Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest Rooms Refurb

ericbansemer

Earning My Ears
We are staying at POR in a Royal Guest Room in October and received an email about the resort under going room refurbishments while we are there. While we're there the refurbs will be in the Alligator Bayou section and from my research it isn't scheduled to start in the manors until early 2019.

I am wondering if anyone has an idea what they will do in the Royal Guest rooms, are they going to replace the carpet with a hard flooring like they have been doing at other resorts? If so that will take out some of the theming that is in the carpets. I'm sure they'll be replacing the tv with the new larger ones they have been adding, but the current TV's are framed in so that will be extra work if they choose to keep that framing.

I'm sure they will keep these rooms special with the extra theming, I'm just curious to see what they are going to do. I have loved the refurbs they have done at the other resorts so far.

You may want to post question on the Port Orleans thread. Someone there may have some insight. I’m not looking forward to refurb like I have in the past. Now it seems they’re making all the rooms pretty generic, taking out a lot of the theming, and ceiling fans. I love having the ceiling fan. Esp in August.
At least the Royal Rooms will keep their theming. I hope they keep the headboards.

We liked the theming of the Royal Rooms when we stayed in December, but it did look pretty worn out (faded carpet and shower curtain, a bit dingy overall, needed a fresh coat of paint inside and out). I do think they are due for refresh while keeping the existing theme, though I wouldn't want re-theming altogether.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!