Port Orleans Riverside?

jilliemouse

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, my family and I are staying at PO Riverside for 8 nights this June. I've been to Disney a million times but never stayed at this resort. Anyone have any suggestions or helpful comments about this resort? Did you like it here? Also, we're staying in one of the Royal Guest Rooms because that was the only room that was available. If anyone stayed in the royal rooms, how were they? Thanks!:)

POR is one of my favorite resorts! I stayed there last year, but in Alligator Bayou. I did walk over to the other area though and its beautiful and the buildings look like actual mansions! You have to check out the butterfly garden while your there, its gorgeous. They have a really nice shop (Fulton's General Store), a huge arcade, and a pretty cool pool area, but the slide isn't all that great.

I never been to the Boatwrights, but Riverside Mill has really good food. Every hour or something at Riverside Mill, they play "The Riverside Song" and all the CMs sing & dance. It's real cute. And if you get a chance, go see Ye-Haw-Bob's show in the River Roost Lounge. He's hilarious!

Just a tip, the boats to French Quarter and Downtown Disney take a REALLY long time and are usually filled by the time they get to Riverside, and you can end up waiting 20-30 minutes for one to come.

That's probably more information than you needed :laughing: but I hope you have a magical vacation!

Thanks for the information! I would have never known that the boat service wasn't that great, so thank you!

I loved POR. I was 8 when I went and now I'm 15. I had so much fun on the waterslide. I liked the mini pools. It's my second favorite resort!

I have stayed at POR once, but eaten there many times. I love the main pool a lot, but still enjoyed the quiet pool.

This is probably a no-brainer, but something we should have done was looked at a map and figured out the fastest route between the parking lot and our room. We stayed somewhere in Alligator Bayou, and ended up taking many routes to get to our room. By the time we had figured out the best way, we were checking out two days later.

I love the create your own pasta at the Riverside Mill. We have never really had a bad meal there. If you can, roast some marshmallows by the pool. It's one of my favorite things to do after a day in the parks.

I think the above posts have covered most things, but I have to add that the Royal Rooms are absolutely amazing! The details are wonderful - my brothers even liked them. The pool area has a very Tom Sawyerish feel to it.

Last edited:
I went to Port Orleans it was nice.Not sure if it was one of the Royal Rooms though.

I'll agree with the boat service, it's crowded and slow, but it's definitely worth doing once! We took it to DD, but then ended up on the bus back, but you learn a few things along the way about what they're doing and what's going on

Hi everyone, my family and I are staying at PO Riverside for 8 nights this June. I've been to Disney a million times but never stayed at this resort. Anyone have any suggestions or helpful comments about this resort? Did you like it here? Also, we're staying in one of the Royal Guest Rooms because that was the only room that was available. If anyone stayed in the royal rooms, how were they? Thanks!:)

I love the food court there. We used to stay there all the time when I was a kid. Now we stay at Saratoga and still drive to Port Orleans to eat at the food court for a late night snack from the bakery

I'm literally SO jel that you're staying at a Royal Room! Are you going to write a trip report? I'd love to hear about your experience at POR!!!

I love this resort!!! I stayed there once as a moderate option and I am booking with them again this year! The royal rooms are great because the rooms are in the best location. You are close to the lobby, restaurants, and bus stops. **Tip try not to use the bus stops at the from lobby. They tend to get full very fast! Try using the bus stop next to your room.

Take advantage of the resort activities. There is a campfire with free marshmallow roasting, they have a outdoor movie night, a night time 25 minute carriage ride, fishing, bicycling, boat riding! So many options. OH and I loved loved loved the boat ferry to Downtown Disney! Convenient and beautiful! The mansion buildings next to the trees and river took my breath away. The food court is yummy and affordable!

Here is a link that really helped me plan everything at my resort!

http://www.portorleans.org/rooms.php

Get excited! You are going to POR!!! :dogdance:

Also the mansion buildings are designed a little differently. The royal rooms have the best everything!

POR is our family's favorite! We've stayed at AS Movies, and CSR. But we always discuss that POR is so much better.
Alligator Bayou and Buildings 14 or 15 are the best in our opinion!

Hello Jillian! I stayed at POR in april and it was great! We stayed in the alligator bayou rooms but on previous trips we have stayed in the royal rooms. I like the royal rooms better in my opinion, because they are close to the food court and the main bus stop. We went to downtown disney a number of times and we took the boats, and we never really had a problem with the service being slow. Since we went at a busy time, they had a boat coming every 5 minutes, so it defiantly made the wait time shorter. I think the most we waited was 15 minutes. The food court also has great food. Since the parks were really busy, (we went on spring break), when we came back from the parks, we ate here because it was a very long wait for all of the counter service places at the parks. We enjoyed it, and the cast members were so friendly and efficient. Hope you have a great trip!::MinnieMo

We love this resort! But we were in the Alligator Bayou, not the royal rooms. I loved them because they have that murphy bed and can sleep 5 instead of 4. The resort is very relaxing and pretty. The only issue I had was that the hot tub always seemed to be too crowded. I only had a wait for the buses once, but the ride was so relaxing and peaceful we took it a few different times. The food court has plenty of options and the cast members here are very helpful and friendly.

Oh, and if you are at one of the Port Orleans resorts, you can pool hop to the other resort. We tried it and the monkeys thought that was fun to try them both. (Take the boat or walk over)

We stayed there last July, the resort is amazing, just beautiful. One thing y'all should do is take the boat to Downtown Disney, it's a pretty long ride (or so it feels) but it's worth doing at least once

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter