Port Orleans WDW

keith&carol

Mouseketeer
We've just booked 3 nights at Port Orleans Riverside thru Dreams Res for our Nov trip which is our Ruby Wedding Anniversary so quite special.
Has anyone stayed there recently and do you have any suggestions as to which building to ask for, places to eat,any useful tips really.
Thanks a lot
Carol:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I think the main on site restaurant is the BoatWright dining Hall. I've eaten in there quite a few times on previous visits in the evening and was always pleased with the offerings. The breakfast menu looks REALLY nice and often thought of trying it. You also have to option of taking the watertaxi through to DTD, and using the many restaurants there.

We love PORiverside! We've now joined DVC so will be staying mainly in the DVC resorts, but I still have a very soft spot for POR :) My last stay in POR was in March 2001, but we ate at the food court there last October when we stayed at the Old Key West resort next door.

There are two distinct areas - the mansions and the bayou - and we've only ever stayed in the bayou section. If you want to be there, then I can recommend buildings 14, 18 or 27 for being near to the main building and bus stops and also near a quiet pool but without rooms overlooking the parking lot! The main pool is only a short stroll from any of these buildings, too.

Many people recommend the mansions for a more romantic getaway ;), but I can't help at all with locations there.

I think the food court is the best of all the ones on-site we have tried. We had one dinner at Boatwrights a few years ago and weren't all that impressed, but the breakfast there did look good :p

You must try the boat to DD (especially at night - it's quite magical in the dark) and don't forget your fishing rods - you can fish from the water's edge around some of the resort as well as at the more 'artificial' fishing hole :)

We stayed at POR last October and had a room in building 14 (Aligator Bayou). We found it ideal because it is the closest to the foodcourt/Boatwrights etc. and close to the main bus deepo.

We ate in Boatwrights one night and found it very expensive for what you get. We had the cheapest bottle of wine and it was $25! I don't think the atmosphere at Boatwrights is not that romantic either.

I agree with Hilary about the foodcourt at POR - it's very good. I lived on the chicken strips and fries :)

Check out the 'quiet' pools in the late afternoon - we found the one nearest our building deserted most days.

POR (or Dixie Landings as I prefer) is a great resort to stay at. The food court is probably the best one on property and Boatwrights is a nice restaurant. I thoroughly enjoyed our meals in it! I have stayed in both sections. Personally I prefer the mansions though there was absolutely nothing wrong with the bayou, just a different feel to it. The grounds are beautiful too. There is live entertainment at the lounge which is really fun. All in all, you'll have a wonderful time I'm sure!

John:D :bounce: :D

Thanks a lot everyone,that's really helpful.
The Mansions sound good as we may have been married for a long time but thankfully the romance is still very much there!
The mention of fishing made DH's eyes light up although we will have had 2 weeks at Estero Key where he will probably have fished himself silly as usual but that's men for you:rolleyes:

Carol:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter