PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

Just saved $600 on our stay in June in a Club room using AP rates that finally came out! :jumping1:
Along with the 2 day plus 2 days free tickets saved a bunch!
Still waiting to hear best room request for Club & water taxi access.

Just saved $600 on our stay in June in a Club room using AP rates that finally came out! :jumping1:
Along with the 2 day plus 2 days free tickets saved a bunch!
Still waiting to hear best room request for Club & water taxi access.

We stayed West Wing Bay View and still had club access. It takes a little bit of time to figure out the best route between the two but it worked fine for us.

Sorry if this has been addressed, but does anyone know if PBH is continuing with the refurbishment work while everything is closed? I had read that Universal kept construction going whereas Disney shut it down, but it wasn't clear if that included resort work at Universal as well. From what I've seen in this thread, it seems like the refurb work was almost done so just curious if we should expect delays on the completion of it now.

Sorry if this has been addressed, but does anyone know if PBH is continuing with the refurbishment work while everything is closed? I had read that Universal kept construction going whereas Disney shut it down, but it wasn't clear if that included resort work at Universal as well. From what I've seen in this thread, it seems like the refurb work was almost done so just curious if we should expect delays on the completion of it now.

Open air construction is permitted, so I’d assume they had to pause anything inside the resort.....

The Phil Collins/Joe Montana suite here came up in a discussion on another thread. We (well, not my DH who was working at home & missed out on the fun :)) really appreciated the upgrade from Loews. Thought I’d post a few pictures of this amazing suite

Entryway & kitchen
B03DA185-0593-4A38-AFC0-0D3EDDC1C4B8.jpeg
1A051E65-9523-42E4-8DC9-F1684F3588EB.jpegDB4579BB-2AC0-4EC5-90C8-C92C26A9D8C5.jpeg
Dining Room & Living Room, Murphy bed at far wall
3B8F3F8F-2982-49E6-8F7D-25F43448E176.jpeg
Sorry, was getting dark but wanted to get the view across the lawn
55F059AF-6095-447E-A440-47860D24D2D5.jpeg
Outside patio area
CDDDC7E3-03C6-4E7C-8938-FF3CA321CE7B.jpeg
Bedroom
432DF007-3E38-41D5-A067-AA4890F93854.jpeg
Had to laugh, one my my DS and I then moved to our ‘deluxe OV cabin’ on cruise ship. Did miss the 2nd bathroom :)
BA866236-3AE4-4AFA-8C72-82CED815A036.jpeg

Wow, how the heck did you score that suite?!
A fluke :) such a wonderful surprise. we were frequent guests there and in top tier of the youfirst program (RIP boohoo). The one & only time we scored. I felt so bad, that the Mr missed out on enjoying it. Someday may have to spring for it OOP if only for just one night lol.

The Phil Collins/Joe Montana suite here came up in a discussion on another thread. We (well, not my DH who was working at home & missed out on the fun :)) really appreciated the upgrade from Loews. Thought I’d post a few pictures of this amazing suite

Entryway & kitchen
View attachment 489997
View attachment 489995View attachment 489996
Dining Room & Living Room, Murphy bed at far wall
View attachment 489999
Sorry, was getting dark but wanted to get the view across the lawn
View attachment 490000
Outside patio area
View attachment 490001
Bedroom
View attachment 490003
Had to laugh, one my my DS and I then moved to our ‘deluxe OV cabin’ on cruise ship. Did miss the 2nd bathroom :)
View attachment 490007

Janet, I remember it now! I didn’t know the name of it though, which is why I didn’t think of it......it is a beautiful suite!!!

Your cruise room doesn’t look to bad either, it’s nice and bright too......I’ve seen inside cabin images before........:scared1: Not in a million years!!!

Janet, I remember it now! I didn’t know the name of it though, which is why I didn’t think of it......it is a beautiful suite!!!

Your cruise room doesn’t look to bad either, it’s nice and bright too......I’ve seen inside cabin images before........:scared1: Not in a million years!!!
We usually book outsides, bigger balcony the better, love the private lounging space when on a crowded ship. since The trip was my treat, this fit the bill lol

Hi! Does anyone know what a fair rate at this hotel is? We're looking to stay October 4-8, 2021. It's currently the cheapest premier hotel at $328 per night. Not sure if I should jump on it. Would love to know people's thoughts.

Hi! Does anyone know what a fair rate at this hotel is? We're looking to stay October 4-8, 2021. It's currently the cheapest premier hotel at $328 per night. Not sure if I should jump on it. Would love to know people's thoughts.

I’m assuming that must be a standard room?

Considering the dates that’s probably about average.

I may not be 100% correct, but while researching for my trips, I don't see the base prices really change for a particular room type. What tends to happen is that certain types of rooms will be added or removed, so the lowest prices changes. That base price is mostly determined by the time of year. HHN is a popular event, so prices will be higher. Same goes for major holidays, or really any time Universal knows they will be crowded. Friday and Saturday are more than weeknights.

Our visits are during Thanksgiving or Spring Break. So I usually count on paying about $300 per night after the APH discount (I think it is 30%). I posted my thoughts on how we plan trips here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/how-i-plan-a-universal-trip.3794121/

As cfoxga mentions, specific rates don't normally change a lot, though different room types may open up over time. For example, right now RPR doesn't show any garden or pool view rooms available. But it is possible some could become available between now Oct., 2021 and if they do, they would very possibly be less than the $328/night you have at PBR. So it is good to periodically check the room availability and rates. Also while it may not happen a lot, it is possible for additional rates to come into play, the most common might be APH rates that can show up much closer to your stay dates.

With that said, how many will be staying in the room? I ask as RPR does show Club rooms available during the dates you are looking at for about $368/night. For that extra $40/night you could have breakfast paid for every morning, some lunchtime snacks and water/juices/colas, plus maybe dinner/drinks during the evenings. If you have 4 in the room, the free breakfast alone would very possibly save you money. So you might look at going for a Club room at RPR, but do note the room will be a bit smaller than what you would have at PBR.

Is that rack or the ‘savvy traveler rate’? It appears to have replaced the old stay more save more one.

Since your dates are Sunday to Thursday, rates should price out lower than those that do include Friday & Saturday.

Is that rack or the ‘savvy traveler rate’? It appears to have replaced the old stay more save more one.
It looks like it is the "Be a Savvy Traveler" rate.

That does remind me of one more point. :) The longer the stay the lower the 'per night' rate. So if you could stay Oct. 3rd-8th the rate drops to $337/night for that same Bay View room. But what is interesting is a base Garden view room shows available at $307/night as well. And a to make things even more interesting for you, a base 2-Queen Garden view room at RPR shows available at $267/night.

So just a few more options to think on.

That does remind me of one more point. :) The longer the stay the lower the 'per night' rate. So if you could stay Oct. 3rd-8th the rate drops to $337/night for that same Bay View room. But what is interesting is a base Garden view room shows available at $307/night as well. And a to make things even more interesting for you, a base 2-Queen Garden view room at RPR shows available at $267/night.

I’ve been playing with a range from 9/30 to 10/6 for a 3 to 5 night stay, to include 2 or 3 HHN nights.

The pricing is indeed all over the place. It’s dropped once so far for me over the last two months, just $20 overall though.

Thank you! We ended up just booking the King at $328. I'll keep my eye on it.

When I booked it, it said a deposit for 1 room night room and tax was going to be charged, it hasn't been charged yet. Does anyone know when they typically charge for that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!