PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

Disney Ron

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
If you go to the loewshotels.com website, into the Portofino Bay Hotel page and try to make an August reservation, the notification about the refurb no longer comes up. If you put in an earlier date, the notification does come up. I would assume that this means that you should be not be experiencing any renovations still happening in August.
Thanks damo that's very interesting info. Much appreciated.

smiths02

DIS Veteran
I haven't been on the Dis much lately, so don't know if this old news, but was poking around online just now and saw this -

Loews Portofino Bay Hotel will undergo guest room renovations in the first and second quarters of 2020. During this time, work will be done by floor and temporary walls will be put in place to close off the hallways where renovations are taking place. During this time, there will be noise in some areas where enhancements are taking place. We appreciate your understanding, as we work to upgrade our guest rooms and suites. Grazie!
Hmmm...that may change our plans. While I do think the rooms needed a little love (I enjoy the style just some of the things were getting worn), I don't know if I want to be there during a refurb for what it costs a night.

Oh well, we have a few months to worry about it (if we get to take the trip as planned at all anyhow).

crostorfer

Gryffindor Gal
So, are the club level rooms all on one floor, or are deluxe rooms scattered throughout the hotel used as club rooms?

Momw/aplan

Mouseketeer
I haven't been on the Dis much lately, so don't know if this old news, but was poking around online just now and saw this -

Loews Portofino Bay Hotel will undergo guest room renovations in the first and second quarters of 2020. During this time, work will be done by floor and temporary walls will be put in place to close off the hallways where renovations are taking place. During this time, there will be noise in some areas where enhancements are taking place. We appreciate your understanding, as we work to upgrade our guest rooms and suites. Grazie!
Ooooh! It’ll be nice to have a little updating to their rooms. Hopefully things won’t change too much though—we love their rooms.

For the sake of my sanity though, I sincerely hope they don’t install those ridiculous sliding bathroom doors Loews has become so fond of! They offer absolutely zero sound or smell barrier! Their installation during Royal Pacific’s last remodel is the reason we never stay RP anymore. I don’t want to have to abandon PBH, too. 😬

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

UNIVERSAL PODCASTS

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO VIDEOS

UNIVERSAL ATTRACTIONS