PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

I got the same room (garden view) at the same rate but had to ask for it. A supervisor was required to approve it. I was really looking forward to the room size of PF but the faster walk from HR will be nice. I felt bad for the TM I was talking to - he literally just found out when I called.

I just spoke to Loews today and was told that the hotel is now expected to open on August 31 but that it could very well be a later date. I am booked for November and was told that Universal would move us to another hotel if PBR was not open. On another note when I asked about requesting a balcony I was told that was not allowed. I asked if that was a new policy and was told that he had worked there for three years and that it had never been allowed while he worked there. I didn't bother to correct him as we were at PBR 2 years ago and requested a balcony and received one. He was not a very pleasant person to talk to but I'm sure working for Universal or Disney call service is a little difficult right now.

I am booked for November and was told that Universal would move us to another hotel if PBR was not open.

This worries me for our December trip as well. With 4 women that large Portofino bathroom is a necessity. Wondering if I should book at RPR for our time as well. I prefer that over Hard Rock.

You have 3 months before your trip.
I would wait to make that decision of changing hotels if nothing has been released later this month.
Then call to get info from Loews regarding hotel status and/ or change of hotel.

Had a trip for end of August, got a call and email today that won’t be opened before 8\30
What kind of options did they give you? I have a reservation starting Sept. 4th and booked through AMEX Platinum hotel collection so I know I paid more than I had to. The booking comes with a couple of perks (a room credit and breakfast each day). I'm just wondering if they will move us to the Hard Rock or Royal Pacific. I don't really like the Hard Rock and at Royal Pacific I'll feel like I WAY overpaid. I may cancel and rebook.

Told me to book at another hotel or cancel. I could move and keep my rate if I stayed the same amount of days

I was checking rates for the week after Thanksgiving, and noticed that PBH rates have disappeared as they did for Aventura and SF. Checked Dec. 31, and nothing for PBH. Jan 1 had all hotels available again. So it looks like PBH is getting the “closed for the remainder of the year” treatment.

I was checking rates for the week after Thanksgiving, and noticed that PBH rates have disappeared as they did for Aventura and SF. Checked Dec. 31, and nothing for PBH. Jan 1 had all hotels available again. So it looks like PBH is getting the “closed for the remainder of the year” treatment.

I’ll probably be getting another email soon.

Yes I was just checking some rates for my son to possibly take a trip down right before Christmas or the second week in January in nothing for PBH until Jan 1. So I think that means only 3 hotels open at Universal now until the end of the year? We have a booking for November at PBH CL so I'm sure we will get an email sometime about changing. I think we'll just cancel sorry to say.

I was booked for a stay from 10/8-10/10 and my TA let me know this morning that we are being moved to RPR. We were excited to try check out PBR, but are happy that we were moved to RPR vs HRH. And, ultimately we are just happy to get back to the parks!

Yes I was just checking some rates for my son to possibly take a trip down right before Christmas or the second week in January in nothing for PBH until Jan 1. So I think that means only 3 hotels open at Universal now until the end of the year? We have a booking for November at PBH CL so I'm sure we will get an email sometime about changing. I think we'll just cancel sorry to say.

I believe 4 hotels should be available: Hard Rock, Royal Pacific, Cabana Bay, and Surfside.

I was booked for a stay from 10/8-10/10 and my TA let me know this morning that we are being moved to RPR. We were excited to try check out PBR, but are happy that we were moved to RPR vs HRH. And, ultimately we are just happy to get back to the parks!

RPR is typically considered a slight downgrade from PBR. Are you receiving any discount or food credits from the move. I’ve heard some people are receiving $50 food credits when being moved.

RPR is typically considered a slight downgrade from PBR. Are you receiving any discount or food credits from the move. I’ve heard some people are receiving $50 food credits when being moved.

My TA checked on that already for us as we were concerned about it too... the rate I had at PB was only $255/night, all in...going rate at RPR right now is about $350...saving quite a bit off of the RPR rate without the credits!

Thanks for the info. We're headed down in September and booked directly, but haven't heard yet. Maybe we'll be proactive and just make a switch. And agree about just happy to get back to the parks!

We just booked for a few days here before a Disney trip in November 2021. We have never stayed on property before only visited for the day a few times.

We just booked for a few days here before a Disney trip in November 2021. We have never stayed on property before only visited for the day a few times.
You are going to love it! An on-site trip is so much better than a day trip. Gamechanger. Have a great time!

Thanks! So hoping things improve and we can go then. I know it is over a year away but will be a little nervous until the vaccine comes out for all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter