PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

Yes

At PBH, club lounge is on 3rd floor

Suites are at various sections and floors at this hotel

You can be booked anywhere at this hotel and be able to book club

Thank you for your response macraven. I didn’t see an option to upgrade to club level when I booked. Is that something that I can do when we check in? Any idea about how much it costs? Thanks!

Thank you for your response macraven. I didn’t see an option to upgrade to club level when I booked. Is that something that I can do when we check in? Any idea about how much it costs? Thanks!

If it wasn’t an option when you booked sounds like Club Level is full.

Someone reported recently it had gone up to $125 per room if it was available to add at check in.

Hi all. We have just changed our Aug booking from RPR club to PB duluxe king room as there was a considerable price saving.

We are traveling with 2 kids and would prefer 2 bed to the king. The travel agent( travel republic) said that s room type had a option if 2 beds or king so i have reqested the 2 beds. Anyone have experience of booking the duluxe king and being able to get 2 beds?

Also has anyone got a email address for the resort as id like to email them about anniversary plans

Thanks all

Suggest you call the hotel
Ask to talk with the scheduler of the rooms

They would know the answer of king deluxe beds /2 queen bed set up

We will be staying here the first week of June. Does anyone know how late the main pool is open during the summer months?

Hi all. We have just changed our Aug booking from RPR club to PB duluxe king room as there was a considerable price saving.

We are traveling with 2 kids and would prefer 2 bed to the king. The travel agent( travel republic) said that s room type had a option if 2 beds or king so i have reqested the 2 beds. Anyone have experience of booking the duluxe king and being able to get 2 beds?

Also has anyone got a email address for the resort as id like to email them about anniversary plans

Thanks all

You are not supposed to be able to have 4 people in a king room. I suggest you contact the hotel. Your travel agent should have known that.

We have booked a stay at Portifino Bay for July and thanks to the information from this thread, I see that I need to request the West Wing if possible. I am curious as to how this is done, when I made the reservation and when I log in and look at it, the only place to make requests is a list of check boxes and none of them are location specific. Is this something that has to be done over the phone?

We have booked a stay at Portifino Bay for July and thanks to the information from this thread, I see that I need to request the West Wing if possible. I am curious as to how this is done, when I made the reservation and when I log in and look at it, the only place to make requests is a list of check boxes and none of them are location specific. Is this something that has to be done over the phone?

Yes or if you arrive early enough you can ask at check in. They've always granted my request when I've done it this way.

You can absolutely give them a call and have the request added to your reservation........it would be a shame to wait till check in and the area you want is full, which in July will be possible.

Of course it’s still a request, but at least it’ll be on your reservation when rooms are allocated.

Suggest you call the hotel
Ask to talk with the scheduler of the rooms

They would know the answer of king deluxe beds /2 queen bed set up

Spoke to the hotel and have been allocated 2 queens. All good thanks

Rooms are assigned before your arrival date

So call and request it be put in your reservation you want the west wing at PBH erocrobo.

If you wait until you check in, rooms will already have been assigned

I've seen it noted that for Club Level, you are given a separate key to access the lounge. Do you get one access card per party, or per person? I'm wondering how it will work if some family members sleep in (ahem, teens...) and meet us later- do they just give their names, or do we need to go meet them?

I've seen it noted that for Club Level, you are given a separate key to access the lounge. Do you get one access card per party, or per person? I'm wondering how it will work if some family members sleep in (ahem, teens...) and meet us later- do they just give their names, or do we need to go meet them?

We got one extra key card per person.

Perfect, thanks! I think the younger kids in our group will also enjoy the autonomy of getting to go on their own for snacks too.

I have a question regarding bringing your own alcohol to the pool area. When we were there in January, we did just that, my wife and I each brought a cooler down, the attendant said "here let me pour that in a glass for you" and then we enjoyed it by the pool. For our August trip I decided to rent a cabana to help keep us out of the sun a bit. After reserving the cabana I asked about the policy on bringing your own alcohol and was told that only drinks puchased at the hotel gift store would be allowed in. Two questions I guess:

1. Has the policy changed since I was there? Or is this one of those policies that exists but really isn't enforced.

2. Are drinks purchased at the hotel gift shops marked in some way that they could be differentiated?

Thanks. The cabanas have a fridge in them, so it sure would be nice to store a few cold drinks in there to enjoy throughout the day :)

I reviewed the info on the suites in this thread and have a couple more questions if ok.
I'm looking at the AP rates for a 1 BR suite for September and am wondering which is the best option for a bay view suite. If I understand correctly, the Parlor suites have garden views.
Also, since we are YouFirst Gold is there an advantage to using Loews site for booking?
thank you!

Also, since we are YouFirst Gold is there an advantage to using Loews site for booking?
thank you!

In my experience the Loews site will occasionally have different availability and/or slightly different pricing than the Universal site. It seemed to happen more often last year around the time Universal moved their booking system over to the current (new) style site.

YouFirst can book with either site. However if you are looking for your free Gold room upgrade at time of booking, you have to call the Universal reservations number. I've called the Loews number before, and was told that the Universal reservations are handled separately so they transferred me. The free Gold upgrade will not get you a suite at normal room price. The upgrade is typically a view upgrade, or an upgrade to a Deluxe room at PB. I'm not sure what (if any) upgrade you get if you were booking a suite to begin with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!