PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

Does anyone have the current club lounge offerings for Sunday and Monday? We will be there Sunday-Wednesday and I see Tuesday above.

Just curious :thumbsup2

Just did one night at Portofino. Had several minor issues that added up and irritated enough to likely not choose again over others, but still a very beautiful and comfortable room, DD enjoyed the pool. Boat dock always full, and service seemed slower than in the past. The
construction was way more prevalent than we anticipated, will try and add a few pictures..

Attachments

• 75EB7511-3A53-4822-A234-D785FE1F2BF9.jpeg
    75EB7511-3A53-4822-A234-D785FE1F2BF9.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 50D22FB6-47E5-4ADC-B172-0BD173843BF0.jpeg
    50D22FB6-47E5-4ADC-B172-0BD173843BF0.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 50
  • F4D1732B-CA9F-49A0-8C78-38D96BA57E8C.jpeg
    F4D1732B-CA9F-49A0-8C78-38D96BA57E8C.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 67422EF9-8F16-4C1D-94D0-1F24F4AB0698.jpeg
    67422EF9-8F16-4C1D-94D0-1F24F4AB0698.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 48
  • 1BA38BFD-1949-46AF-A5C8-97BB6558FE4A.jpeg
    1BA38BFD-1949-46AF-A5C8-97BB6558FE4A.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 40A4D078-93E7-4CEE-B50B-3DCF728351C7.jpeg
    40A4D078-93E7-4CEE-B50B-3DCF728351C7.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 69
Just did one night at Portofino. Had several minor issues that added up and irritated enough to likely not choose again over others, but still a very beautiful and comfortable room, DD enjoyed the pool. Boat dock always full, and service seemed slower than in the past. The
construction was way more prevalent than we anticipated, will try and add a few pictures..

Crikey, that is a mess and more intrusive than it has been mentioned for sure!!!!

Thank you for the updated pictures!!! I`m sorry your trip wasn`t perfect, hope you managed to enjoy some of your time there.

Crikey, that is a mess and more intrusive than it has been mentioned for sure!!!!

Thank you for the updated pictures!!! I`m sorry your trip wasn`t perfect, hope you managed to enjoy some of your time there.
We did, although it was very crowded, which I expected for spring break, but also hotter than I expected. I know, I know , it’s Florida, but yesterday was a feels like 89, and blazing sun. And both VC and Hulk broke down while we were well into the lines. Whew those get stuffy in there .
The Portofino construction noise didnt affect us in the room, so that was good, but My daughter was disappointed. She was planning a lot of picture out front.also had to walk way around for lobby access. Still very glad to have had the couple of days of escape at Universal!

We did, although it was very crowded, which I expected for spring break, but also hotter than I expected. I know, I know , it’s Florida, but yesterday was a feels like 89, and blazing sun. And both VC and Hulk broke down while we were well into the lines. Whew those get stuffy in there .
The Portofino construction noise didnt affect us in the room, so that was good, but My daughter was disappointed. She was planning a lot of picture out front.also had to walk way around for lobby access. Still very glad to have had the couple of days of escape at Universal!

Yes, pictures would be a big disappointment for your daughter, that really is worse than I thought it was. Happy to hear the noise didn`t personally affect you though and you had a good trip.

Glad you did still have a good time and completely agree about crowds, we were chatting to one of the RP employees Thursday night on Facetime and they were talking of how crowded everything is in the parks and hotels too, one of their busiest weeks for sure. Not fun!! But at least it was warmer than predicted!!!

Yep, you don`t want to be well into the line when it breaks down! That happened to us on Hagrid`s during an OI event, thankfully we were not in the confined cave area...I`d have been out of there in that case lol.....

Thank you again for the update :)

Thanks for those pictures. If at all possible, can you take a picture of where the construction stops? We will be there in two weeks, and I'm just curious. Thanks!

Thanks for those pictures. If at all possible, can you take a picture of where the construction stops? We will be there in two weeks, and I'm just curious. Thanks!
Hey we’d already left, but I did have this picture. It seems to have stopped where the sign with the fish is located, on the left? The construction activity was mostly on the East Wing, and we were on the opposite side, so noise didn't affect us at all in the room. My daughter was able to get to the Gelato place, and I think the only restaurant affected was the Trattoria. It was closed. THere were workers on the scaffolding all day, all over, so they were very busy working on it.

Attachments

• 6D876772-9A27-459C-BB46-34F7B58D52BD.jpeg
    6D876772-9A27-459C-BB46-34F7B58D52BD.jpeg
    85.9 KB · Views: 51

Wow that really detracts from the ambiance of the place. Was hoping for an AP rate for a couple of nights this fall, wonder if it will be done by Sept.

Wow that really detracts from the ambiance of the place. Was hoping for an AP rate for a couple of nights this fall, wonder if it will be done by Sept.

End date is June 2025 georgina, it`s a long renovation for sure, it started May 2023.

This thread has been helpful. Some clarifying questions. Im staying 2 nights in July via AMEX FHR. Not planning to stay club due to the breakfast offering through FHR. However someone int he thread mentioned you can skip breakfast and get a $60ish credit to other restaurants (i.e. Starbucks) Can anyone confirm if this is true?

Deliveries. I understand we can personally accept DoorDash/ grocery delivery at the resort. What about if we ship snacks/ drinks etc. I saw somewhere its $15 a box? We are getting in late the night before and staying at the MCO Hyatt might be better to receive any boxes there?

Lastly I see there is a Walgreens across the street from the resort but Apple Maps/ some threads caution against the walk. Any reports of the issues or is it easily traversable. Planning to walk to get some drinks, if needed.
TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter