Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay finally.We ended up having to customize 2 sets of bands for a split stay in pofq. So we got green and red they will be our Xmas bands. And then we got pink and blue lol I'm excited. 50 years old and still rockin disney

We are at POFQ at the end of November and not sure how the magic band and FP+ will work for us.

We have booked through Virgin Holidays with park tickets and the free dining. Will we able to customise magic bands or is this just for people who book with disney.
Also another query regarding park tickets are they automatically registered against the reservation so we can reserve fast passes

MB and FP+ should be for all on-site guests, and yes your tickets should hopefully be linked to your reservation. You'll need to log in to your My Disney Experience account and then try to link your booking to the account - but I'm not sure how that works with Virgin reference numbers as I don't book via them... Maybe a good idea to ask in the British visitors forum?

Andre

Photos taken on official opening day (August 22, 2013) of the newly built firepit, for the nightly (weather permitting) marshmallow roast at POFQ. It is very nicely built firepit, and a scenic setting. Still all the free Jet Puffed marshmallows your parents let you have. Best deal at Disney. :)

It is in the courtyard in between buildings 4, 5 and 6. (Same place they have the nightly movie (unless it is raining - then they show a movie on the tv in the food court.) It is not at the river view location any longer.

(Hopefully below are two links, to two photos on photobucket.)

We are at POFQ at the end of November and not sure how the magic band and FP+ will work for us.

We have booked through Virgin Holidays with park tickets and the free dining. Will we able to customise magic bands or is this just for people who book with disney.
Also another query regarding park tickets are they automatically registered against the reservation so we can reserve fast passes

Thanks for any help

You will need your disney reference number to link it to your my disney experience account. Virgin will be able to give it to you.
Happy planning

Thanks for any help

If you booked a package with room, tickets and dining, when you link your reservation number as per UK Mum of 4's advice, it should put the whole package onto your MDE account, including tickets :)

2Tiggies said:
If you booked a package with room, tickets and dining, when you link your reservation number as per UK Mum of 4's advice, it should put the whole package onto your MDE account, including tickets :)

I booked the whole lot as a package too, directly with Disney. When I log onto MDE it shows the resort reservation and DP but there are no tickets linked...

MB and FP+ should be for all on-site guests, and yes your tickets should hopefully be linked to your reservation. You'll need to log in to your My Disney Experience account and then try to link your booking to the account - but I'm not sure how that works with Virgin reference numbers as I don't book via them... Maybe a good idea to ask in the British visitors forum? Andre

We managed to get a double dose of disney pixie dust today , first the ability to customise our magic bands became available and then when DW called to check with disney how we go about the tickets as we didn't know if they would get them added automatically or whether we would need to present the vouchers on arrival, the cast member DW spoke to could see we had the dining plan and the the ultimate 14 day park tickets and linked the park tickets to enable us to book FP+ tickets when the reservation window for our booking becomes available..

All in all a great day, roll on the end of November and our first stay in POFQ

Here now... Not having the most magical of times. I loooove love love this resort, this isn't our first stay. However, we have switched rooms four times already.
Firstly, when we did online check In,, called disney, etc... We specifically said we did not want conjoining rooms.
We check in... Had conjoining rooms. We had a dining reservation to get to not long after check in, so we decided to take care of it when we got back to the resort.

We return, go to the front desk, had another room issued to us. Transfered alllll of our things to a room in building 1, in the boonies facing a parking lot. Which was ok I guess. Get into the room and saw a balled up wash cloth with hair in it shoved under the sink. (paid for garden view btw). Called front desk again, they said "we will have another room for you in the morning, we apologize, just call bellhop in the am and we will have your bags sent to your new room when you return from your park day." we say ok fine. Cool.

So we go out to play at a park and just returned. We go to front desk, get our new room issued (third one guys!) We hobble over to building 3, ok cool! Get up to our room, and BAM!!!! Conjoining flippen room again. At this point I just want to cry. We havent been able to properly unpack since we got here. Sooo hubby marches down to the front desk and said... "Well.. We got another conjoining room, thats what started the room changes to begin with". So they moved up to building 5. Now we are siting waiting on our luggage, once again. . .

Im pretty bummed. I normally don't complain over small stuff, but this vacation happens once in a while, its not cheap. And I just didn't want to be so close to someone to where I can fear them fart. I love this resort, but jeeeez louise.

