Port Orleans Riverside vs Yacht Club

ddpatrick13

Earning My Ears
I know you can’t really compare moderates and deluxes, but I guess my question is which will tweens like better Yacht club or Port Orleans Riverside? My DH, DD 12, myself, and DD best friend 12 are coming down in July to spend a week. This is the first time we are bringing a friend(friend has been to Disney but always stayed off property). We have pretty much stayed at all resorts at some point. We will tour in the morning and at night. During the heat of the day we either be poolside or at Disney Springs. I just would like to know which resort people think the tweens would like best?

We have stayed at Beach Club and Riverside and our daughter, age 12, prefers the Beach Club. She loves the pool there as do I. Plus the Boardwalk is fun to walk around at night for an evening.

I'm a bit biased when it comes to this since the Yacht/Beach Club and Boardwalk area is by far my favorite place to stay. If cost isn't an issue it really does seem like the Yacht Club would be your best choice. The Yacht and Beach Club has the absolute best pool on property. If you are planning to spend a lot of time poolside Stormalong Bay is the pool you want to be at. The location of the Yacht Club also makes it very easy to get back to your resort midday when you are at Epcot or Hollywood Studios. It's a very short walk from Epcot and a decent walk or short boat ride from Hollywood Studios.

Beach club/Yacht Club hands down. The atmosphere at night is awesome. I hated riverside. Loved FQ but won’t stay riverside again. But the BC/YC area is absolutely in another league.

I know you can’t really compare moderates and deluxes, but I guess my question is which will tweens like better Yacht club or Port Orleans Riverside? My DH, DD 12, myself, and DD best friend 12 are coming down in July to spend a week. This is the first time we are bringing a friend(friend has been to Disney but always stayed off property). We have pretty much stayed at all resorts at some point. We will tour in the morning and at night. During the heat of the day we either be poolside or at Disney Springs. I just would like to know which resort people think the tweens would like best?

Both my DD's would choose Yacht over POR every time. They love the pool at BC/YC and the location cannot be beat!

I think Yacht Club will be a lot of fun for your daughter and friend. The pool is great and the Boardwalk has a lot of fun activities on it. It's always nice to be in walking distance of two parks as well.

Yacht Club’s location is incredible, the pool is generally said to be the best on property, and it’s easier for teens/ tweens to have a little more independence as so much is nearby, or within walking distance. You can’t go wrong with either but my personal choice would be Yacht Club! :)

I agree with everyone else and would pick yc. Being there when it’s so hot it’ll be nice for them to have SAB to swim in. It’s also super convenient to have Epcot to walk to and the boat to hs.

I have 2 girls and YC would win that one without a blink. The pool, the boardwalk, walking to 2 parks, the views, rent surrey bike while fireworks are happening, walk to mini golf, Beaches & Cream.....

I agree with everyone else and would go with YC. Last year we did a split stay between POR and YC. We really, really like POR, but SAB at YC cannot be beat, especially in the summer. I think your daughter and friend could have a great time there. Also, walking to two parks is such a nice perk. Unless you have a car, you’re pretty much stuck taking the bus everywhere from POR, except Disney Springs of course. The whole atmosphere of the Boardwalk area is nice and fun and I don’t think you can go wrong with a stay at YC.

Adult me says Yacht Club - it’s my favorite resort on property! But teenager me would say Riverside. Especially if you like to spend time at Disney Springs - having the boat option is so nice!

Another vote for Yacht Club. Although, Port Orleans would be my choice for moderates.

Big fan of the Boardwalk area. Love being able to walk to EPCOT and HS. The pool at BC/YC can't be beat for the kids.
Port Orleans is really good for a moderate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter