Port tendering at Cabo San Lucas on PC cruises...

Ralph&Pam

DIS Veteran
We're booked on the EBPC cruise in October. DW is wondering about the port tenders at Cabo. She remembers the tenders on the Western Med cruise when we stopped in Ville Franche. Her memories are not happy ones, as she found the small boat experience upsetting to her somewhat susceptible equilibrium. So, any information about the Cabo tenders will be appreciated.

If Im honest, from doing both multiple times, they're actually pretty similar, I find the ones in Grand Cayman big and smooth but VF and Cabo are both slightly smaller, usually one deck. Both felt pretty rocky when you first got on but smoothed out as you got nearer the shore. They ride is about the same length. The Cabo ones don't seem to cram as many people on at once though so you're not sitting around waiting to go or get back on the ship, but it might just be that I got off a busier times in VF.
Im sorry, I don't know if that was what you really wanted to hear...

If it makes it better, there's more to 'see' on your Cabo tender, a lot of wildlife, pelicans, sea lions etc...

We tendered in Cabo, the boats there are smaller than other ports ie. Grand Cayman and might have a bit of rolling and pitching while transiting to the port, the ride is only about 10 minutes long and usually doesn't happen if the water is too rough. The crews on the boats will help with getting on and off them so be sure to ask if you need assistance. Possibly taking a Dramamine or Bonine before you disembark? The weather in Cabo is usually very nice and there is always lots of wildlife to watch (seals, dolphins occasionally and pelicans always looking for a fishy hand out). That might take your wife's mind off the boat ride. Enjoy your cruise!

I have been to Cabo many many times. Cabo is actually one of my favorite ports I have ever been to. A lot of the time when we have been to Cabo, the seas are actually pretty rough which rocks the boats pretty good. So, it looks like it might be a similar experience. The boats are also one level and on the smaller size.

Thanks to all. Our booking window opens in just over an hour, so I'm inclined to book the Cabo excursion we want to do and think about it some more for the next four months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter