PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

schumigirl

It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts
We have many new visitors to the site asking questions and needing help with their visit, hopefully this thread will answer any queries anyone may have, whether it be room choice, restaurant choices and so much more.......please ask any questions and someone should be able to answer you.

Any comments about your stay at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel are most welcome.

THERE IS NO RESORT FEE AT THIS HOTEL.

THE COST OF 1 NIGHTS STAY WILL BE TAKEN AT BOOKING. BALANCE WILL BE PAID ON DEPARTURE.

IF YOU WISH TO PAY THE BALANCE AHEAD OF YOUR STAY, CONTACT THE HOTEL DIRECTLY.

IT WILL TAKE YOU APPROXIMATELY 15 -20 MINUTES TO WALK TO THE PARKS FROM THE HOTEL, OR BOATS ARE READILY AVAILABLE FROM ONE HOUR BEFORE EARLY ENTRY.

AS OF NOV 2021 THE CHARGE FOR A THIRD ADULT PER ROOM GOES UP TO $45 PER NIGHT. THIS EXTRA CHARGE IS FOR AGED 18 AND OVER.

Loews Portofino Bay Hotel 5601 Universal Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32819
Reservations: 1-888-273-1311
Phone: 407-503-1000
Fax: 407-503-1010

MAP OF THE PROPERTY

https://files.constantcontact.com/0a7718b0101/6a9326bf-7a87-4dd0-a167-0750883711c2.pdf

CHECK IN AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Age Requirements
Guests must be 21 years of age to book a hotel room and provide proper identification upon check-in. There must be at least one person in the reserved room who is 21 years of age or older.

Check in/Check Out
Check-in FROM 4:00 PM
Check-out at 11:00 AM
Your Universal Express℠ Unlimited ride access (restrictions apply)** is valid from the time issued by the front desk until the Universal Orlando theme parks close, the day of your departure. Pre-registering is allowed at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel, and Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando Resort the morning of your arrival date; you will be issued your Universal Express℠ Unlimited pass to use in the theme parks all day for Universal Express access, if needed.

There are 3 check out options: By Television, Express Check-out or Traditional Check out available at the Front Desk

Modification Policy
Modifications to existing reservations are subject to availability at time of change.

Deposit Requirements

• Equal to one night's room rate plus tax.
    • The credit card will be charged within 5 business days of the booking date.
    • Arrivals within 5 days of booking will have their credit card charged upon hotel check-in; full cancellation policies apply.
Acceptable forms of payment
The following major credit cards may be accepted for deposits:

For reservation deposits, cash and traveler's checks are not accepted.

• Discover/NOVUS
    • American Express
    • Visa
    • MasterCard
    • Diners Club
    • Japanese Credit Bureau (JCB)
    • Carte Blanche
Once a guest arrives at Universal Orlando, all of the above forms of payment, plus cash and traveler's checks, will be accepted for additional hotel charges.

Hotel Taxes
Universal Orlando on-site hotels will include applicable taxes to be collected each night of a guest’s stay. These taxes are included as a percentage of the room charge.

Florida State Sales Tax 6.5%
Orange County Occupancy Tax 6%
12.5% Total Tax

Cancellation Policy
Days Prior to Stay:
6 days or more
0- 5 days prior
Penalties:
Full refund
charged one night's room rate plus tax

PLEASE NOTE: Deposits are forfeited if guest checks out of the hotel prior to the check-out date.

PARKING CHARGES

Overnight Guest Parking
Self parking: $28 plus tax per night, per vehicle
Valet parking: $37 plus tax per night, per vehicle

Day Guest Parking
Self parking: $30 plus tax per day, per vehicle
Valet parking: $42 plus tax per day, per vehicle

Rates are subject to change without notice.

ONSITE CAR RENTAL:

As of April 16, 2018, Hertz will no longer have a rental stand onsite.

They will be replaced by AVIS car rental

TRANSPORTATION SERVICES OFFERED

On-Site Transportation Complimentary resort wide transportation includes Water Taxis at our Premier or Preferred hotels, and Shuttle Buses at all Universal Orlando Resort on-site hotels. Waterways connect the Universal Orlando resort hotels to Universal Studios®, Universal CityWalk® and Islands of Adventure from our Premier or Preferred hotels. Each hotel is also within walking distance to Universal Studios, Universal's Islands of Adventure and CityWalk. SeaWorld® & Wet 'n Wild® water park Transportation*

Scheduled transportation to SeaWorld®, Wet 'n Wild® water park and Aquatica™ is provided via Super Star Shuttle with departures based on regular operating hours* (does not run continuously). Boarding passes for the Super Star Shuttle required and available at the Attraction Ticket Center located in the hotel lobby, one day in advance and up to 30 minutes prior to departure.
*Not valid for Special Events or Groups. Airport Transportation
An airport shuttle service is available for hotel guests arriving into Orlando International Airport through Destination MCO. Visit the concierge desk for details. Fees apply.

• Departure Point from Airport: Ground transportation area on lower level of airport.
      • Departure Point from Hotels: Porte Cochere of each hotel

ONE QUESTION OFTEN ASKED.......DO WE GET UNLIMITED EXPRESS PASS HERE....

The answer is yes you do. It is valid from when you check in until park closing on your check out day.

Although check in is officially 4pm, you can check in as early as 6am. Your room may not be ready but if it isn't you can leave any bags you have securely with Bell Services located adjacent to check in.

When you check in you will be given room keys matching the amount of guests on your reservation. As of 2017 this room key is your EP access. It has your name and date of your stay stamped on it. You show this to enter the EP and have it scanned either at the beginning or further into the line depending on the ride.

The EP queue is a separate to queue to the regular one and waits are usually much less than normal queue. You will need to show this to TM on entering the queue.

You will need your room key if you are planning to take advantage of Early Entry offered to onsite resort guests. EE is one hour before regular guests are allowed in.

**EP is a perk of staying at one of the qualifying hotels. Where you buy your park tickets has nothing to do with this and doesn't affect EP in any way**

There is a will call desk in this area too, where you can pick up pre ordered tickets or purchase any tickets you require.

Walking to the park from the hotel takes approximately 15 minutes depending on your personal speed and ability.

Boats run regularly day and night.

ONSITE RESTAURANTS AND LOUNGES

There are many good choices for dining at Portofino Bay.

BICE RISTORANTE

An exquisite culinary voyage right to the heart of Italy awaits you amid a decor which combines Old World elegance and modern chic. Bice Ristorante offers Northern Italian cuisine and superb service in an elegant atmosphere.

Pasta is rolled daily at the restaurant! Hand Crafted, Delicious Desserts created by the Pastry Chef.

Bice carries an extensive wine list including a wide selection of Italian wines, plus after dinner drinks.

Open daily for dinner at 5:30pm.
Reservations recommended, please call (407) 503-1415.
Bice is kid-friendly and offers a Kids Menu for children under the age of 12.

BICE MENU

http://www.bice-orlando.com/menu

Private dining rooms are available for up to 66 guests and include two private rooms:

• Umbria for up to 24 guests
    • Venenzia for up to 42 guests
Private terraces available for receptions. Semi-private dining options also available. The Main Dining Room may also be booked exclusively for events of up to 160 guests.

Contact Kerry Mohring at (407) 503-1416 to start planning your special event or email at events@biceorlando.com.

Resort or buisness casual attire is recommended. We ask for no beachwear in the restaurant and no sleeveless shirts for gentleman.

Validation for complimentary self parking is available for guests not staying in the hotel. Validation for Valet parking is also available at a discounted rate of $5.00 + tax.

MAMA DELLAS RISTORANTE

Open daily for dinner at 5:30pm
Full Service
Casual Attire
Reservations are recommended please call 407-503-DINE (3463)
Validation for self-parking is available for guests not staying at the hotel.

