• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans FQ Closed in May?

bobojenny

Earning My Ears
I was just looking at wdwig information site. I noticed that on the dates I booked at the POFQ, they will be closed for renovations. I have paid in full for the hotel and have heard nothing from Disney about moving me.

I called and heard that this was true, however, they said I have to wait for the proper department to call me and arrange a switch.

Has anyone been contacted yet? I hate to wait with only 3 1/2 weeks left. This is my second call to them.

Any info appreciated.:confused:

I can’t believe they are letting us hang like this. My ressies are not until the end of June, but I spent a lot of time planning (almost a full year) and now I find myself scrambling for a hotel, hoping there will be vacancies for the dates I need. I was told by CRO on Saturday that they would start calling people on Monday. Well, today is Monday, and I haven’t read one post from anyone that has been called.

I was able to reach Disney's Relocation Dept. today. They informed me that this is all very true. That they were unaware of when they were doing the construction and are well aware of the fact that people are waiting. I am scheduled on May 2nd.

They state that if you are patient and wait for the phone call to your home, they will have more to offer. currently, they are working on the lists of people and the offers available to them. It will be something like an equal moderate or a slightly higher upgrade amount for a deluxe AKL or WL.

I am very disappointed that I have to wait until next week for my phone call, but I am not willing to sacrifice what they may have to offer me by being persistant now.

Keep me posted if you hear anything else.

I hope it all works out!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter