they won't want to ride if she is touring the park with us one day - or is that frowned on?

a follow up - can my sister (who lives in MCO and has universal annual pass) use one of the kids express pass for rides like Hulk - that they won't want to ride if she is touring the park with us one day - or is that frowned on?

No, they take your photo in the express queue and then will match that photo on subsequent rides.

So do i need to make sure everyone has ID on them at the park for that first photo? Do they match it up that closely? How will I tell everyone's room ticket apart - will they have names on them? Or will they be distinct like kids tickets vs. adult

Separate question can kid room keys charge to the room?

So do i need to make sure everyone has ID on them at the park for that first photo? Do they match it up that closely? How will I tell everyone's room ticket apart - will they have names on them? Or will they be distinct like kids tickets vs. adult

You don't need ID.

Each persons name is on their own card. The picture is taken as you go through the Express Lane.

Express Passes are nontransferable like tickets. "Your ticket may not be copied, transferred, or resold. "

Do you have 5 staying in your room? If not, you can ask at check-in what it would cost to add one more name to the room (even if it is only for one night)? The cost to add one person to the room (who doesn't actually have to sleep there) may be very reasonable and worth getting an extra EP for your sister.

I know that this might be a stupid question, but would the first and second quarters be from January to June? I ask, because we arrive next August and it would be great to have a refurbished room.

I know that this might be a stupid question, but would the first and second quarters be from January to June? I ask, because we arrive next August and it would be great to have a refurbished room.

That would be my guess. I've been looking for any more info about the refurb but can't find anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!