DINNER MENU`S

https://mama-dellas-ristorante.constantcontactsites.com/

TRATTORIA DEL PORTO

This full-service restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch* and for dinner*, featuring Pasta Cucina.

Hours of Operation

Breakfast:
Featuring an array of breakfast items and unlimited refills on coffee and juice.
Daily from 7:00am - 11:00am
Weekends from 7:00am till Noon.

Breakfast Buffet
Pricing for breakfast buffets is available by calling 407-503-1200
Prices are exclusive of tax or gratuity

Lunch:

CLOSED (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)

Dinner:
5:30pm - 10:30pm
*Open on select days. Hours subject to change

https://trattoria-del-porto.constantcontactsites.com/

*Restaurant hours subject to change without notice.

SAL`S MARKET DELI

Authentic Italian cafe featuring sensational Italian sandwiches, antipasto, fresh fruit, salads and brick oven pizzas. Also available “to go.” Open daily.

Monday - Thursday - 11:00am – 11:00pm

Friday - Saturday - 11:00am – 12:00am

Sunday - 11:00am – 11:00pm

https://sals-market-deli.constantcontactsites.com/

THE THIRSTY FISH

This harborside wine bar offers a selection of drinks and appetizers. Open daily.

Monday - Friday - 5:00pm – 12:00am

Saturday - Sunday - 1:00pm – 12:00am

https://the-thirsty-fish.constantcontactsites.com/

SPLENDIDO BAR AND GRILL

Located poolside, everything from burgers to salads and an array of light specialties are available, including your favorite beverages. It's the perfect place to grab a bite when you're at the pool for the day.

https://splendido-bar-and-grill.constantcontactsites.com/

This open-air bar and grill overlooking the beach pool offers cocktails, salads, sandwiches, burgers and more. Open daily.

Monday - Sunday - 11:00am – 11:00pm

STARBUCKS

Start your day with a signature Starbucks® cappuccino, enjoy the afternoon with a Frappuccino® blended beverage, or savor the exquisite flavors of the finest Starbucks Reserve® coffees brewed right in front of you with the exclusive Clover® brewing system found only in select Starbucks® stores.

Hours Of Operation
Daily 6am – 8pm

Hours of operation are subject to change. Please inquire applicable outlet hours upon arrival to the hotel.

GELATERIA

There's nothing quite like an Italian bakery featuring tempting biscotti, homemade gelato, luscious pastries, and specialty coffee, espresso, and more.

Open for breakfast offering cereal, pastries, seasonal fruit, parfaits, breakfast sandwiches and more.

https://gelateria.constantcontactsites.com/

Hours Of Operation

Monday - Thursday - 06:00am – 08:00pm

Friday - Saturday - 06:00am – 10:00pm

Sunday - 06:00am – 08:00pm

24 HOUR ROOM SERVICE

Eat in the privacy of your own room and choose from a wide variety of menu options, whether you have an early meeting or need a midnight snack - we'll bring it to you!

IN ROOM AMENITY CHOICES

http://stayinguniversal.com/resorts/portofino-bay-resort/in-room-gifts/

(Thanks to stayinguniversal.com for the link)

CLUB LOUNGE

• Our 3,500 square foot lounge located off the main lobby

• Personal concierge services to help with all your vacation needs

• Complimentary use of computer with internet access and printer

• TV viewing area and board games lending library

• Complimentary coffee, assorted teas, and soft drinks throughout the day

• Continental breakfast served each morning (Monday - Thursday 7:00 am - 10:30 am; Friday - Sunday 7:00 am - 11:00 am)

• Afternoon Break (12:00 pm - 3:30 pm)

• Hot & cold hors d'oeuvres and complimentary beer and wine (5:00 pm - 7:00 pm)

• "Something Sweet" each night (8:00 pm - 9:30 pm)
Lounge open daily 7:00 am - 10:00 pm

ACCOMMODATIONS

In Room Amenities including Keurig Coffee Machine and as of 2017 there is a mini fridge in each room.

Rollaways available at $35 per night.

As of 2019 there is also a self service laundry room for guests to use a well as the laundry service the hotel offers. This is located on the 2nd floor of the West Wing.

GUEST ROOM DETAILS

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/places-to-stay/loews-portofino-bay-hotel#Rooms& Suites

RECREATION

https://www.universalorlando.com/we...oews-portofino-bay-hotel#pools-and-activities

POOL AREA

• The Beach Pool is the ideal place for the family to spend the day together.

• Offering more exclusivity with upgraded amenities and lounge chairs, the Villa Pool is the perfect place to relax for a couple of hours…or the entire afternoon.

• The Hillside Pool on the east wing of the hotel, offering a quiet place for contemplation and more privacy.

MANDARA SPA

Let us send you to a place where calm and serenity exist every moment. Mandara Spa offers guests customized and personalized treatments to fit their needs. Spa packages are available or guests may opt to utilize the spa on an a-la-carte basis. The experience will be one of pampering, total relaxation, and calm.

Guests With Disabilities

All hotels at Universal Orlando™ are compliant to ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) guidelines in specially equipped guest rooms, and restaurants are wheelchair accessible.

Accessibility Features:

• Closed-caption television
  • Closets with rods 48" high
  • Doors with peepholes 3' 6" from the floor
  • Entry doors 36" wide
  • Roll-in shower stall with adjustable shower head or combination shower/tub with adjustable shower head, tub seat and hand bar
  • Smoke detector with light
  • Toilets with hand bar

Sight And Hearing Impaired Features:
  • All entrances to individual guest rooms include room number in braille
  • Hearing Impaired Kits (that include a TDD relay service) available from the front desk for use in any guest room
Mobility Scooter Rentals:
For guests who need to rent a mobility scooter during their stay, we have four preferred vendors allowed to deliver equipment on hotel property.
The preferred vendors are listed below. Please be aware that no other companies are allowed to deliver mobility scooters on hotel property.

Mini Fridges were added to ALL ROOMS in place of mini bars as of March 2017.

Currency Exchange & Check cashing

Services available at the front desk of each hotel.

Laundry, Dry Cleaning and Special Services

Our hotels provide a timely and efficient service based on the guest’s needs. Services include laundry, dry cleaning, quick pressing, and shoe shine service. If necessary, Express or Same Day Service can be requested. Hours of Operation: Available 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM; 7 days a week

***THERE IS NOW A SELF SERVICE LAUNDRY AT THIS HOTEL***

The self service laundry opened late 2019 and is a welcome addition to the hotel.

It is located on the 2nd floor.

You cannot use cash in these machines or charge to your room, machines are operated by Credit Cards only.

*Thanks to have2getaway for the most recent info.

Star Service

Call Star Service to request anything to make your stay more comfortable. Whether it's a special amenity or a tooth brush, just pick up the phone in your guest room to make a request.

Wireless Internet

Enjoy complimentary* wireless internet access in each guest room and most common areas of the hotel or upgrade to Premium Plus^ wireless internet access for optimal entertainment and business needs.

*Premium wireless access is complimentary for up to 4 devices per room for a 24-hour period 1pm to 1pm.
^Premium Plus wireless access is $14.95 for up to 8 devices per room and for a 24-hour period of 1pm to 1pm.

Pet Policy

Special treatment for your furry friends begins at check-in. You'll receive a pet bowl and tag, welcome treat, local dog-walking routes and area pet services such as vets, pet shops, groomers and more.

Pets are permitted for a $100 fee††† in a pet-friendly room category (if you book a non-pet room, you’ll be re-assigned one upon arrival) with no more than two pets in any one guest room. Please make arrangements with housekeeping for daily room cleaning during your stay. Dogs may be walked in designated places and are not allowed at pool, lounge or restaurant areas. Should your pet’s behavior result in guest complaints, you may be asked to board your pet in an outside shelter. You must bring proof of your pet’s up-to-date vaccinations, as well as current records from a licensed veterinarian. Pet-friendly rooms include Garden View and Bay View Guest Rooms.

Please note that Club level rooms do not participate in this program. For the complete Loews Loves Pets Policy, click here.

Last edited:
i-3bB3kkz-X2.jpg

i-3vDXcM9-X2.jpg

i-CwrbZK3-X2.jpg

i-2cnpx4R-X2.jpg

i-LNqThrC-X2.jpg

i-TPR38C5-XL.jpg

i-X345DGh-X2.jpg

i-Z4M9rtw-X2.jpg

i-q2vFrGM-X2.jpg

i-fqF4zM7-X2.jpg

i-dk3RZpv-X2.jpg

i-r9D2ZVc-X2.jpg

i-CkKDvw3-X2.jpg

i-Qqfdncj-X2.jpg

i-cwZFzb2-X2.jpg

i-T4g2TjK-X2.jpg

i-K9NpprM-X2.jpg

Last edited:
I booked one of the Despicable me family suites for our upcoming trip in april. Are the kids suites on a specific floor or area of the hotel? Also are all Despicable me rooms the same? I was curious of location because our parents are meeting us there but have a garden view room so wasn't sure how close are rooms could be to each other. The more info I have when I call to make request (which I know aren't guaranteed) the better!! Thanks in advance for anyone's help!!!! :)

I booked one of the Despicable me family suites for our upcoming trip in april. Are the kids suites on a specific floor or area of the hotel? Also are all Despicable me rooms the same? I was curious of location because our parents are meeting us there but have a garden view room so wasn't sure how close are rooms could be to each other. The more info I have when I call to make request (which I know aren't guaranteed) the better!! Thanks in advance for anyone's help!!!! :)

There are a lot of those DM rooms so they're pretty spread out I imagine.........they are slightly different from each other I'm told, not huge differences though.

You're probably best to call the hotel direct and explain you have one booked and ask if there's any located close to what category your parents have booked.

agree with schumi.

call the hotel and front desk could check for what rooms are near the DE kids suite that you booked.
Let them know your parents booked a garden view room and trying to get information on both booked rooms being near by each other.

it would be easier trying to sort this out now before you check into the hotel.
rooms can be blocked out in advance in some situations so they families can be kept in the same vicinity of each other.

Excited to stay at PB club level for the first time in May. We have stayed CL at HHR and RPR. I am aware the lounge is not on the same floor as the rooms like at HHR and RPR. Are the rooms located throughout the resort? I have put in a request for a balcony.

I just want to say thank you Schumigirl and Macraven for all your hard work, this is amazing!

Thank you dsmom.......that is nice of you to say.........still got some updates and hopefully more pictures soon......

Thank you dsmom.......that is nice of you to say.........still got some updates and hopefully more pictures soon......

You are welcome. I know how much hard work went into this. Portofino Bay is like a second home to our son. We will be there this September, I'll be sure to take lots of pictures.

You are welcome. I know how much hard work went into this. Portofino Bay is like a second home to our son. We will be there this September, I'll be sure to take lots of pictures.

Fantastic! Will look forward to seeing them........

Excited to stay at PB club level for the first time in May. We have stayed CL at HHR and RPR. I am aware the lounge is not on the same floor as the rooms like at HHR and RPR. Are the rooms located throughout the resort? I have put in a request for a balcony.

We stayed there last May, club level with a balcony overlooking the beach pool. The view was gorgeous! We are hoping to get as lucky when we return this year.

I just want to say thank you Schumigirl and Macraven for all your hard work, this is amazing!

so sweet of you ! :flower3:

i like helping others find things that will help them on their vacations.

i can remember how hard it was when i first started going to the darkside on how to make the most of the vacation.

so sweet of you ! :flower3:

i like helping others find things that will help them on their vacations.

i can remember how hard it was when i first started going to the darkside on how to make the most of the vacation.

You are wonderful about helping others. I remember years ago when I asked a million questions and you were so patient and answered them all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!