Hear** not "fear".. Ha.

Sorry for the rant.

What would ya'll do? Just "get over it" or raise more cain? We've lost a few hours of precious vacay time just switching rooms. I'm not a nag, I promise.

We specifically said we did not want conjoining rooms.

About 50% of the rooms have connecting doors, and we tend to find we get one as often as not. To be really honest, at least for us, it seems to make no difference whatsoever - there are TWO heavy doors (making them lockable from both sides) between you and the next room; there is generally no more sound leakage via those doors than there is through the walls. I guess the only exception is if your neighbours decide to open the door on their side deliberately, but that game rarely lasts long.

I'd say just forget it and enjoy my stay to be honest. Unless you really feel that half of the guests staying at the hotel are getting 'superior' rooms to the other half...

Andre

We had conjoining rooms at the Gatwick Hilton once, and didn't think much of it, but the family in the next room were really loud. But I don't know if that was just coincidence.

But a Disney holiday is expensive and you want what you've paid for. Hope you get your room sorted soon! x

Thanks for the responses. My "neighbors" had little ones that, I'm guessing, thought that the door was a toy, secret passage way.. Who knows. Its just my husband and myself celebrating our first anniversary, (honeymooned here last year as well) so we just wanted a bit of relaxation.

andrewilley said:
About 50% of the rooms have connecting doors, and we tend to find we get one as often as not. To be really honest, at least for us, it seems to make no difference whatsoever - there are TWO heavy doors (making them lockable from both sides) between you and the next room; there is generally no more sound leakage via those doors than there is through the walls. I guess the only exception is if your neighbours decide to open the door on their side deliberately, but that game rarely lasts long.

I'd say just forget it and enjoy my stay to be honest. Unless you really feel that half of the guests staying at the hotel are getting 'superior' rooms to the other half...

Andre

So about 50% of the other rooms are not connecting, and thats what we asked for. :p

So about 50% of the other rooms are not connecting, and thats what we asked for. :p

That's what you requested anyway, please remember that requests are not guaranteed. You cannot book a room that is guaranteed with (or without, in your case) a connecting door.

However, that said, this does all seem like a lot of hassle for you (and for them, come to think of it!) It sounds like each new complaint that you have made has been dealt with separately, rather than in conjunction with any other previous requests.

In hindsight, it might have been easier for them to simply move the wash-flannel and re-clean the basin rather than moving you all round the resort again!

Andre

Its all good. I was just shocked at the back and forth from the front desk.
If theres a next time, ill just deal with it. Whats $2000 plus dollars.... pocket change. Silly of me to have expectations.

After two days, im off to finally unpack. Ttfn.

After two days, im off to finally unpack. Ttfn.

Good plan! Building 5 is a nice location (near to pool, near to movies/campfire courtyard, near to foodcourt/buses and even fairly close for the boat dock) so I hope it works out well for you at last and you can relax and enjoy.

Andre

We are at 64 days and I am wondering if we should do online checkin. We have 2 rooms and requested first floor Bldg. 4 on our reservation. The reservations are linked and I read somewhere you can not do online for multiple rooms. Will we still be able to personalize magic bands if we don't do online? Getting excited:cool1:

We are at 64 days and I am wondering if we should do online checkin. We have 2 rooms and requested first floor Bldg. 4 on our reservation. The reservations are linked and I read somewhere you can not do online for multiple rooms. Will we still be able to personalize magic bands if we don't do online? Getting excited:cool1:

We are 62 days out and the option to personalise our magic bands appeared this morning ... Just keep checking in MDE and hopefully they'll appear soon

We are 62 days out and the option to personalise our magic bands appeared this morning ... Just keep checking in MDE and hopefully they'll appear soon

Thanks..I just checked and was able to personalize bands. It said we could edit until Oct 30 so does it mean that is when they will be mailed to us?

Anyone able to answer my question about online check in for multiple rooms?

Thanks..I just checked and was able to personalize bands. It said we could edit until Oct 30 so does it mean that is when they will be mailed to us? Anyone able to answer my question about online check in for multiple rooms?

Don't know as we will have to collect ours at check-in as Disney don't ship magic bands to the uk ...yet

Hope you get an answer for your online check in query

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!