Portable raised toilet seat - WDW non HA room

arminnie

<font color=blue>Tossed the butter kept the gin<br
The Disney site says that a portable raised toilet seat is available upon request. Does anyone here have any first hand experience with using one from Disney?

My DH and I just get a regular room - not HA. I have still been able to get up from the lower toilet with a little help from pulling up with my rollator or a nearby sink.

But a recent fall has wrenched my shoulder. It is extremely painful to use that arm to push or pull up. It hurt so much that I ordered a raised seat from Amazon and paid extra for next day delivery.

I am at our New Orleans home and my DH was out of town and my car won't start so this was the easiest thing for me to do. I got it the next day even though it is Mardi Gras season and I live on the parade route. Excellent service.

When my late mother was very ill she tried a portable raised seat that just sat on the toilet. She fell off once and refused to ever use it again as it was unstable. The one I bought locks onto the seat (regular or elongated) and is very, very secure.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WHAFY98/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If the one at Disney just sits on top I am going to get another one of the above and have it for Disney and other travel. So I'd appreciate any feedback anyone has.

The Disney site says that a portable raised toilet seat is available upon request. Does anyone here have any first hand experience with using one from Disney?

My DH and I just get a regular room - not HA. I have still been able to get up from the lower toilet with a little help from pulling up with my rollator or a nearby sink.

But a recent fall has wrenched my shoulder. It is extremely painful to use that arm to push or pull up. It hurt so much that I ordered a raised seat from Amazon and paid extra for next day delivery.

I am at our New Orleans home and my DH was out of town and my car won't start so this was the easiest thing for me to do. I got it the next day even though it is Mardi Gras season and I live on the parade route. Excellent service.

When my late mother was very ill she tried a portable raised seat that just sat on the toilet. She fell off once and refused to ever use it again as it was unstable. The one I bought locks onto the seat (regular or elongated) and is very, very secure.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WHAFY98/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If the one at Disney just sits on top I am going to get another one of the above and have it for Disney and other travel. So I'd appreciate any feedback anyone has.
If the have any, it’s likely to be the ‘just sits on the top’ type.

There has been inconsistent information about whether or not they still provide things like raised toilet seats or bath chairs. I was told personally that they no longer did it and arranged to help obtain those things from one of the medical rental supply companies.
But, others have reported they were able to get one. It might be something simple like, as the ones they have need replacement, they are no longer replacing them. So, some resorts may have stopped supplying them and others still have them.

We use to bring our own for my mom. It had arms and a locking mechanism.

If the have any, it’s likely to be the ‘just sits on the top’ type.

There has been inconsistent information about whether or not they still provide things like raised toilet seats or bath chairs. I was told personally that they no longer did it and arranged to help obtain those things from one of the medical rental supply companies.
But, others have reported they were able to get one. It might be something simple like, as the ones they have need replacement, they are no longer replacing them. So, some resorts may have stopped supplying them and others still have them.

Was at boardwalk and contemporary. they are the commode type that are adjustable for height and you just put them over toilet. very easy and you can sit on seat in the toilet or shower. when not using just store in the tub or shower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter