Portofino Bay Current Construction

I just returned from a 5 night stay at Portofino and the construction was a shock to us.
Was the construction limited to only the bay side? I called Portofino today and was persuaded to stay. The lady said construction is only from 9 to 6, and we can get rooms far away from the action.

Was the construction limited to only the bay side? I called Portofino today and was persuaded to stay. The lady said construction is only from 9 to 6, and we can get rooms far away from the action.
The entire main harbor area of the hotel has construction on it and even if you’re in a room unaffected by it, have to go through construction tunnels to access any dining, the boat, etc. In the end we did have a good trip but the initial look of it was a shock to us. I thought it would be one section with facade work and like 75% of it unaffected and that wasn’t the case. You can definitely still have a good trip but you will see the construction and it does significantly change the atmosphere. We did get a room without windows covered up and that did help though but honestly the main thing that helped was my kids loving their minions room and the beach pool. In the end they had a blast and that’s really all that matters, thankfully.

I canceled our Portofino reservation and rebooked rack rate at Hard Rock. I would prefer Royal Pacific but couldn't get the same room category for 3 consecutive nights. 😞

I want to change hotels, but I have a real hard time paying rack rate :eek::laughing:.
If I remember correctly, you're also coming this Memorial Weekend, right? Even if you were willing to pay rack rates, they may not have the same room for multiple nights.

I booked one night a few days ago, and were only able to get the next two nights this morning.

Forget the 4th night! We'll just go to Disney early.

If I remember correctly, you're also coming this Memorial Weekend, right? Even if you were willing to pay rack rates, they may not have the same room for multiple nights.

I booked one night a few days ago, and were only able to get the next two nights this morning.

Forget the 4th night! We'll just go to Disney early.

Yes, we will be there 5/25-5/30. There are rooms still available at RPR that I can see, but it's over $1K more total than my rate at PBH. If it was a once in a lifetime trip, I would definitely change, but since we go a few times a year, I think we will just hope for the best... 🤞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter